Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Season 3 is weird. No more cat and mouse suspense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I both enjoyed the movie when I saw it and also acknowledge that any movie that revolves around an ending twist is not gonna be as good on repeat viewings.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I haven't watched S2 yet, but S1 boiled down to: the trade minister and the obergrupenfuhrer are awesome, Juliana and Frank are not, and Joe is the worst.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I assume Amazon Prime will have it at some time before S3.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I haven't seen eXistenZ in a long while, but it will feel very retro from a video game perspective, right? I seem to remember it more referencing the style of early PC games.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Independence Day 3 was better.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

S2 of Happy Valley started good, then shuffled its way to a lackluster ending.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Anyone else watch The Path? I feel like I'm the only person watching it.

I gave it a shot in Season 1 but was thoroughly bored by it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't think I watch a single show that "needs" to exist. I watch Better Call Saul because I enjoy it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I always thought the only bad blood was between everybody and Jim Mallon.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Westworld is an extremely well made show, but I find it's not sticking with me like other shows that I've enjoyed.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I'm not convinced the parallel narratives thing was a good idea. I think back and I don't think I personally got much out of the past storyline, and that's a lot of show not to care much about. Then it's just a spent twist. I think I would've preferred them spending time making present-day Ed Harris's journey more interesting. I didn't enjoy it as much after the jail escape. I'm cool with "What door?" though.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 13, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

A MIRACLE posted:

Yeah it's terrible. Maybe it takes time for the algorithm to figure poo poo out

I assume people are only bothering to go back to rate the stuff they like, so there's a hundred ups to every down.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Alterian posted:

Sort of a tangent, but related.

What's better? Chromecast or a Firestick? I am both an amazon prime member and I use google stuff pretty extensively.

I think Chromecast works better but I like Firestick's remote and interface.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Just started watching What Happened to Monday? and that finger-cutting scene was so dumb.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The whole movie was dumb and a waste of three really good actors.
Other issues with the concept aside, when I first read the description, I thought it was gonna be about each one going through their daily routine while gathering clues to solve a mystery, not immediately jumping into running and gunning.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The show jokes about this internally, but I really thought White Gold was going to be about cocaine.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

What's it about then? Based on the photo I assumed it was about a bunch of Wall Street guys in the 80s doing a bunch of cocaine.

The white gold is the plastic they use to make windows cheap (that they snort some cocaine off of for the joke) . The main character is a salesman for a window company.

The character thinking he's the hottest poo poo while doing something so mundane is part of the show.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 23, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

All the 80s songs in Death Note was weird.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Ozark - I don't know if it's because of Arrested Development, but I often found myself wanting Marty to be a tiny bit more humourous.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

That bit where he almost forgot his son at the redneck family's house was so Michael Bluth.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The story was that the showrunner teased occult stuff pre-writing and then decided not to do that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Netflix puts up what they buy from the production companies (often stuff for re-runs and/or packaged for syndication it seems). If you want extended versions of anything, you have to bug them.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

How on Earth can American Vandal go on for eight episodes?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Alex is a loving liar.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's funny. It's just deadpan.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think I would've liked the Bad Batch on some level if the last scene was them eating the heroine instead of the bunny.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Watched an episode of Cable Girls: The modern songs during club scenes is such a weird stylistic choice.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Gerald's Game ending I really thought she was writing to her mom or sister, and then weirdly twisted it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Fargin Icehole posted:

Anybody got an opinion on "Whatever happened to monday"? Been thinkin' about watchin it.

I thought it was pretty bad, but I guess you can look past the nonsensical stuff if you've got a thing for future dystopia movies.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The weird thing about Schitt's Creek is at first glance it looks like another "mean comedy", but it's actually pretty upbeat.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

An undercover sting at the local brothel? Well, let's get the gas station owner involved for no apparent reason.

That one makes sense, because he was a member of their vigilante-ish group.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Mindhunter: I really should know better by now not to peek at Reddit after watching any show with a female character.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Oct 22, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The thing that wasn't in 1922 that's typically in stories of that genre is that one detective that's sure the protagonist did it and constantly dogs him.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The worst thing I remember Steve doing in S1 was breaking a stalker's camera.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Filthy Hans posted:

He also very publicly slut-shamed Mike's older sister

His offense was succumbing to peer pressure by not stopping his friends from doing that. He just went "This seems hosed up, maybe you shouldn't do this."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Why did my friend tell me to watch Frontier? It's awful.

The thing that confuses me about Hateful Eight is the flashback. It elongated the movie while adding absolutely nothing to it. I liked Goggins and Jackson doing their things though.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I enjoyed Chappie, but the consciousness transfer stuff seemed quickly pulled out of thin air.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Every once in a while, I pick a random movie on Netflix that I've never heard of, and it turns out to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

The New Daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Liked this season of Longmire except for Cady's storyline, where she had to be a complete idiot to get her where they wanted her at the end.