Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
How's You? I've seen some positive buzz about it but there was also a lot of talk surrounding Maniac and I dropped that after three eps.

Lycus posted:

Derry Girls: What was the attack at the end?

The trailer was funny enough to add to my list, but is it any good overall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
The netflix Fyre doc was great and I hope the people from the Bahamas got some out of being interviewed, but if I have to listen one more time how this dude was sooooooo charismatic and visionary... you all got played, he's not exactly a criminal mastermind, yet somehow this one guy got played so bad he was ready to suck dick at command.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Alterian posted:

If I remember correctly, wasn't it even a slighlty watered down "son of a bitch"?

Like son of a gun?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I'm watching Behind The Curve, ten mins and this dude is a raging manchild, but he's got a point about how the belief is easily spread given that scientific explanations fall flat when flat earthers just have to go "hey, i don't see a curve there, explain that!"

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

I mean, the explanation isn't really all that scientific is it? Isn't it just that the flat earth people are complete morons? It's not like you have to recite a formula or teach them a complex scientific concept to explain it.

Yeah, but the observational nature of it, and sugar pilled with a dose of conspiracy about the government sells it. It kinda poisons any chance of discourse surrounding it for them. But wow, this guy... He even cites game of thrones lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

minato posted:

It's not a bad documentary, but it could have been so much better. I'd have preferred it if it had been a jumping off point to talk about conspiracy theorists in general. They only offer a smattering of explanation as to why these people fall down these rabbit holes, and barely touch on how conspiracy theorists destroy their own lives and descend into their own bubble because they reject (or are rejected by) those who disagree with them.

But at least they get a few solid self-owns in there. Like the "engineer" who spent $20,000 on a gyroscope to prove the earth wasn't rotating, got the exact opposite of the results he wanted, so has reduced himself to retrying the experiment by encasing the gyroscope in a bismuth container (?!?).

They touch on some aspects, or rather their interviews do, especially Patricia when she has a very self reflective moment about the nature of paranoia. The dude who has a brain coach who got him into flat earth though, gently caress me, he's got brain rot.