Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

precision posted:

One wonders how such a bad liar managed to con so many people

“Influencers” and other bougie trust fund babies are universally dumb as poo poo :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I'm finally getting around to finishing the first season of Halt and Catch Fire and I'm really digging it. Is there ever a decline in quality in later seasons or is it pretty much consistent all the way through?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Katz’s mandolined and wet-mounted body is still one of the most hosed up things I’ve ever seen on a show.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I think they made an even worse sequel to that one. Didn’t Battle for Los Angeles or whatever it was called come out at the same time? Never saw that one but the previews looked decent.

Battle for Los Anglers’ biggest sin is being incredibly boring, but the alien designs are decent.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I was very disappointed in Hereditary. The last 15 minutes turned into an evil dead style looney tunes cartoon while the last minute literally has a character explain the plot of the movie. I was on board for the main twist. Collette and Byrne were great as grieving parents. Still, it was too plodding overall and that ending designed to make up for it totally lost me.

Thank you. I was starting to think I was the only person who absolutely hated that ending.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Is Mads actually the lead of Polar or is he only in it for like ten minutes? I sat through Charlie Countryman just for Mads, I figure anything will be a breeze after that.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Man, Polar is really bizarre. I hated the first hour with the Totally Wacky Assassins straight out of a Smokin' Aces knockoff. Once they were gone, I liked the stuff with Mads looking for revenge and I was hoping the last half could be salvaged, but that ending was just awful.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Red Oktober posted:

Wait, what? Did I miss something major?

It’s barely touched on, but when Morf researches the man who created all the paintings he finds out Dease was institutionalized after killing his father, and at the institution he was subjected to experimental electroshock treatments at the behest of the government.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Lucky is up on Hulu. It’s a pretty solid flick and a nice farewell for Harry Dean Stanton.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

veni veni veni posted:

I have no idea why people hate on Hulu anyways. It's a good service that is well worth the price. There is an absolute fuckton of content and it's the only streaming service where you can actually keep up to date on TV shows. No Ads is the same price as netflix and cheaper than HBO which has like 1% of the content of Hulu.

I know it's something we mention often in this thread, but with Netflix's ever-decreasing selection of non-original content I get far more use out of Hulu these days than anything else. Their TV selection is fantastic. Their movie selection is more or less on par with Netflix in terms of quantity, but they seem to get more cult and indie stuff. Their exclusive documentaries are great. The only real advantage Netflix still has over Hulu is with original content, but Hulu's slowly getting better at it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Nothing will ever be as bad as the UI in Shudder’s Xbone app

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Yeah, Netflix dumps anything you’ve already watched into the very bottom row of each category when you’re browsing.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

precision posted:

Everyone watch Six String Samurai on Prime. Mad Max with surf rock.

The first time I saw Six String Samurai I was a teenager and I absolutely loved the movie, but I tried watching it again last year and absolutely hated every second of it. If you have fond memories of it, don’t even attempt a rewatch because it’s bad. It’s real bad.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Class Warcraft posted:

Next I watched The Endless which was a very cool indie sci-fi/horror flick about two brothers who return to the ufo death cult they escaped a decade earlier.

If you liked that, you should check out Spring by the same guys. I don’t know if it’s streaming anywhere, but it’s a really solid indie monster flick with a unique setting for the genre.

I haven’t seen their first movie, Resolution, but I hear it’s also very solid.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Love, Gilda is on Hulu and it’s great because she was great and they use portions of the audiobook for her autobiography as narration.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I thought the 2nd season was largely okay, but definitely less focused and definitely a step down from season 1. Season 3 feels like a conscious effort to return to season 1 form, right down to the framing device, relationship between leads, and case theme. Season 3's plot hasn't been as engaging as season 1's, but Mahershala Ali has been absolutely stellar and, unless they completely flub the landing on sunday, is worth your time.

Just finish season 1, jump straight to season 3, and then if you really want to be a completionist then watch season 2.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Big Man Japan is streaming on Shudder and everyone should watch it. The first 20-30 minutes are a real slow burn, but once that movie gets going :wow:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Something about The Lobster just did not click with me at all. Usually bleak quirky mean-spirited stuff is right up my alley, but something about that movie just came off as excessively sadistic. I’d hesitate to say I hated it, but I definitely have zero desire to ever rewatch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Man, gently caress every single flat earther in this documentary. The scene where Patricia and Mark are running around Space Center Houston pointing out 'damaged' displays and empty rooms as proof that their side is 'winning' was absolutely infuriating. I know the end of the doc focuses on reaching out to these idiots to help them instead of just laughing at them, but why even bother? They're just going to continue inventing excuses to believe in this poo poo.