Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

monstertruckdriver posted:

Europa Report is a pretty great found footage sci-fi movie about a manned expedition to the titular moon of Jupiter. Excellent production values for its small budget, Sharlto Copley is in there too.

I liked this one. I especially appreciated how they behaved sort of like how actual astronauts might, instead of like the idiots you usually see in movies like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Of the four horror films from that studio (they were part of a box set when released to DVD but Hulu Plus has all of them), I liked The Living Skeleton the best. It was very Tales From the Crypt. Fiend Without a Face was pretty weird but okay until the ending when it went completely insane.

This is why you need Hulu Plus, so you can participate in discussions of obscure Japanese horror films from the sixties.

Fiend Without A Face is a British made film about invisible brain/spinal cord monsters. The four films in the Shochiku set are Living Skeleton, Goke, X From Outer Space, and Genocide.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

quote:

X Files :words:

Watch Kolchak: The Night Stalker

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

How is Danger 5 for kids?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

TychoCelchuuu posted:

As long as you're okay with your kids seeing lots of violence, sexual innuendo, swearing, alcohol use, smoking, and jokes they won't understand, it's totally fine.

Hah! OK, thanks.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

I'll probably go for Rome right now and watch Spartacus next.

Actually, watch Spartacus first. Historically it occurs earlier, you'll see Julius Caesar as a young fellow. Then you can watch Rome and see the end of his career. Then follow that up with I Claudius and Quo Vadis, and you've done Roman history from the fall of the Republic through the first five emperors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Binary Badger posted:

If you want some slightly different horror, try Horror Express up on Amazon Prime.

It stars Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing in one of the few movies they are both protagonists; it was made on a low budget and was a joint Spanish/British production and strangely enough is loosely based on Who Goes There, the same short story that provided the basis for The Thing, but from a slightly different perspective.

Also has a special guest appearance by Telly Savalas minus his trademark lollipop and 'Who loves ya baby' shtick.

It's got a very 70's Gothic feel to it which might not be your cup of tea but it's a great vehicle for Cushing and Lee..

This is a good movie.