Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
gently caress nevermind...Enemy is not on streaming.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I love the priest from Deadwood, so much so that I really enjoy his show on Sundance, Rectify.

My Mom took over my Apple TV during a visit a few months ago and made me watch Rectify.......was impressed. Like Terrance Malick type poo poo in a tv show. I didn't really pay attention to who the creator was till after I watched S1 even though I wondered why Dan Dority AND Johnny were both on this show.

SOA after S2 really just turned out awful. :barf: I can't wait for Sutter's newest GOT ripoff to poo poo itself next.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
NOT ON STREAMING BUT...........

http://bastardexecutioner.net/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCUoDZI9CpY

Peg Bundy as Cat Stark! :classiclol:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The only non-good thing about The Shield was the obnoxious intro.

I also didn't get into Breaking Bad until netflix got it. Saw the pilot when it aired and then proceeded to miss a few episodes so then I just waited for it at that point while my friends were all :dance:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Yeah I finished Mad Dogs today - it was slightly more interesting than average and I'm not sure where it would go from the ending without it just being "Mad Dogs II." Ben Chaplin takes over Billy Zane's role/house, becomes some sort of CIA operative and the others go home.

It's worth watching occasionally on a spare computer while working or something, that's what I did.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

pahuyuth posted:

What say ye all about Marcella on Netflix? I fell in love with Anna Friel as Chuck on Pushing Daisies and I love a good British crime thriller so it should be right up my alley.

I liked Marcella but as I mentioned earlier we've all already seen it (The Killing, Broadchurch) with the plethora of red herrings and then the final "meh" reveal.

I am halfway through Stranger Things and the 80's stuff is right up my alley (I'm 48) - except nobody had a cherried out Pinto by 1983 they were all trashed by then. Although the show is in "Indiana" and it's filmed in the winter in Georgia and other places, but it's clearly got a PNW vibe to me.

They also got some "Close Encounters", "Altered States" and "Scanners" poo poo in there too. :yum:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Last Kingdom would have been better if Matthew Macfayden had been in it beyond the pilot. The lead is just okay.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

fishtobaskets posted:

I wish I had been able to see it at the time, because apparently Henry Fonda's villain turn was a stunning typecasting break. For me now, that role almost defines him as an actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHI6Hl7FUqA

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Sicario was great and the tunnel scenes with that creepy music was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Luke Cage was worth watching mostly due to Mahershala Ali and to a lesser extent Alfre Woodard and Rosario Dawson and even Frankie Faison and the other side characters.

Mike Colter is a cool dude and obviously physically imposing but his acting is sort of wooden and his scenes with Ali made it pretty evident he was greatly overmatched.