Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowbeef
Apr 21, 2010

LogisticEarth posted:

Watched Oculus tonight. Worth a watch if you're in the mood for horror. My main gripe is the ending is pretty unsatisfying. It feels like the movie was missing a climax, and that the "mirror" had already won from the start as it could make the siblings think whatever it wanted them to. Maybe that was the point? Either way the anchor/killswitch going wrong was telegraphed from a mile away. The movie explicitly showed us that it could go wrong early in the film, and that the characters understood how the "mirror" was trying to use it against them. Would have been better in the end if the mirror was destroyed or at least was cracked a bit more. Otherwise, very little actually happened with the story. Interesting horror concept but not fully developed.

Ditto. I'm just happy that it was better than most of the horror movies that find their way to Netflix. The mood is constantly unsettling and you don't know what will happen next. Also managed to balance the flashbacks with present-day narrative fairly well. Ending could have been better but I'm sure the writers were pleased to see a sad ending make it to the final cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU