Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

Haha I actually love Black Panther. It's in my top five movies of the year. It was a different experience seeing black people act authentically black in a superhero movie. As a black man I give it a 10 out of 10.

With that said, it was still just a movie about some dudes punching some other dudes while some ladies threw hands at some other ladies and a white dude ran around terrified of all the Black Excellence. Also rhinos for pets who also gently caress poo poo up.

E: My review score has been adjusted due to rhinos. It's now a full 11/10.

I was immediately credulous at the hiring of a British actor to play an American CIA agent. And Killmonger was correct to send weapons to poor people to murder the rich and powerful. gently caress Black Panther he sucks.

a sexual elk posted:

I watched it baked and it straight up gave me a panic attack. Just an overwhelming sense of doom. Death is one thing but the idea of our race ending fuuucked me up.

I liked the little detail of the youngest person in the world becoming a celebrity. And the suicide pills being advertised on TV. Just lots of really morbid details for a dying world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Crimpolioni posted:

It's pretty easy to get and you don't have to have seen Vikings.

Yeah it’s The Office set in the Viking era. It’s good.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Legend is on amazon prime. I remember it being awesome when I saw it on channel 11 all the time as a kid.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Perestroika posted:

One thing about Strike Back is that it has a massive shift in tone between the first and second season. The first one (IIRC directed by a wholly different team) is a relatively subdued thriller-ish thing. All the following seasons are ludicrous but amazing balls-to-the-walls action fests. Some services also just outright skip the first season. That's not to say that the first season is necessarily better or worse, just that it's a very different beast.

It's also as mindless as action movies/shows get, for viewers who thought Banshee was too cerebral. In Strike Back everyone double crosses everyone else at some point, sometimes triple crossing, then a bunch of explosions and boobs, it's wild. It's exactly what me at 15 years old thought Cinemax was. More importantly it looks like everyone's having a good time, and there's nothing I love more than actors who know they're in a B-movie/series just shred scenery and have fun pushing the limits with a reasonable budget.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

40 minutes into The Night Comes For Us and this is the most insanely violent, visceral, best action film I’ve ever seen.