Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

The term Mary Sue loses a LOT outside of fanfiction, where it's specifically you inserting your Original Character Do Not Steal into a licensed universe and they're better than the heroes at everything and they can't believe how good this new person is, and half the characters fall in love with them, etc.

I have heard people argue that Daenarys Targaryen and Jon Snow are Mary Sue characters despite not being fanfics, and it's a compelling argument.

But yeah Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter are not Mary Sues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

I know I called Godless corny, and it is, but it sure is entertaining and I'm really enjoying it. Maybe cool it with the rape poo poo though. I get that these dudes are bad, as evidenced by them killing everyone they run into for no discernible reason. poo poo, even imply that they raped everyone and their dog for all I care, but I really don't need to see graphically documented emotional trauma in every ep of this dopey western.

I'm only two episodes in and it's better than it has any right to be.

Michelle Dockery is by far the least interesting part of this show. But her presence did get my girlfriend to watch and enjoy something she wouldn't normally watch, so :shrug:

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

nate fisher posted:

Wow I just finished the Japanese reality show Rea(L)ove on Netflix. I can describe this show in one picture.

3 episodes in and this show is great despite the male host being abhorrent.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

It's actually just Space Jam played 6.82 times.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

lol that new season of House of Cards is up on Netflix what the fuuuuuuck did they do I wonder

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Kevin Spacey's character died on the way back to his home planet.

I'm watching it right now and it is... not good.

Yeah they totally Poochie’d Kevin Spacey. It would be hilarious if it weren’t so thoroughly unentertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I’d probably pay around $10/month for a new episode of Terrace House each week tbh

But they would need to add subtitles to the Japanese audio description/couch commentary or no sale