Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Samfucius posted:

I don't think it has been posted in this thread yet, so if you all haven't been watching the 30 for 30's on Netflix, get on it. You absolutely do not have to be a sports person, almost all of them are really fascinating stories in their own right that just so happen to involve sports. I care about Oregon Duck football and pretty much nothing else in all of sports, and I have loved every one I have watched.

If you get overwhelmed by the number of options, I highly recommend The U, June 17 1994, Survive and Advance, and The Two Escobars. Seriously though, I have yet to see a bad one and some have made me tear up.

Seriously every 30 for 30 seems great, except the Ice Cube one about the Raiders. Its like Cube just wanted to make a movie about himself and loosely tied it into the LA Raiders.

My two absolute favorites aren't on Netflix but are easy to find on youtube in their entirety:
Catching Hell, which is about a fan who interfered with a foul ball and the weird tendencies for fans to assign scape goats in sports to people who don't deserve it

And Of Miracles & Men, about the Soviet team that lost the Miracle on Ice, but from the Soviet perspective. It's utterly fascinating and everyone should watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Echoing the love for Spartacus. I turned it on because I needed a show to watch my girlfriend wouldn't like and it looked like fun trash but it ended up being incredibly fun trash and I loved every minute of it

Currently binge watching Daredevil, it's basically Batman Begins only just with the mobsters as badguys & the hero is poor. Seriously, it's literally Marvel's Batman. He won't kill people. He does the growly voice. They keep talking about Hell's Kitchen like it's it's own city/Gotham. He fights in the dark. His parents are dead. He's a ninja. It's pretty solid and the fights are way better than anything Nolan did.