Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

So, thank you, thread; I probably never would've watched The One I Love without your recommendations. I really enjoyed that.

I'm glad to see It's Such a Beautiful Day up for streaming. I really enjoyed it when I watched it a few years ago. It's an incredibly moving experience, and I can't recommend it enough. I am not sure that I could watch it again, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Jack Gladney posted:

He jock it made of steel,
Eat sushi from a pail.
Jet Jaguar? Jet Jaguar!
He mother never really loved him.

When Jet Baby flies, she flies up there forever.
When Jet Baby flies, she flies through any weather.
When Jet Baby loves, she loves all of the children.
She never lets them cry as she sails through the sky,
to save us from what fails us and to make us loooooove!

NESguerilla posted:

Housebound is pretty rad. It's all over the place in a good way. I'd recommend it to anyone, especially anyone who likes Sam Raimi.

Pretty much exactly my feelings. Of the two basement-centered horror movies I've watched recently, I still think The Babadook was better, but I really enjoyed Housebound.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Kloaked00 posted:

Quick reminder that Season 3 of House of Cards is on Netflix now

As if C-- wasn't reminding me enough. Last night: "You want to set our alarm clocks so we get up at 3am and watch an episode or two?"

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Edminster posted:

ten episodes in and Limitless is basically "What if Chris Pratt's character from Parks and Rec actually was recruited by the FBI"
i mean there's a bit more nuance but the main character basically is Andy Dwyer.

It is such a shame that this show didn't get renewed. My favorite new show of last year.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

A MIRACLE posted:

limitless owns

It does. I still can't believe it didn't get renewed.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

I ended up really disliking The Wailing. It had already fallen into incoherence before the end presented two or three twists too many. I can dig movies without complete answers, but I like to feel like something makes sense.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Filthy Hans posted:

It's on Netflix US and it's pretty good, the co-star Nicola Walker is always excellent

Unforgotten, with Nicola Walker, is really good; it's a British crime procedural where none of the cops are crazy, which makes it kind of unique, I think. Not on Netflix, but well worth trying to catch.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

tweet my meat posted:

It's close enough. I just got through watching Outrage and No Tears for the Dead. The former was a pretty fun yakuza flick, the latter being a pretty solid action movie about an assassin who protects his target instead of killing her.

Did you watch Beyond Outrage? Also very much worth a watch.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

If you like anime, Hidive is absolutely worth subscribing to. They have a metric fuckload of both subbed and dubbed stuff, to the point where I frankly haven't even scratched the surface of the volume of crap they have on there, and off the top of my head I can say they have the entire Patlabor franchise and Ninja Scroll on there and those two things are worth $3.99 on their own.

So many dubs, which is kind of disappointing for me. Still, I've wanted to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes for a while...

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Everything that's dubbed is available subbed too, with it being as simple as a drop-down toggle.

Not everything -- and I guess I just got unlucky in the couple of things I tried. I see the option on other shows, though. Hmm, hmm. I'll have to find things to watch.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

magnificent7 posted:

Did anybody ever finish watching the Mr. Mercedes series? The Stephen King show exclusively on AT&T's DirecTV? Do you know if it'll ever be available to the rest of the world?
Yeah, I saw all of it. It's pretty damned good -- just about as good as you could hope an adaptation of Mr. Mercedes would turn out. Doesn't seem to be any kind of a DVD release announced. Also, while looking for that, I found out that Anton Yelchin was supposed to play Brady...

Season 2 this year, so I'm looking forward to that.

mysterious frankie posted:

It is waaaaacky and I like it. The first half is probably better than the second, because it's completely gonzo. The second half is only... mostly gonzo.
Yeah, Devilman Crybaby is pretty damned cool. I don't know, though, the second half was pretty gonzo -- so gonzo it seemed like they couldn't even figure out how to present some of it.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

viral spiral posted:

Yeah, the Dreamcatcher movie sucked balls, but the novel was pretty good, right? I know it was written when King was on painkillers; which didn't bother me because his best work from the 70s and 80s was written on drugs, too.

No, the book is loving awful, easily one of his worst. Only Tommyknockers ranks below it. (I don't have to say that this is my opinion, right?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

precision posted:

Oh hell yeah I've been waiting for that! I loved season 1 (not a comic reader) and the premiere of season 2 was almost better than every episode of S1. I know what I'm binging tonight :420:

Too bad it all kind of fell apart by the end. Plenty of good stuff, but set off by way too much wheel-spinning. The first couple of episodes fulfilled the road-trip promise of the end of the first season, but it all grinds to a halt. The Eugene and Hitler in Hell Show was the best part, and I was always just waiting to get back to that.

I'm still looking forward to Season 3.