Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Infernal Affairs. Watch Infernal Affairs.

Then watch it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Nah, then watch Sonatine instead.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Not sure how you get all that from it, it's very badly acted, badly shot, and really (really) badly written.

Watch Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose or Jose Chung's From Outer Space.

Really about any episode from season 3.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You can't really diss the conspiracy episodes too much because Alex Krycek mostly only appeared in those and he is great.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
All the best shows have a baseball episode. X-Files does, but does Breaking Bad?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Dredd is secretly a boring movie.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I watch Danger 5 for the aesthetic and look. The sound design as well is wonderful.

Like the written jokes are hit and miss, but they nail the "joke" of the way its shot and recorded.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Erebus posted:

monkey-cheese random.

what is with people and this phrase, I see it apply to every thing

its like the "pretentious" for comedy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Those premises are pretty rooted in the adventure genre though.

Besides the talking dog, which is a gag and not a premise.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Like how do you feel about Mike Tyson Mysteries? The criticism here seems to be more "its too high concept" than its "random"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Moon rock space monsters.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

flatluigi posted:

I really like alton brown (god I wish netflix still had all of good eats on it. and how it's made.) but after a while I got a bit frustrated at cutthroat kitchen and how people got legit hosed over in unrecoverable ways a large chunk of the time

Its all worth it for the rare moments when you think someone has gotten so incredibly hosed over like that and has been hit with all the hindrances, but yet still comes out on top.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

precision posted:

I just don't see how you could dislike Dredd unless you hate the entire genre it's operating in or something.

I think it was OK, so I don't dislike it. I just don't see what makes it more interesting or well done then... well actually interesting or well done action movies. I appreciate some of the stuff it does, like actually keeping Urban in the helmet the whole movie, though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chichevache posted:

Stoicism and emotionless are two different things. Being stoic is suppressing and hiding emotions (or the philosophical poo poo too). Being emotionless is to not have those emotions. You might as well assume he doesn't have a penis either, since Driver didn't actually pull it out and dangle it in front of the camera.

That is actually a good point. The Driver doesn't have a penis.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

precision posted:

I didn't know Stone directed Talk Radio, that's a fantastic film. Wall Street is also amazing.

We are the only people in the world who seem to like that movie, btw. Nice to meet you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Watch House. Sorry I mean HOUSE!

You will enjoy HOUSE!

The movie is one of my favor- HOUSE!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There are no experts in anything and everyone is making it up as they go along.

Everything is a lie. All we have are the movies of Kevin Bacon.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chichevache posted:

Those two movies are amazing, but they don't fit into the Oscar genre.

I definitely love them though. Kingdom of Heaven is still my favorite.

You are suppose to be imagining the world where any movie could win an oscar, don't get caught up in the oscar genre.

That means... they have already won.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like King's Speech. I kinda have a soft spot for movies that are just straight up about friendships though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I uh.... don't really like ET or Close Encounters either.

I know, I know. I'm a bad cinephile. sue me.

Well now that I have your permission to, see you in court Uncle Boogeyman.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This sounds like a good idea for a podcast. Are the hosts good? I hate getting my heart broken with podcasts.

Oh wait: Devin Faraci. Hit or miss.

Its basically CD in Podcast form, but you can hear the yelling and its a bit less crazy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Cole's monologues are suppose to be goofy and him loving with the other characters. His character acts like a parody of anti-heroes because the only way he can cope with the horrible poo poo he has to deal with on his job, is to try to delude himself into the bullshit he is saying. Because that is much easier to do than to say the stuff he really believes in the face of THE HORROR he sees on a daily basis.

i like rust

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There are deleted scenes of cole reading archie comics after putting down the alan moore book

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

neonnoodle posted:

Some Amazon Prime alerts:

- the documentary Art and Craft is pretty incredible.
- season 1 of Veep is now streaming

Yay Veep, my favorite anti West Wing.

Also this is your monthly reminder everybody to watch The Thick of It if you haven't. Afterwards watch Veep.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Mazes and Monsters is based on a real suicide.

Poor Tom Hanks, he was such a young actor.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Why would you give us an update on your thoughts halfway through the second episode, and then say "I dunno things might change" instead of just giving us your thoughts when the episode finishes like a normal sensible rational human being you god drat weirdo.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chichevache posted:

Because I was so bored with the episode I didn't feel like giving it my full attention. And I've already shut it off, so you won't hear my thoughts on the rest of the episode.

This is the type of context you give to not sound like a crazy person!!!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Thanks for confirming that I should skip Sense8 for my hatred of 4 Non Blondes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I've only seen pieces out of order of the Transformers movie. I went to a friends house, and he has the worst ADD possible, and he basically fastfowarded and rewound through the movie skipping to all the parts he liked. I haven't watched it after that on purpose, because I like it better that way.

Oh my god just imagining this is driving me up a wall.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I have seen Hot Fuzz at least 8 times by itself and watch it with each of the 4 commentaries twice. It was only slightly less funny on my most recent watch.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah I wouldn't call Hot Fuzz a masterpiece despite how many times I watched it.

Now the commentaries on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wait, people don't like how the movie ends up being an origin story for Micheal Meyers With Guns?

Man, people suck.