Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
This seems like a good time to mention that Netflix snuck on season 5 of Wentworth recently. I had no idea until I stumbled upon it.

It is the type of show you watch while chuckling, shaking your head, and saying "why the gently caress am I watching this"

I don't recall any pee pee or doo doo, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Punkin Spunkin posted:

How is that? Good for TV or just good for Australian TV?

It's pretty ridiculous, yet I've watched 5 seasons of it now. It can be pretty dark. It does have some brief moments that I would consider legitimately good, like in season 3 one of the main characters goes through a big character arc. Come to think of it, I'd say it peaked in season 3.

I looked into my heart and I can say I recommend it, as long as you are aware it's a goofy rear end melodrama.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
If I thought last season of Bojack was just more of the same and the series was spinning in place, would I like the new season?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
It was fine and all, but I could pass on another season of the same.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Thanks guys!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Blind Rasputin posted:

What are the go-to good series on amazon/syfy/Netflix/Hulu right now? I think I might watch man in the high castle. Killjoys, can’t get into. Magicians season 3 seems ok so far and better than the last season. Humans on Amazon is a bit boring? Beyond Lucifer you guys might know of a new good show on Hulu? There’s so much on Netflix that is new every day I am asking because I’m afraid I’m missing out on something there too.

Most of the shows on syfy beyond the magicians just seem like such masterful poo poo.

Future Man on Hulu is pretty good.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Jose Oquendo posted:

In case anyone cared, Cobra Kai is really good.

It really is. There's a lot more going on in this show than people might expect; the characters are pretty complex. Absolutely worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i'm looking for a horror movie on netflix
- with a supernatural monster
- that isn't a zombie or a ghost or some other bullshit that could be accomplished by putting an extra in make-up
- recent-ish
- not complete trash
- leaning more towards serious than horror-comedy

Something like The Ritual, Borderlands / Final Prayer, Spring, or even the rubber-suit antics of something like The Monster would qualify, but I've seen all of those.

I imagine you've seen it, but how about Annihilation? Not a perfect match but I think it would be up your alley

Edit: whoops, turns out it's on prime, not Netflix like thought