Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Finished Season 2 of Bates Motel tonight, and it's really quite good. Dark, and a bit predictable, but still quite good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I finally sat down and watched Lars and the Real Girl tonight. That was not what I expected, but it was really powerful and really good.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Just watched "The History of Future Folk". Kind of a fun, quirky flick. If you like movies like "Safety Not Guaranteed", you'd probably enjoy this.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Oh, "The History of Future Folk" was supremely cheesy. To me for some reason it had the some sort of off-kilter tone as "Safety" I guess. They're not really comparable, but "History" struck the same type of chord (?pun?) with me I guess.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Cabin in the Woods

This movie is so good and fun.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Danger Mouse? Going to watch the poo poo out of that. Hello my childhood.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

I just watched a pretty decent end of the world movie called These Final Hours.

It takes place on Perth after a meteor has hit North Atlantic and there's 12 hours left before the firestorm hits Australia or whatever. They don't get much into the details and instead focus on this one particular character. Since I pretty much didn't recognize anyone involved it was easy to get wrapped up in the plot.

A good way to spend 90 minutes if you like that genre.

I watched this last week and also enjoyed it.

I watched "Plus 1" on Saturday, it was not bad. Kind of had a "Detention" vibe to it, but did not do as well wrapping itself up. I think it can be enjoyed by a wider audience than Detention too. Took itself more seriously. Might make a good double feature, but I'd watch +1, then Detention.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

cat doter posted:

edit: Caught Let the Right One In today too, and I feel like there's something really obvious about it that I'm missing and it's driving me nuts. Like that feeling when you're struggling to remember something that you definitely know you should remember.

It's a great low key movie otherwise, and I'm not sure why it gets classed as horror because it's really not, like at all. It's thematically really dense too, I'm probably gonna have to think on it a while because there's a million little scattered ideas I've got after seeing it.

Is that the one that is exactly the same as a slightly older Russian horror flick? I'm picturing a young boy, and a young girl who's a vampire...

Edit: or is that exactly the movie I'm thinking it is?

Gerdalti fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 27, 2015

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Master of None is better than I expected. The first episode was rough, but it gets much better. Not a lot of laugh out loud moments (aside from one H. Jon Benjamin moment where I may have woken my wife up), but solid. I watched 8 episodes last night.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Basebf555 posted:

Crispin Glover is an eccentric guy, but I recently saw a radio interview he did that really made me change my opinion of him. The reasons he was laying out for why he found Back to the Future distasteful and refused to do the sequel actually made a lot of sense to me. I guess Hollywood doesn't like actors sticking their nose in those kind of issues so he's always portrayed in the media as a completely over the top nutcase.

I think he talked about this some on The Nerdist podcast too. Might be worth a listen to anyone interested.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

iZombie is really fun if you want a super silly crime show about a zombie mortician who can have visions of a victims last moments by eating their brains.

I actually enjoyed iZombie a lot more than I thought I would. So I'll triple down on this recommendation (someone recommended it a few weeks ago which is why I watched it).

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Unzip and Attack posted:

I don't know why but Chardeemacdennis, the Game of Games, is one of my all time favs.

Good news then, it makes a comeback in the first episode of the season that just started last week.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Thanks for this. There's a ton of stuff I've been wanting to watch available using it.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Just got an email about 12 Monkeys on Hulu. Being a Syfy show, I'm guessing it falls between mediocre and horrible. Anyone watched it?

Disclaimer: I love time travel stuff.

I think it's actually pretty good. Syfy has had some pretty decent stuff lately. I've been impressed.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

The Norwegian film about a Wave

I enjoyed it a lot as well. The English voice track was pretty bad though, use subs if you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I agree that The Flash is pretty good. I'm also a big fan of Supergirl.