Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Basebf555 posted:

I haven't no. I need to go back and see everything he's done, I've really only seen the more well-known stuff where he's rarely the lead.

I didn't much care for the movie, but he's phenomenal in Charlie Wilson's War. I didn't like Hanks all that much in it, and I really don't care for Julia Roberts at all for no particular reason, but I'll still watch it if I see that it's on because Hoffman completely steals the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Samfucius posted:

I don't think it has been posted in this thread yet, so if you all haven't been watching the 30 for 30's on Netflix, get on it. You absolutely do not have to be a sports person, almost all of them are really fascinating stories in their own right that just so happen to involve sports. I care about Oregon Duck football and pretty much nothing else in all of sports, and I have loved every one I have watched.

If you get overwhelmed by the number of options, I highly recommend The U, June 17 1994, Survive and Advance, and The Two Escobars. Seriously though, I have yet to see a bad one and some have made me tear up.

I recently watched The Birth of Big Air, The Boz and You Don't Know Bo. Out of the three I'd recommend the Bo Jackson one the most. It's astounding how amazing of an athlete he was. The other 2 were good though.

I will also second The Two Escobars, as well as recommending Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I loooove the USFL one.

I didn't think I could loathe that man any more than I already did, but after watching that, I managed to bump it up a little more. What a piece of poo poo.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

ravenkult posted:

Also any movies about secluded cabins, houses, wilderness and so on.

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. It's great.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

girth brooks part 2 posted:

I watched Hombre,

I'm not sure if you realize this, but Hombre (the story) was written by Elmore Leonard, the guy who wrote Out of Sight,Jackie Brown, Get Shorty and the book Justified was based on. He got his start doing westerns. 3:10 to Yuma is one of his, as are Valdez is coming and Joe Kidd, all of which are pretty good to great.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Did anyone watch Powers on the playstation network?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Yeah honestly it was 90% of a really, really good movie and 10% weird pedo apologia that means I can never actually rec it to anybody

Maybe I'm just not remembering it well enough, but I didn't see it as pedo apologia at all. Spoilers just in case Thoreaux' character was a total creep and him taking the girl added to the tension of whether or not Skaarsgard's character would be able to save her, even if he didn't know what exactly was at stake. I thought it was a particularly cruel death for Paul Rudd knowing that Thoreaux was going to take his kid too. (not cruel in a bad movie way, but cruel for the character).