Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Future Man is a show that starts off shaky and ends up really good.

To me it was just a really long movie that had a slow start because I watched that show in one sitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tagichatn posted:

Really? I don't know if grandparents would get all the video game references.

I think it's more the sweet age to "get" Goldberg's is probably 38-43.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Also, all this time I thought Kristen Bell was Kristen Chenowith.

Only a 14 year age difference. :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Timby posted:

God, I adored him in the Star Trek reboot movies.

I'm the guy that really enjoyed Odd Thomas and wanted more of the series.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

david_a posted:

Working on finishing Black Mirror S4 now after also abandoning it for a while (trying to wrap up things before I switch to another service for a while) and I really, really hate episode 3. The tech hook is lame nonsense and the main character is utterly unsympathetic. Not sure I’m going to bother with the rest of it after that; the only episode I’ve really heard mentioned in this season was the first one. Has this show run its course at this point?

Metalhead is a pretty solid, unique episode. And the finale has a lot of callbacks to previous episodes which is kinda neat, not sure if I'd call it a "good" episode.

I think you can safely skip Hang the DJ though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What is wrong with you?? Hang the DJ is in the top 5 of the whole series.

I guess I'll have to go back and rewatch it but I wasn't particularly impressed.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Season 2 just feels like more of an actual documentary. Season 1 was amazing and over the top, and nothing can top the CGI hand job.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

You guys keep talking about Mandy, where is it streaming? I don't see it unless I'm blind.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

red19fire posted:

In Strike Back everyone double crosses everyone else at some point, sometimes triple crossing, then a bunch of explosions and boobs, .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmd1qMN5Yo0

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

Excellent, horror can be a minefield when trying to find stuff to watch with my wife.

I'm on episode 3 and I would actually say avoid it, there's a pretty big plot point about a foster kid being sexually abused.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Netflix has been pretty open about going after original content rather than having a library though. Whether that's ACTUAL original content, or stuff they bought the rights to, either way.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Just got an email that Hulu added all episodes of Married With Children. Ahhh Kelly Bundy, the love of my childhood.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man I love that stuff like Buster Scrugg can come out and I've never heard of it. It's like the old days of going to the video store and seeing something cool.

That movie it went from slapstick silly in the beginning to just plain heartbreaking in the Wagon Train section.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Slandible posted:

Yes, I love the show. I enjoy so many of the actors are from Continuum too which has a similar premise.

I did not like this season's end though. I kept thinking "this better not be a hard reset" and than it was.

Re: Travelers s3 ending

I suspected they were going to do time travel resets with the nukes, suspicions grew stronger when David died and Omega Protocol, and if you didn't know that they were going to reset when Marcy killed herself, you don't watch enough TV.

The ending with David and Marcy meeting was a bit iffy, since on paper you're to think "Awww they got together again" but then you have to remember that the Marcy there is a different character.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

If they do another season with the hard reboot it really wouldn't make sense to keep any of the actors other than McCormick, because he's the only person with knowledge of why the project failed. Because of that David and Marcy scene, and because Grant terminated his relationship with his host's wife before it began in the new timeline, there's no reason to expect anyone to be dying in the same circumstances as before so the Director would either utilize different corpses of opportunity or find some new methods for choosing hosts, and if the Director has more leeway to choose hosts then it wouldn't pick an epileptic woman nor a heroin junkie and that's 40% of the current team right there.

That having been said, it's a science fiction TV show so of course they would use the same actors and that means some ridiculous plot contrivances ahead. I like the show but honestly this might be the best point to end it.

(Travelers) they can't even use McCormick. He died in 9/11 in this new timeline.

Of course they could always say "he escaped" and then have the new director send back Marcy and crew again so nothing's changed, but I'd rather see the show end gracefully at this point. This season was really good but man it was brutal to watch in some parts. Poor David

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

yeah I wasn't sure if he died in the attack or not, but I think you're right because he was just standing by the window and checking his watch. Also the season was pretty rough on all the travelers, most of them experienced terrible loss and Trevor and the historian were physiologically doomed, and Grace never got that tryst with Trevor she was so hot for.

Travelers - he definitely died in the tower. He locked himself in the room where Traveler 001 had first appeared, so that if the Director didn't get his message to abort the program, at least 001 wouldn't be a problem (that's why Marcy was normal and not mentally handicapped at the end)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man now I'm hoping Terrorist House is a sequel to Sex House.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Thanks to those that recommended Killing Eve. Jodie Comer is a delightful psychopath.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I understand Hulu is terrible with ads, but I'd appreciate not seeing an ad for Future Man every commercial break when I'm watching Future Man. This is why people pirate.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fallom posted:

How about the same ad for a MEAN CHEVY TRUCK played 30 times instead?

Lately it's been Surface Pro and the NFL cupcake shop. Hulu knows me so well.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm 10 minutes into the last episode of Future Man s2 and this is going to end up being a game show, isn't it

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alterian posted:

I don't think people watching King of the Hill are the correct audience for all of those Peloton comericals I keep getting.

Yeah when I was on the 9th episode of Future Man in one sitting and got the 800th Peleton commercial I said to the TV "do the math, bro"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Shield has one of my favorite final seasons of any show. I think it benefitted from a slow burn when it was originally on, but definitely still amazing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Shield would have been even better with an occasional Dennis Franz rear end shot.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh hey, Ballad of Buster Scruggs got nominated for an Oscar for best song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MA4qCoa69o

Spoiler for stupid video preview

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Just got this from Hulu, helps the Netflix price hike sting.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Thwomp posted:

Then you remember you got Hulu for an entire year for $12.

I wish, sadly that wasn't for existing customers. :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Do Google Rewards surveys, you'll get a couple bucks a month that makes YouTube Red/Play music close to free.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh hey Incredibles 2 is up on Netflix.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If I hadn't watched Continuum already, this totally apt description would completely sell me on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Haha wow Treehouse on Hulu is like the worst "horror" movie I have ever seen.

The Into the Dark series is really a mixed bag of quality. I liked the one about the hitman on Halloween, and the one about the agoraphobic girl but the others have been mehhh