Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I watched Detention. I know I'm not the first person to say this, everyone has said it, but I can't not say it. What the gently caress was that movie?! One of the reviews on Netflix said it was like a shark, in that a shark needs to keep swimming or else it will die. Detention can't stay still at any point, each scene seems to last for no longer than 2 minutes. It's a clusterfuck. I lost count of the times I thought, "Oh, okay, this scene is about...gently caress, it shifted again." I think I like it, but mainly because I appreciate how balls out crazy it went. I was also worried this thread had built up the insanity too much. It did not even scratch the surface.

I'm trying very hard to not say anything about what the movie is actually about. Partially because it's hard to sum up, but also because I think going in blind helps. It's impressive it was even made in the first place.

This is only the second feature film this director made. I never saw Torque, because it looked like a by-the-numbers action flick. But now? I think I have to watch it. I know it won't be as crazy as Detention (I mean, how could it be?) but is it insane as well?

edit: Crank != Torque.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Crank and Crank 2 are both fun, but the movie you're thinking of is Torque, which is pretty good. It's like half the cast and crew recognized the joke, and half didn't.

Oh drat, you're right, I did mean Torque.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

...alright well now I need to watch Torque.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

LogisticEarth posted:

Way to drop the ball HBO. Hope the exclusivity deal is relatively short.

Looks like 3 months.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Netflix finally added season 5 of Archer.