Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

a foolish pianist posted:

The old 80s cartoon of The Real Ghostbusters is up on Netflix. I loved in back in elementary school.

Had to watch a few episodes this morning when I saw it on there. Was one of my faves as a kid, and seems like it's held up pretty well. The animation and voice acting is definitely better than most other shows of that era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

I don't wanna derail, but I nearly foam at the mouth every time someone mentions Lost. I'm not usually goony, but I become an angry obnoxious dweeb whenever someone claims to like Lost. I just can't understand how anyone squeezed joy out of that stinky turd past season 1.

Because it was full of great characters that people wanted to spend time with?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

air- posted:

The Handmaiden (newest Park Chan Wook film) is now on Amazon Prime :allears:

Saw this in the theater, it's real good.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

So who's gonna be the guinea pig to give Sandy Wexler a try?

AV Club actually liked it, I might give it a shot this weekend. Apparently Sandler actually put a bit of effort into the character, and it's not a mean-spirited movie like pretty much everything he's done has been lately.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Every WWII-era documentary that was added

Why We Fight: The Battle of Russia in particular is amazing
(all of that series are worth watching though)

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

DorianGravy posted:

I'm halfway through Cry Wilderness, and I'm really enjoying the show so far. I actually tend to enjoy both the movie and commentary, for whatever reason. MST3k has always been such a niche show; will it attract enough of an audience to get more seasons on Netflix?

I finished Cry Wilderness this morning, and I'm completely sold on this new season. Jonah and the bots feel like a perfect fit, and the skits have been pretty great overall. I laughed pretty frequently, and that's good enough for me.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Sandy Wexler is worth watching if only for the Beavis and Butthead prank phone calls during the end credits.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

For anyone with HBO GO, Becoming Warren Buffett was terrific.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Medullah posted:

Once you watch The Wire and Deadwood you've seen every actor to ever live.

I convinced a friend to start watching The Wire just today, and I've been getting "I didn't know X was in this!" messages off and on since then.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Oh poo poo, is Mr. Wizard streaming anywhere? That was hands down the best kids science show.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I know I'm late to the party, but Patriot on Amazon Prime is so good.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Alterian posted:

Sort of a tangent, but related.

What's better? Chromecast or a Firestick? I am both an amazon prime member and I use google stuff pretty extensively.

I've got both, and Firestick gets my vote. As mentioned, the interface is much better than the Chromecast.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

precision posted:

The show has a heart, a huge heart. It'll break your heart even. Seriously, it's the opposite of mean spirited by the end.

Exactly this. I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue past ep1 either, but so glad I did.

e: nobody should be deprived of Cool Rick

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

I'm not a deadhead in the slightest but Long Strange Trip is a really fascinating documentary. It doesn't fall into the usual traps. It doesn't try to cover everything and it jumps around in its approach but it covers how this thing became important to so many people and the cost that had to be paid.

Just finished the second episode, and it is really well made. I was a deadhead going in though, so my opinion is probably suspect.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

regulargonzalez posted:

Literally my first thought

Those notorious jackass weirdoes, Leo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet.

It's DEF the Coreys.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

Doesn't mean the rights aren't in limbo. Dweezil was just on WTF last year talking about how it's still a clusterfuck of rights issues because of her.

I just want Dweezil to be able to use his own last name and play his dad's music.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

what's a good comedy or weird movie to get high to on Netflix rn. and I don't mean some niche white people comedy like that broadway show where I have to get really lame references to laugh. anyone about to suggest the American Office plz sit down. maybe something from the 80s I missed (which would mean all of the 80s, I have seen Big Trouble in Little China and the Escape From movies).
I was leaning towards rewatching Gremlins (60% sure I saw that as a kid...or was that an MST3K knockoff...), there's no Encino Man (never saw that)...I did find The Assassin which I keep meaning to watch but that might be 2 heavy

kinda wish they had The Void already

Hot Shots, Part Deux! is on Starz streaming if you have that, and it is still funny as hell. Dunno if the first is streaming anywhere, but it holds up too.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

BrainDance posted:

Actually, probably best if I just leave it as a memory. Last time something from my childhood popped up years and years later on the Internet I had to come face to face with the fact that Mac and Me was an actually bad movie that had been brainwashing me the entire time.

Ummm, actually I think you'll find that Mac and Me is cool and good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hykhlKWD9dY

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Moana is probably best of the modern Disney movies. I haven't gotten sick of the songs either, even with it being played over and over.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Is Miami Connection still on Netflix? That's one of the greatest b-movies I've seen.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Finally found the time to watch Fargo S2 on Hulu, and you can put me in the loved it even more than S1 column. All of the early aliens and UFO references got my hopes up that the show was going to just go for it and get weird, and I was not at all disappointed.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Simplex posted:

I think if you want to get at the heart of the problems with the sequels your matrix movie marathon should consist of watching the first one 2-3 times, then the second, maybe the second one again, and then the third.

I kind of love this idea actually.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

I had to dig around for it. It wasn't anywhere on the front page for some reason. Same thing happened when Netflix released Rogue One.

It was like the huge featured item for me.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

New WHAS is loving hilarious.

e: well, first 5 ep at least.. haven't finished yet

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Papa John Misty posted:

WHAS: Ten Years Later is so loving good

Yeah, I finished it this morning and loved it so much. I'd rank it above first day of camp.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Rough Lobster posted:

Yeah I remember when those bastard terrorists teleported into the Twin Towers inside lightning. No one saw it coming.

No no no, the terrorists were already in the Twin Towers the lightning just woke them up.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Michael Corleone posted:

Huh, I watched WHAS First Day of Camp and was going to watch the movies then the new series. The movie isn't on Netflix like I assumed. I have Prime if it is on there, otherwise can you watch the 10 Years Later show w/o having seen the movie, anything I need to know?

I'd imagine First Day of Camp would be harder to follow without seeing the movie than 10 Years Later. If you enjoyed First Day then I'd say go ahead and watch the new series.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

but now I have nothing to watch. I did really like The People v. O.J. Simpson
I've never seen Making a Murderer and pretty much blocked out the cultural osmosis of it so I guess I should maybe just finally watch that.

Check out The Jinx too if you have HBO and haven't seen it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I guess that sounded mean. I should say they just looked like regular kids and not like weirdo clones popped out of Nick Studios.

Alexander Payne is from Nebraska and loves casting weird looking mid-westerners in his projects.

Source: I am a weird looking mid-westerner

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I saw Good Will Hunting on HBO go the other night and now I'm on a bit of a Matt Damon kick. Are there any good/kind of forgotten Damon movies out there in the streaming world? I've never seen "rainmaker" (which he started in before GWH) and I've found it to be well acted/cast but a bit plodding.

Talented Mr. Ripley was good, not sure if it's streaming anywhere though.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Paper Kaiju posted:

I'm not sure what's weirder; the premise, or that no one on the localization team thought that maybe "Father of Light" sounded less stupid.

Yeah, but that doesn't quite convey the gross incest vibe they were going for.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Got around to watching We Need to Talk About Kevin on Netflix, and hot drat that is one gut punch of a movie. Tilda Swinton and Ezra Miller both had incredible performances.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

fishtobaskets posted:

As a brand new dad, the premise of We need to talk about Kevin scares the poo poo out of me. The first 30 minutes of that movie are so unnerving.

It was way scarier to me than The Babadook which had pretty similar themes.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

However, teasing season 2 as being about "the occult history of the post office" and then not delivering is a hanging crime.

Whoa, I must have missed that. What's the story there?

I liked S2 well enough, but I'm in the 3% of the populace that can tolerate Vince Vaughn.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The live tv package with Hulu is a great value for the channels you get, but the interface is so so terrible. I'd have to spend almost $30 more to get the same channels I need with DirecTV, and I'm halfway considering it to get away from that interface.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

morestuff posted:

Any reason Sling isn't an option? Its interface is the best of any I've tried, and it's got a few more options if you want to pick and choose

They don't have BTN, it's the only thing holding me back.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

wa27 posted:

Playstation Vue is an option. Probably $10-$20 more expensive than hulu though, especially if you're counting the free standard hulu subscription as part of that value.

I like the Vue interface on PS4, but I imagine the performance would be lacking on Roku or whatever.

Yeah I might have to give that another shot. I did the trial when it first came out and wasn't too impressed, but my expectations have lowered considerably since then.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

Apparently Amazon Prime has had the original Invaders From Mars up for a while now, which is interesting because it hasn't been in print on DVD for a while (long enough that the DVD is now quite pricey.) It's not the best print, but it is at least the original short version instead of the ludicrously padded cut.

I really enjoy the 86 version too, and it was streaming a month or so back but now I can't find it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I love sci fi, but I just can't stand Seth McFarlane. I had to turn the first episode off after about 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

River's Edge is pretty great, but something about Joshua Miller weirds me out in everything I see him in.