Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I cancelled a few months back, but just signed up for the .99/month plan. My account that I had just cancelled was only eligible for a discount down to 5.99/mo but an older one that had been inactive for a year or more was eligible for the .99 one. Also of note, upgrading to commercial free bumps it up to the full price, was kinda hoping you'd be able to just pay the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

It was pretty uneven overall, but I enjoyed the first season of Future Man on Hulu quite a bit. Derek Wilson as Wolf in particular is amazing, I really wish we could get an 80s spinoff show featuring him.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Tagichatn posted:

Awesome, I'm glad it's almost here. I'll second how hilarious this show is but it definitely takes a while to ramp up. Certainly Wolf doesn't start out as the best character but he was my favorite by the end.

I freaking love that Wolf speaks in Na'vi when things get emotional.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Speaking of Seth MacFarlane on Hulu, I'm not really a fan but caught a bit of The Orville after a football game and thought it was decent. I'm about halfway through s1 now and am really enjoying this.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

david_a posted:

Yeah I started watching it too. It’s not nearly as jokey as I thought it would be. The setting is basically a perfectly straight Star Trek clone. The humor so far is just a few quips here and there.

If you really wanted a TNG Season 8, here you go. McFarlane really seems like a genuine fan.

Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be more of a spoof of Star Trek but it's actually a loving homage with some light jokes.

was also really surprised to see LIAM NEESONS and Charlize Theron pop up in a few episodes

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I mean, they did the same thing with Infinity War it's not exactly a run at Solo.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

precision posted:

The Hulu documentary about the Fyre festival is great (Fyre Fraud)

About halfway through now and can definitely agree.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Frog Act posted:

I’ve skipped it because I have a really hard time imagining how a show about a manly white guy CIA agent working against dastardly Iran could be anything but jingoistic poo poo

How does it distinguish itself with such a suspiciously bad premise

Good thing that's not what the show is about then!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Crows Turn Off posted:

On US Amazon Prime, Eighth Grade is a great flick. Written and directed by Bo Burnham. You wouldn't think it's his directorial debut. It's well-acted, especially the main actress, it has great direction and cinematography, just overall a well-made film. Watched it a couple days ago, highly recommended.

It really is fantastic. I'm a man in my 40s but it really made me feel my middle school years in a way that no other media has managed, while at the same time highlighting how different things are for kids today.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Honestly I think the commercials are better now than they were a year or so back when I last had it. I upgraded to commercial-free after a day or so back then, but I haven't been pushed to that yet this time.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

Hulu lets me pay $6 a month for some reason, so I'm perfectly content with the commercials. Commercials never really bothered me in TV the way it did with my dad. I mean my parents will Tevo Survivor on and watch something else for 20 minutes so that they can fast forward through the commercials.

poo poo, I do that with most sports now if I'm not watching with other people. Start recording and switch over after 30 min or so.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I thought it was funny too, but calling it a John C Reilly movie really does a disservice to Aubrey Plaza, Alison Brie and Kate Micucci.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Mammal Sauce posted:

If there are any other goons who have skipped The Shield for whatever reason, go to Hulu and start a marathon. I'm halfway through season 2 and it's the best thing I've watched since The Wire.

I've known of the show, but at some point I got it in my head it was originally on one of the big three and assumed it would be a watered-down poo poo fest. Luckily, I finally gave it a whirl and discovered how wrong I was.

You know, this is me and I should probably get around to that at some point.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Keith Atherton posted:

I just watched and enjoyed the Bill Murray Stories documentary on Netflix

Same, if you at all enjoy hearing about the random encounters Bill Murray has with fans you'll enjoy this doc.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

Violence you can find all over the place yea, but sex and language I think is rarer today and getting more rare as time goes by. The big networks are kinda all-in on certain demographics. Especially nudity, for a while in the late 90's it seemed like we were headed towards a more relaxed attitude towards nudity but it's gone the other way in recent years.

Janet Jackson's nipple at the Super Bowl was the turning point.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I said come in! posted:

In the silly Star Wars thread, there was talk about Alec Guinness and other roles he has done outside of Star Wars, and I was wondering if any of his movies that are worth watching are on Netflix or Amazon Prime?

I absolutely love The Lavender Hill Mob, but it looks like it's only available as an itunes rental right now.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

redreader posted:

Jesus christ I'm watching that soon and your spoiler tag didn't work

It's a spoiler for sure, but that does happen within the first 10min or so of the movie so not quite as terrible.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Speaking of the 80s and 90s I couldn't help but hate watch all of Slobby's World like some other posters here. It's really something to behold.

if you want to watch a giant, sweaty toddler haggle 23 year old hipsters over $80 Stone Cold Steve Austin T Shirts, or spray paint people's shoes to look like super mario with a raccoon tail hanging off the back, then watch the customer pretend like what they just bought was cool. Look no further. It's kind of amazing.

Hah, that showed up in my suggestions and I only managed to make it about 10 seconds past the intro before bailing.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

^^ beaten by an edit! ^^

The plot doesn't involve saving the universe, galaxy, planet or even city really so in that way it transcends most of the others. If you enjoyed the first you'll enjoy this, but it's still a Marvel movie at heart.

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 3, 2019

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

If anyone has a Fire they use for streaming, the new IMDB Freedive channel is pretty decent. Not a huge selection yet, but some stuff I haven't seen on other services, and it's free w/ integrated ads. Hopefully they roll it out to non-Fire devices too at some point.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Stop Making Sense is the best drat concert film of all time, on Amazon Prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Wow, you guys really weren't kidding about how enragingly stupid the parents in Abducted in Plain Sight are.