Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
I get on a foreign film kick sometimes and several months back watched several Korean films.

I absolutely love:

Masquerade: 'In this operatic costume drama, a temperamental king conscripts an actor to replace him when he is seized by nightmares of assassination attempts.'

New World: 'A conflicted undercover cop is ordered by his possibly corrupt boss to help influence the election of a new leader of Korea's largest crime syndicate.'

New World was a lot of fun and I wish I could find more movies like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Anonymous Robot posted:

Tell me more about Masquerade? I just took it off my list because I wasn't sure I wanted to sink quite that much time into a movie I really have no idea about.

Basically, it's a prince and the pauper story and the pauper character is very fun and cheeky. I was enthralled the whole time and the bodyguard guy and the councilor are fantastic characters. Seriously worth a watch.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Samfucius posted:

I don't think it has been posted in this thread yet, so if you all haven't been watching the 30 for 30's on Netflix, get on it. You absolutely do not have to be a sports person, almost all of them are really fascinating stories in their own right that just so happen to involve sports. I care about Oregon Duck football and pretty much nothing else in all of sports, and I have loved every one I have watched.

If you get overwhelmed by the number of options, I highly recommend The U, June 17 1994, Survive and Advance, and The Two Escobars. Seriously though, I have yet to see a bad one and some have made me tear up.

Little Big Men is another good 30 for 30 about the little league championship in the early 1980s and how hosed up parents, etc. were to those kids.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Hahaha, just rewatched New World. God drat do I love korean movie fight scenes and their bloody aftermaths.

The Man From Nowhere is another good one.

Dead Precedents fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 22, 2015