Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Episode 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I'm all hyped for Velvet Buzzsaw and figured now would be a good time to finally watch Nightcrawler, only to discover it's no longer streaming on Netflix or Prime. Or anywhere else I can see. I guess I could shell out an extra $4 to rent it on prime or whatever. I should probably watch all the movies I have in my various queues instead of just thinking about watching them. Especially when it comes to Netflix.

Maybe I'll watch Enemy instead. I'm pretty sure that's been on my Netflix list for like 3 years at this point. I just need some Jake G right now.

Watch them both. They are both great. Do not skip night crawler though. It’s so good.

I bought the blu ray to watch before velvet buzzsaw comes out. It was dirt cheap I think like 6 bucks on prime.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really enjoyed Velvet Buzzsaw. Definitely wasn’t Night Crawler tier but it was an enjoyable, goofy little horror film.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

magiccarpet posted:

Velvet Buzzsaw is a movie they released after the first rough cut. What a waste.

I don't agree with that. Is there a reason you think that, or is just what we are saying about everything Netflix puts out now? I thought it was really entertaining and paced well. It certainly doesn't suffer from the issues Hold The Dark, Apostle, or Mute did.

Basically I think if you go in expecting biting satire or surreal psychological horror, you'll be disappointed. If you go in expecting a more stylish Final Destination, propped up by some really great actors it's pretty ace. Jake G continues to be excellent. Morf is a great character. Also really loving Toni Collette right now.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 3, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m watching GG Allin all in the family. And the part where a fan pisses on his grave and Merle Allin makes him clean him up with a shirt, then breaks a guitar on his head is one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have no idea why people hate on Hulu anyways. It's a good service that is well worth the price. There is an absolute fuckton of content and it's the only streaming service where you can actually keep up to date on TV shows. No Ads is the same price as netflix and cheaper than HBO which has like 1% of the content of Hulu.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Hulu is really, aggressively anti-adblock and much harder to circumvent than most sites.

Then just pay the 12 bux a month? Not being able to game the system seems like a really weird complaint to me. If no ads cost more than other streaming services maybe I'd sympathize but it doesn't.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah their UI took a huge dump a while back. It's perfectly manageable though once you get used to it. It's not like a single streaming service has a UI that isn't crap anyways.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Spring is on Shudder if nothing else.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I actually think I enjoyed Resolution more than The Endless. Watched resolution first though. Spring is the best of the three for sure.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Put me in the pile people who really enjoyed Russian Doll. great ending.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well, you missed out on a lot of good character development then. Nadia being a kind of unlikable narcissistic hipster is actually pretty fundamental to the story tbh.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I started watching Pen15 on Hulu as background noise while I worked on something, but actually ended up quite liking it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

plz dont pull out posted:

Yeah I really enjoyed it. Brought me back in a lot of ways

It's a really (sometimes horrifically) relatable take on what it felt like to be an awkward middle schooler with your BFF. It totally nails how weird and insane middle schoolers are.

It's super bizarre how much the leads both manage to pass off as 7th graders and also look like 30 year old lol.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Abducted in plain sight is loving insane. I feel bad for the parents, but...surely they must be some of the dumbest people on earth.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Never mind I don't feel bad for the parents in Abducted in plain sight. Being this stupid and selfish is complicit in what happened.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

old.flv posted:

I finished it and I just cannot understand how any of these people are even capable of breathing

"At first I was like no way, you've been molesting my kids for years, and then he looked at me and winked and I was like. ohh allright, but only this time"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

precision posted:

Oh my god the AOL instant messenger episode of PEN15

Oh my goddddddd

Just watched this one and it's pretty great.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Uh, yeah. It's probably the best one.

Also tell your friends not too be so fragile lol. and the dog doesn't even die

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Y’all missed out on the alien invasion, complete with voice modulators and faked alien abduction, the girl getting kidnapped twice and then after that her parents voluntarily letting her go stay with the kidnapper amongst other things.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Finished Pen15 and that was so much better than I’d ever have imagined.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

All of Yorgos Lanthimos movies are pretty mean spirited. I liked Dogtooth and Killing of a Sacred Deer quite a bit, but I just couldn't get into the Lobster. I didn't hate it but I just kept getting bored with it and zoning out.

I was a super bowl party and ended up buddying up with some older gay couple who were equally disinterred in football as me, and we talked about movies in the corner most of the game. At one point the most suburban woman I've ever seen in her late 60's yelled across the room "what movie are you talking about?!" and the guy I was talking to said "The Lobster" and she goes "I watched that! I loved it!". We all kind of just looked at each other in shock and said guy was like " I never would have guessed you'd watch something like that Mary" and she was like "Yup! don't assume things" It was pretty hilarious.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I cannot remember a single thing about the Monster other than that they were stuck in a car or something. It's one of those movies that immediately left my brain the second the credits rolled.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

HBO made a serialized documentary about the podcast Serial and I think we have come full circle with this long form true crime poo poo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone watching Dangerous World of Comedy with Larry Charles?

I kind of wish I could go back to not knowing who General Butt Naked was :stare: or do I? I don't know.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

his mention of the 'humorous' things they did in the war was :yikes:

There are a lot of things he said that were sort of hilarious in the darkest, most hosed up possible way. Like, he felt bad and turned to jesus because he didn't want to kill the last toddler he murdered, but only because the kid was cute and clean so he wanted to find a less desirable kid to hack open with an axe and eat alive (he didn't mention how they did it, but I read up on him a bit last night). Of course when he couldn't find one he still killed Then he goes on to talk about how he likes to watch Kids Say the Darndest things. or the part where he goes up to the guy who's legs he cut off and is aggressively and antagonistically is like "hey! Brother forgive me. You have to forgive me!"

I literally cannot believe that guy is just walking around like its nothing after committing some of the worst atrocities I've ever heard of. because he "found Jesus. How the gently caress he is not dead or rotting in jail somewhere is beyond me. But I guess that kind of stuff isn't that uncommon. Remind me of the guys from "The Act of Killing" a lot.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 1, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

it feels like a mixed bag. Some of it is really good, but sometimes it just totally loses focus, and I could really do without the constant old TV shows edited in, which makes it feel like a youtube video sometimes.

Also Baked Alaska is seriously the dumbest person on earth. I'm glad he was included though lol. I like laughing at him.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Haha wow Treehouse on Hulu is like the worst "horror" movie I have ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

After having climate change come up at dinner with my parents last night, I think I'm gonna have to put that flat earth doc on hold. It's gonna be too frustrating to watch lol. When people want to believe something really stupid, no amount of proof will ever sway them. It's just a religious belief at that point.