Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Watch Paris is Burning if you are even remotely interested in documentaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse

Chichevache posted:

I'm looking for an Irish crime or action film. Dark and violent is preferable. I'm hoping for something in the vein of The Wind That Shakes the Barley or The Departed. American Irish, anything Boston, is acceptable as well.
The Friends of Eddie Coyle is the correct answer here. I don't know if it's streaming anywhere but just find it and watch it any way possible.

Read the book while you're at it.

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Can anyone recommend some good documentaries about film/cinema? I've seen The Story of Film: An Odyssey and What is Cinema? Both were fantastic for broadening my horizons on the subject and I'm looking for more like them.
Los Angeles Plays Itself (WATCH THIS NOW)
The Pervert's Guide to Cinema
A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies
Z Channel: A Magnificent Obsession

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

morestuff posted:

Two Days, One Night is up on Netflix, it's pretty terrific.
Seconding this. If you liked it also watch The Kid with a Bike, the Dardennes' previous film.

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

K. Waste posted:

Girlhood is stupendous and my new favorite movie from 2014.
It's fantastic for sure. Celine Sciamma's previous movie Tomboy is also on Netflix so be sure to watch that.

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

Snake Eyes is a misunderstood masterpiece.

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

A bunch of stuff is expiring from Netflix on July 1st including The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance so watch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

I never expected this but all 13 hours of Jacques Rivette's OUT 1 is on Netflix. Let the binge watching commence.