Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Dunno what this chap is - it's called a "Panion"

So panther plus lion then. Which actually doesn't answer anything, since North American panthers are actually just cougars, South American panthers are jaguar, and panthers everywhere else are leopards.

Basically somebody got really lazy when naming big cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Catpain Slack posted:

I don't quite get this, is making these hosed up supercats a thing now? I mean, it has to be done on purpose, I doubt they keep lions and tigers locked up in the same space.

Actually that's the most common reason, lion and tiger habitats being placed too close together allowing horny cats to get their cross species bang on.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Alabaster White posted:

Doesn't "polemical agility" entirely mean he's a total rear end in a top hat who immediately resorts to overly harsh criticism, and nothing else?

Yeah, it's not something most people would put on a cover blurb, because that's more of an insult than a compliment. But what do I know, I'm apparently a dirty pinko commie in his opinion.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

InequalityGodzilla posted:

The real joke is his reading comprehension.

Yep, that particular combination of logos is also completely impossible unless Kevin Siembada were to die and then Hasbro went on a highly unlikely buying spree.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

beato posted:

Wait... I thought it was just for the funny pic. Is it actually a thing, or were you just staying in unfortunate accommodation? I don't know what to believe any more. Do they even have toilet paper in America?

Americans drink COFFEE, which comes from a machine, either in their kitchen, or at a Starbucks. I can't remember the last time I saw a kettle.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Heat water yourself? Like some kind of animal? No, you put water in the coffee maker and it does the heating. Basic coffee maker is like :10bux:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

BonHair posted:

Didn't he pick the drat frame himself? I have never heard of optically challenged people who didn't pick their own frames.

Yeah and sometimes the sample frames don't look exactly the same as the ones you get, but there's no reason to be an entitled dick and tell the office you're going to commit insurance fraud.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SLOSifl posted:

I love that they believed in the M2 enough to put it in the header. Did that thing even make it to launch?

No, it didn't.

It was close though. The hardware was apparently feature complete since Konami ended up using it as an arcade board for a short period and dev kits did go out. In the long run though it wouldn't have succeeded anyway unless it had an insanely killer game, since the original Playstation and N64 were sitting really strong on the market at the time.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CobiWann posted:

Stage 3...Stage 3 atheist?

What the hell are these stages? Stage 1 - "Well, I don't believe in God, but I still go to church on Sundays to hedge my bets."

Only if it's this church
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNoQ5NY7Z_8

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well even Corduroy the world's oldest living cat isn't old enough to actually run for president. A 35 year old cat would be loving ancient.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

cash crab posted:

i'm going for a theme

Wait, would this be karate for elves or to fight elves?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sinners Sandwich posted:

There going to find a undiscovered tribe of people in the alphs somewhere and helicoptors will come in with all the youtube community prepared with cat videos

Actually we already know about quite a few tribes of people who have little to no contact with the outside world, most of them are protected by the governments of the regions they inhabit, and in the case of the people of North Sentinel Island, by their own violent brand of xenophobia.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Chard posted:

At least NeoShaggy's vaping habit is less damaging to his health.

Yeah about that... the jury is still out.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

MizPiz posted:

This is where science has gone to far.

Science? Nah, it took centuries of selective breeding to do that. A big black cock is lucky in some countries, you see :v:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Parrotine posted:

This doesn't really work, does it? :ohdear:

:thejoke:

Electrons are tiny, far smaller than any kink in a cable.

If you actually managed to cut off the flow all you've done is ruin a perfectly good cable by cutting through your conductor with your insulation.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tiggum posted:

IIRC it's the one where there are these women who have the power to touch someone and have them turn into a mindlessly obedient slave forever, and they use that power in place of the death penalty because if you're innocent then at least you can have your name cleared because you can't lie any more once you've been lobotomised, so they ask you if you did it and you tell the truth. Also, they can normally control the power, but not during sex, but they can't be celibate because the power is hereditary so they need to lobotomise some men to have sex with so they don't die off. Oh, and they have their lobotomised husbands kill all their male children because if any man had this power they'd abuse it, only women can be trusted with it.

Yes but that's not where the BDSM comes in. The bad guy in the first book keeps an army of dominatrix who wield pain dildos.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yes the forums records your regdate and time from my understanding, so depending on when you registered you may show up as different days depending on the user's timezone.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

How did you manage to screenshot one of my recurring nightmares?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Those horse masks are getting... oh.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Huh. I thought "Wow, that's a weird photoshop" and did a reverse google image search and NOPE, not a photoshop at all.

Ash vs Evil Dead had a weird first season.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Of course it stays weird. Although it does, for better or worse, pretend that Army of Darkness didn't happen.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Snatch Duster posted:

it is. its intellectual masturbation and nothing more

Everything is pointless, life is a random firing of electrical and chemical bonds with no meaning behind it and the vast empty universe cares not whether you live or die as the concept of 'caring' is something invented to rationalize hormones released to change behavior to ensure the viability of offspring.

In shorter words, shut the gently caress up.

Here is a goat

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ubergnu posted:

That moment when you realise that every old, crusty gone mental SciFi writer was still better than you.

Ok, maybe not Heinlein.

I don't know, a sex-crazed AI seems right in Heinlein's wheelhouse.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Snapchat A Titty posted:

If they keep seeding AI with the internet, it's just gonna be really into gamergate, racism, and pokemon.

Well so far seeding AI with the internet has gotten us an AI that wants to watch cat videos all day, one obsessed with dogs to a schizophrenic degree, and a racist sex-crazed chatterbox.

I don't think we have anything to worry about AI destroying humanity, they keep coming out completely dysfunctional.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

veedubfreak posted:

That almost seems intentional. Even has the ring.

He confirmed it was.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why the gently caress are the heads always upside down? Is it because the top jaw opens instead of the bottom jaw so their imaginations just couldn't figure it out?

Pretty much, yes. These drawings are always at least second hand, usually third or fourth from the source.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Used to have a cat that would do that. Something about that spot stimulates their brains in weird ways.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

mds2 posted:

How did this happen.

Researching this raises further questions

wikipedia posted:

The shooting of the music video "Hearts on Fire" by director Roger Johansson was scheduled for August of that year. The band's plans, however, had to be held back for a week due to an incident that occurred one night. While Joacim was drinking with his girlfriend in a rock club he had been frequenting for over a decade, he was attacked by an unidentified person who hit him in the head with a beer glass and hastily escaped. Joacim instantly lost consciousness and had to be taken to a hospital, in which he underwent plastic surgery and rested for a couple of days. As soon as it became medically possible, he joined the band to record the music video.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's a pantsless person near the top of the image.

Edit: two actually, I only saw the one getting a bj at first.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Appears to be a skate shop.

e:fb

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Turns out we're fired because nobody is getting their mail.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ol qwerty bastard posted:

The most important thing to remember if you encounter a vogan is to never let it read you any poetry.

That's vogon but considering what we've seen it probably still applies here too.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Loss edits are getting so drat abstract these days.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Indecisive posted:

I don't really keep up on my Backstreet boys, was he the gay one

NSYNC and yes, he was the gay one.

Zimbabwe's money at the time of the printing of that bill was worth about $0.40 for that one note due to hyperinflation. Essentially the government was both super corrupt, and super incompetent. These days they just use US money.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Spectral Debt posted:

What is the source for the music and to be continued, see a couple ~memes~ like this but I don't know what it means.

The music is the song Roundabout, and the meme is anime, an anime called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That looks disgusting but it just gave me a terrible idea. Pasta fountain

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Deteriorata posted:

Now I'm obsessed with figuring out how to pump pasta around without damaging it.

Same here. You probably couldn't do spaghetti noodles because they're too long, and a lot of other ones are also out because of shape.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Scathach posted:

I can promise you that's a chicken (a really jerk, lazy chicken) but I totally understand goons that didn't grow up on farms. It's okay to be chicken-illitrate.

Here, have some space chickens.

FANCY CHICKENS :neckbeard:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Parent's Guide: The movie is called Antfarm Dickhole, seriously do not let your children watch this terrible piece of cinema.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm betting superbacteria.

• Locked thread