Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Efexeye posted:

It's A/B testing which headline gets a higher clickthrough rate.
They seem to keep the original headline up for 1-2 days and then switch to the other permanently, wouldn't that skew the numbers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Australia is the best country
Australia is expensive
Australia is part of asia

Melbourne is better than Sydney
Melbourne is design

Sydney is better than Melbourne
Sydney is getting a bacon festival

Perth is a hole
Perth is better than Melbourne
Perth is full of bogans

Brisbane is so boring
Brisbane is a ghost town
Brisbane is the ugliest city on the world

Adelaide is a hole
Adelaide is a backwater
Adelaide is taking a chance on me
Adelaide is better than Melbourne

Hobart is epic
Hobart is made by miller

Canberra is a hole
Canberra is cool
Canberra is known as the bush city

Darwin is considered the father of evolutionary biology
Darwin is wrong
Rock over London, rock on Chicago
Vegemite, a little taste of Australia

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Now find the cat.
Who throws away a perfectly good cat? :catstare:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

bunnielab posted:

Amazing and awful. Is joy division popular with kids these days or do they think it is just a cool looking shirt?
I was in London last year and saw Unknown Pleasures shirts everywhere in the tourist areas. Especially around Camden Lock Market - the streets are lined with stalls, every third is a shirt stall, and every one of those had them, usually between Heisenberg and Keep Calm. It was baffling. I was gonna pick one up when I spotted the first stall, by the third or fourth I thought, what's the point.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

kannonfodder posted:

maybe a veteran who is missing a leg
IED, diabetes, let's not split hairs here.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

Do you remember those days where your teachers decided that it was the day to watch a movie, but didn't tell you in advance?

Its because they were still drunk from the night before.
When one of our teachers went through a divorce we'd watch movies for weeks. He left us totally unsupervised as well, just put on the movie, retreat into a back room, and not always come back out when class was over. As time went on he'd just hand us the tape and tell us to watch it. One time I'd just gotten a movie back from a friend so we watched that instead. Not like we were learning anything anyway.

He had us do a legendary written exam in that period. Five questions, haphazardly scribbled on the sheet. Total don't-give-a-single-poo poo mode.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

Just needs to be set to this

Murphys Law posted:

I was thinking of this.
I don't get it :confused:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Only notable person I ever saw on the NYC subway was a dude rapping about Jesus. With no repetition for like eight stops so at least kind of impressive if he was improvising, but still, kind of disappointing.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

There are a ton of train musicians in Berlin. They do it for cash, which isn't allowed but apparently it's worth trying to get away with it, and they're also usually not very good or obviously just playing a simple tune over a backing track tape. I liked the people playing music in the subway stations in New York. They usually had some chops. Plus if they do annoy you you can go somewhere else!

Wanna see the Jesus lady meet the Jesus rap dude.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"No alteration of image is permitted" :v:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You'd think after the first or second time something like this happened, galleries and museums would have adopted a general policy of giving their cleaning staff a tour and pointing out the "not that" things.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Customer is unhappy with product you give him, offers to commit insurance fraud to pay for it, possibly making you complicit, nothing to flip your poo poo over!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That looks like you can barely walk under it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Still my favorite Ken M:

I love how he always follows up on his fishing attempts. He never lets a bite go un-hooked.
First one I ever saw, and yep, still my favorite too.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Somehow still recognizably Michael Keaton.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Someone red line it.
Draw your own tesseract. :colbert:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Check the sign in the background. Hate when stuff is in the wrong section.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

CzarChasm posted:

Black Swastika, in a white circle, on a red background. Congratulations. You found the hidden Nazi in this picture.
Difficulty increased!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Just imagine if that was all Earthbound, you'd be set for a while.

I appreciate this.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Son of Rodney posted:

So when does the series get good?
Pretty much with series 2. They completely turned it around for that and it remained that way until the end. Although I think the first episode of the series is still a bit wonky; if you don't like it by series 2, episode 3, give it up.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A man who never eats pork bung is never a whole man.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

When they dip into their more "serious" stuff, i.e. Lookouts, Sand, whatever that monster thing was this week, it's some of the worst stuff you will ever read. It's filled with so much overwrought gravitas and purple prose it just makes you want to puke.
They're usually completely incoherent as well. They're obviously trying to write those stories so the reader fills in the background details, but most of the time what's in the comics is like three steps derived from the setting details that only exist in their heads.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Those are much better Mad Max names than the generator comes up with.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What can he do, if he lets go of the cat the girl's gonna beat the poo poo out of him.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

syscall girl posted:

Kubrick actually did that to the actor didn't he? I mean of course he did.
McDowell scratched a cornea and the doctor with the eyedrops in that scene is an actual doctor.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Then you actually watch it and it's basically half an hour of nonstop dick jokes.
Look at you not watching the XL cut.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

CaptBushido posted:

Screenshots and clips of QI look fine and all but just about every good zinger joke looks so obviously scripted. Just everytime I see something from it I think "FAAAAKE"
As with a lot of shows, some things are scripted, some things are genuine spur of the moment. From what I remember reading it's not even so much that they script it as that they show panelists the questions in advance and let them come up with some funny answers. Usually those are the icebreaker for five minutes of banter but it's the Q/A format that tends to make it into gifs.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'm surprised Finland hasn't collapsed into anarchy because no one can actually communicate with anyone without accidentally making a pun, telling a dirty joke and insulting the other person all with the same phrase.
You're assuming the Finns talk to each other.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I keep seeing Gary Numan.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Turns out same-sex marriage in Fallout 2 really was just the start.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Long as we're :goonsay:ing over that MLP gif, it's really not so much a "transformation" as it is a "particle effect transitioning between two wildly different objects" even before you consider the quality of the CGI.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gonna dress as Jesus dressed as a screaming devil.

e: nope nevermind, gotta be crazy fairy Hitler.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

Mum abandoned me for a PAEDOPHILE!
Might be a blessing in disguise if you think about it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I knew a guy in school who'd move in on you like that. He was a huge metalhead and we all assumed he was just that used to concert speaking distance.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

Frozen Elsa Plv Surgery is a free game for girl to play online at MaFa.Com. You can play Frozen Elsa Plv Surgery in your browser for free. Queen Elsa had a heart attack , Now she needs a Partial Left Ventriculectomy .
What the gently caress

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I already miss Never Mind The Buzzcocks. :(

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The MSJ posted:

That's stupid. Fiddler crabs use their small claws for manipulating stuff. The large claw is for ritual fighting and picking up chicks.
Ritual fighting, ritual sacrifice, close enough.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's the most grown-up face I've ever seen on a child.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Get out of this body, Aatrek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"He can handle any problem" just makes me think of a typical Bollywood action movie protagonist, and the rest of the card doesn't do anything to dissuade me from that.

• Locked thread