Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Data Graham posted:

racial polymorphism

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love the tiny coffee table that turns into a tiny dining table. Perfect for the man who is classy, lonely, and cramped

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zzulu posted:

I have been to italy and their pizza was like everywhere else and the quality of it varied massively depending on where you ate it, like everywhere else

Italian Americans invented pizza, Italians started making American pizza when Americans went on vacation to Italy and expected pizza.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Circumcision debates get weird because it always involves saying somebody has a bad dick. No matter if you're pro or anti, you're saying the other side has bad dicks.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Picnic Princess posted:

What about those dudes who "clean" the baby dick with their mouths? That seems super wrong yet it still happens.

Jews?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Where does Vic Mackey fit in all of this? I've never actually seen The Shield but still

I had to doublecheck to see that Vic Mackey wasn't in there

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kwyndig posted:

Man, that's not even the best picture from that set.

This is

I tried that once when I was a little kid. The candle kept going out because there wasn't enough air getting in. Now they got little LEDs and poo poo you put in jack o lanterns instead of candles, so kids can do stuff like that

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Master Twig posted:

I'm secretly hoping that a recent event caused the need to quickly change the law.

Imagine if somebody killed a Basque and the prosecutors had to figure out what to do. "Can we say that when he pointed the gun at him before shooting, that counts as disorderly conduct? We've got him on the sound violation for sure, but that's just a fine!"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OK Some Butt Stuff posted:

How are you supposed to wear that

On a chain. That's what the loop coming out of Shrek's head is for

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

im pooping! posted:

honestly the best part is hes willingly ending his own family lineage

Life isn't just about passing on your genes. We can leave behind much more than just DNA.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

PCOS Bill posted:

That just looks like a normal house, buddy.

That is a terrible place to put a door

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

PCOS Bill posted:

The front door or the broom closet?

the broom closet. The door swings out in front of the fireplace. At least they can open the door all the way now that it won't hit the mantle anymore

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kwyndig posted:

I have never seen a prepackaged women's Halloween costume that wasn't "sexy" (even if it didn't say sexy in the name) and it makes me despair a little for mankind.

Nothing wrong with sexy

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

china bot posted:

the painfully lame & uncreative have turned Halloween into yet another "get drunk and gently caress" holiday aka Friday night in any big city

but some women are still in it to win it

That is the fictional character Britta from the TV show Community. She's not a real person

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krinkle posted:

What movie is that corpse puppet from I can't remember? American werewolf in london? Beetlejuice? Christ everything I can think of is wrong.
Edward scissorhands? GIS can't be right. I recognize this but I've never seen that movie. Drop dead fred? I'm out of guesses.

That's Winona Ryder, so Beetlejuice would be a good guess

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pick posted:

My first internet crazy was trying to find a website about dragons in like... 1998. I tried to just type in the URL, not knowing that there were two very similar sites only one or two letters apart. One was Draconology, which had things like drawings of dragon skeletons, and the other was Dragonology which was for people who thought they were dragons (or maybe it was vice versa, anyway). Luckily, at that particular fork in my life, I chose "make fun of people who think they are dragons" and not "hey, what if I am a dragon."

You know that at some point you're gonna have to fight Dragonology Timeline Pick, right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zzulu posted:

It sure is easy to fake funny picture

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who cares about the cat, I feel bad for that lizard who got his bath ruined

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

At different points in the show Negan has demanded fifty percent of your poo poo and all of your poo poo. Negan is a flip-flopper who can't keep his story straight.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Picnic Princess posted:

There's a little skeleton inside us all. Very inspiring.

I think there's like, at least three full size skeletons in me.

I'm on the left

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A smaller set of nuts which you hang off your nuts. Nutnuts.

No, you can get those already

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vietnamwees posted:

Gonna need some more context to the backstory of this comic panel.

How on earth does that panel not contain enough information for you?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sir Potato posted:

I'm pretty sure the only thing on this show that tops this was "Meow!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBzwv057GPs

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MisterBibs posted:

I watched it again because of TWR announcing they were going to it, and if you strip away the nostalgia it really doesn't hold up. The effects are funny, people die with everyone else saying :iiam: over it, plots exist without any narrative justification (how is blowing up a building going to keep things warm?), and an ending that even the makers wrote an alternative ending because they knew people would get depressed about.

You're completely wrong, The Thing completely holds up.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MisterBibs posted:

^ You mean the one that had a actual valid-looking Thing?

What the gently caress does "valid-looking" mean?

MisterBibs posted:

If anything, The Thing suffers from a lack of clues for most of its deaths. How did Fuchs die? It's a mystery. Who was the first to be assimilated? It's a mystery. Who got to the blood? It's a mystery. Too many out-of-the-blue unresolved mysteries are the epitome of bad writing.

That's stupid, not having all the information is incredibly important. You don't know who exactly is the Thing or when. It's like, the movie's whole dea.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MisterBibs posted:

So they proceed to blow up the building (but not all of them) to keep things warm, despite blowing up buildings making it colder.

This is going to sound like an insult, but it's really not. It's a serious question. Is English not your first language, or are you developmentally disabled in some way?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MisterBibs posted:

I'm just capable of not letting my nostalgia for a film absolve bad writing and/or creating bizarre readings of rather clear-cut dialogue (blow up building to make sure monster can't freeze) accordingly. It's a skill, I suppose.

Yes, they're gonna make sure the monster can't freeze by killing it in an explosion. That's their plan. Your interpretation doesn't make any sense. You've created a bizarre, nonsensical reading of a very obvious piece of dialogue, and then attacked it for not making sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are two options, either MisterBibs misinterpreted a line of dialogue in a movie, or there's a vast conspiracy of people who are openly lying to propagate the absurd myth that The Thing is a good movie, and only MisterBibs is honest enough to speak the truth

• Locked thread