Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Random Stranger posted:

Someone warn 'n Play that he might be kidnapped by North Korea spies in the near future.

The North Korean reboot of House Party is gonna be crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

I've seen this ad a couple of times before but only now noticed that they offer a 30 day trial period; that's gotta be a fun call to make.

"Hello, I need to talk to someone about getting an RA number for this device that I've been stuffing up my rear end for the past month?"

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Zopotantor posted:

"Here's your number, when we receive it we'll package it up as is and send it to the next sucker. Just as we did when you bought it."

Unless they were just pulling the "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels" dildo scam the whole time.

quote:

You take out an advert in the back page of some gay mag, advertising the latest in arse-intruding dildos. You sell it with, I dunno, "does what no other dildo can do until now", "the latest and greatest in sexual technology", "guaranteed results or your money back", all that bollocks. Now, these dils cost twenty-five quid a pop. That's a snip for the amount of pleasure they're gonna give the recipients. But they send their cheques to the other company name – nothing offensive, er, "Bobbie's Bits" or something – for twenty-five quid. You take that twenty-five quid, you stick it in the bank until it clears. Now, this is the smart bit. You send back the cheque for twenty-five pound from the other company name, "Arse Tickler's Faggots Fan Club", saying we're sorry, we couldn't get the supplies from America because they ran out of stock. Now, you see how many people cash that cheque: not a single soul, because who wants their bank manager to know they tickle arse when they're not paying cheques?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
"An old man wearing a full New York Knicks sweatsuit was terrorizing straphangers on the subway with a gigantic dildo last weekend."

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

That woman looks like this doesn't even crack the top 100 weirdest things she's seen in the subway.

She really looks like she did not give one single gently caress:

I think most of us are just so used to seeing bizarre poo poo happen on the subway that unless someone's waving a gun or a knife around (or masturbating) we just aren't even going to notice it. There was one night I was going home from work and a dude got on wearing jorts, a chain mail shirt (with nothing underneath) and a long sword strapped to his waist. Just stood there from 42nd street all the way to Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn, with everyone on the car either quietly laughing or looking at him like :stare:. poo poo like that really is great, if only for that moment when you look at the person next to or across from you and instead of the usual 'avoid eye contact at all costs!' you actually share a smile or a laugh with that perfect stranger over whatever insane poo poo is happening a couple of feet away from you both.

I love riding the subway.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Stringbean posted:

Literally one of the things I miss the most since moving to the suburbs.

There's always some sort of "entertainment" on the subways. Acrobatics, music, awkward folks, angry folks, etc. On my daughters 3rd birthday, we were riding the A to Union from Mercer and there was a full blown Mariachi band playing in our car.

I haven't seen one of those for a while now, but they were a pretty regular thing on a bunch of different lines for a few years. As annoying as it was to have a full blown Mariachi band blasting away in a cramped subway car, if I was having a poo poo day it almost always lifted my mood a little bit. They're just so goddamn cheerful that you can't help but smile. At least until they give you a headache, anyway.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Flipperwaldt posted:

Just saw this in the Belgian news:
Translation from Dutch mine.

Does it make me a terrible person that if I was lucky enough to find a gold bar while swimming/diving I probably wouldn't turn it in to police? I mean, if someone dropped a gold bar in a lake and couldn't be bothered to retrieve it then I'd say they probably don't want it.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
That is a thing of beauty.

E:

Soulex posted:

(and it's not altered)

Sadly, it is.

the future is WOW has a new favorite as of 21:08 on Oct 7, 2015

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

dialhforhero posted:

2.) Is this dude trying to say that everyone in New York is literally like Hitler?

Not only was there a large immigrant population, like Snapchat A Titty said, but there was a pretty substantial German immigrant population at the time as well. So shave off his mustache, change his haircut and maybe start wearing a hat in public and he'd blend in nicely.

Well, that and we've always had a fairly large amount of assholes here so that would probably help too.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

I can't stop laughing at his little face peeking out from behind her giant rear end, all wide eyed and full of wonder.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Picnic Princess posted:

Time's sure have changed. In my first years of elementary, corporal punishment was still used. Getting sent to the principal's office meant your were getting the belt. It was outlawed at the time provincially, but this was a small hick town and the government don't tell them what to do.

My first grade teacher would spank us when we misbehaved. And not some half rear end over the pants kind of spanking, it was full on drop your pants and put you over her knee spanking (occasionally with a ruler).

This was in a New York City public school.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

RFC2324 posted:

Off topic, but dazzle camo is the best camo.

I feel like this ship would dock and discharge a horrifying army of clowns.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I like how Boston migrated a few miles out into the Atlantic.

bunnyofdoom posted:

It put toronto into Lake Ontario. I am ok with this/

That looks more like Lake Michigan.

the future is WOW has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Dec 21, 2015

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Nastyman posted:

Looking forward to the upcoming book "Pounded in the butt by the inexplicable parodic fanart of my previous works."

"By KC Green"

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Well it's a good thing you're here to repost stuff from a previous page then.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
You guys are mostly mentioning parodies though, I'm pretty sure Eschers Basement means films that try to replicate something like "The Room" on purpose but just end up plain bad instead of "so bad it's good". And I agree, I don't think anything like that really works without the influence of some kind of eccentric director or producer that thinks he's truly making an unironic masterpiece.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

whiteyfats posted:

Suspiciously specific denial right there.

Rickman was awesome in Prince of Thieves, but I'm one of five people that like that movie.

That was the second highest grossing movie of 1991, shitloads of people like that movie. And you sure as hell couldn't get away from that loving Brian Adams song no matter how hard you tried.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

whiteyfats posted:

I had no idea it did that well in the theaters.

Can't really blame you for that, it's been 25 years so I really doubt there's a huge rabid fan base for it at this point. At the time though you couldn't go 10 mins without seeing or hearing something related to the film. Costner had good 10 years or so where he could do no wrong, but Waterworld took care of that pretty well.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Anosmoman posted:

And then The Postman turned him into a punchline for a good while.

Oh man, I totally forgot about that hunk of poo poo. I'd say that's probably for a good reason but I can't actually remember anything about it other than that I saw it at some point in time.

And since I haven't had any pictures in my last few posts here are some tweets from a retarded person:

I'd like to think she's joking around but I just can't tell anymore.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I mean it's good she can make fun of herself like in that Robot Chicken sketch, but then you get stuff like this:

Tila on Hitler posted:

"He was not a bad person as they have painted him out to be. Not even close!!!" she writes. "Here is a man who was not a coward, stood up for his country in a DESPERATE TIME OF NEED (unlike all of our cowardly leaders), and yet not only did he try his best to help his country and people get out of what was a time of depression, economic collapse, high unemployment, amongst many other things… he lost the war AND was painted out to be a monster after his death. This is what breaks my heart. "

"Hitler was a good man and it takes some loving balls for someone to say this out loud this day and age, especially for a public figure like myself, but you know what? SOMEONE NEEDS TO SPEAK THE TRUTH WITHOUT FEAR! Otherwise the dark cabal who currently control the world and all of the world bankers will continue to feed you their lies, feed off your emotions, take advantage of your emotions and will continue to keep you THEIR SLAVE!"

"AMERICA IS FALLING AT THE MOMENT YET I DO NOT SEE ANYONE IN OFFICE *AHEM* THAT IS BRAVE ENOUGH TO SAVE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE LIKE HITLER WAS WILLING TO SAVE THE GERMAN PEOPLE! God knows Americans sure do need a TRUE HERO right now but as long as we are still living in a nation that is still stuffing their faces with GMO, Still asleep watching crap TV, still getting brainwashed by media, still being poisoned and not giving a gently caress. I highly doubt any President here would give a gently caress about saving our country either. ONLY WE CAN SAVE OURSELVES NOW OR BRING IN A NEW LEADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should just run for office for gently caress's sake!"

So yeah, I don't really know what to think of her other than that she's bugfuck crazy.

E:

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Didn't she suffer some kind of brain damage a couple of years ago?

That would certainly explain a lot. I don't remember hearing about anything like that other than the time the crowd at the Gathering of the Juggalos spent the entire time she was on stage throwing poo poo at her (literal poo poo from the port-a-potties, not just random trash) and then rolled over her trailer with her in it or something crazy like that.

the future is WOW has a new favorite as of 08:30 on Jan 15, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Wiki said she hair a brain aneurysm in 2013, so that might be what I was thinking of.

poo poo, yeah, apparently she had an aneurysm so I guess that could explain some of the insanity. It all seems a little more sad than funny in that case.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Hyperlynx posted:

John Cage, the guy who brought the world 4'33, a score with nothing in it, played for four minutes and 33 seconds. Not even joking.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Wait... loving what?!? He used a different song, I'm guessing as a joke, it got muted, then unmuted, and now he says the joke doesn't work because he achieved his original outcome???

Or he put a different song in there and muted it on purpose, which got the notice, then the song got unmuted, but why would he use that other song at all, and :psyduck:

Is my reading comprehension that far off?

It sounds like he purposely used a song that would get muted and give him the notice in order to make the joke. I'm guessing he had to use something, since whatever algorithm YouTube uses to detect copyright-infringing audio probably wouldn't work with silence; as long as it got the job done I don't think it really matters what music he actually used.

E: and now that their copyright policy has changed, they unmuted the audio and ruined the joke.

the future is WOW has a new favorite as of 03:31 on Feb 18, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

I stared at that way too long before I realized someone was just holding up a cutout and it wasn't a photoshop.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

A shameful pizza. Unevenly cut, only 6-3/4 pieces of pepperoni, and those not evenly distributed.

A veritable miscarriage of pizza making.

E:

Serperoth posted:

Man, the Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas remake is going in some weird directions.

the future is WOW has a new favorite as of 00:26 on Mar 27, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Chinaman7000 posted:

Don't know which is worse, if this was on purpose or an accident.

edit: I mean gently caress, that's a loving BUTTHOLE

There's absolutely no way that's not intentional.

DandyLion posted:

Technically thats one of the kissin variety

Technically they're all of the kissin variety if you're so inclined.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

The use of noted pussy hound Lance Bass really makes this one.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

hooah posted:

I can't figure out what "maters" are.

I'm guessing tomatoes.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

The crying baby on the mohel knife is a nice touch.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

I'm digging the whole 'toddler wearing dad's clothes' aesthetic they have going, I really hope that becomes the next big thing.

the future is WOW has a new favorite as of 04:26 on Aug 26, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Tetracube posted:

The pizza is pepperoni in the ultrasound but cheese after it's born

Either way, the afterbirth must have been delicious.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Her pizza womb is making heaven too loving hungry.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

I don't know if this is a success story or the tale of one man's descent into madness.

I don't see any reason it can't be both.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
"If you're looking for a subtle way to break the ice..."

poo poo, if that's subtle then I'd love to see the ad writer's idea of an overt ice breaker.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Count Uvula posted:

I can't believe someone used a slur without disarming it with asterisks first!

I wonder if the guy had to pay extra for the 'utterly horrified by the circumstances of it's existence' look on the doll's face.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Bitch needs to reevaluate her tattoo choices. I mean, look at this dude, he is awesome.

Olmstead was pretty badass. In his 43 years as a landscape architect he designed a ridiculous amount of parks and academic campuses, a lot them being high profile projects like Central Park and Prospect Park in NYC, Golden Gate Park in San Francisco and the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. I can't find an exact number but going by the list on Wikipedia it looks like it was upwards of 500 or so.

And that was his second career.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

davebo posted:

How did they know they didn't view it upside down and it's really an anti-christ potato? Apologies in advance if I'm just unaware of proper potato-orienting procedure.

Edit: I just searched google images and found a ton of these. Apparently pretty common.

I always found it funny that the rebellious symbol of choice for edgy teenagers everywhere also happens to be one that's traditionally used to represent the Pope.

So that potato is actually pious as hell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

BOOTY-ADE posted:

"Patients with a history of ingestion and either oropharyngeal burns or gastrointestinal symptoms should be evaluated for admission in hospital. Care is supportive."

That sounds like a really nice way of saying "you won't need a hospital, you'll need a priest."

• Locked thread