Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, but I ordered juh-lah-pinno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Barometer posted:

Witches were supposed to kiss Satan's rear end, so it's not really from that movie so much as it's an old factoid about Witches.

Mr. Prince of Darkness doesn't seem too impressed with the whole setup tbh.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

I can't figure out what "maters" are.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

hooah posted:

Tomato.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

hooah posted:

I'm guessing tomatoes.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

hooah posted:

Tomatoes.

The owner isn't ignorant, by the way. It's a marketing gimmick for his produce stand. He's learned that hillbilly spellings get people to stop.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

PBRstreetgang posted:

Hallopinyo momma last night

Nice!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Barometer posted:

Witches were supposed to kiss Satan's rear end, so it's not really from that movie so much as it's an old factoid about Witches.

Sam Faust posted:

Mr. Prince of Darkness doesn't seem too impressed with the whole setup tbh.

"Eh, it's a living!"
He's even doing the shrug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyxJ7GKGFG0

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

If this isn't done with camera tricks and actors, I really want to know how it was pulled off, because it's super cool.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

Actually it's a very high-brow butt refrence to classic silent film butt sniffing.

Häxan(1922)

Haxan is not a subtle movie:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

If this isn't done with camera tricks and actors, I really want to know how it was pulled off, because it's super cool.

come on

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

guy under the sheet was probably wearing one of those all-green suits and they edited him out

pretty slick editing though

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
So does this mean that ghosts are real?

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe
You've been a ghost this whole time, moist turtleneck!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

PBRstreetgang posted:

Hallopinyo momma last night

:thurman:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

So does this mean that ghosts are real?

Of course they're real. If they weren't real then how do you explain all those Ghost Hunter shows and youtube videos?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Munchables posted:

Maybe he's talking about magic pickles

He doesn't look anything like Chris-chan though.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

davebo posted:

I'm actually curious since I'm so old now. Growing up in the 80's I was exposed to plenty of reruns of stuff from the 70's and hell even shows as old as Little Rascals. Nowadays though with so much available on demand like Netflix, do kids today really get exposed to older stuff that much if there's no real need to? When something like Transformers gets rehashed for movies, they might bother seeking out the old cartoons, but I can't imagine many teenagers watching reruns of Mad About You.

I'm old too, but I'd guess that some of them do. There is a lot out there now, but the latest thing is finite and people binge watch entire seasons in a weekend. Eventually you've seen all the [insert genre] made in the last ten years that got at least 2 stars, and you're still bored. Meanwhile Netflix keeps nudging you with suggestions for 4 star stuff made decades ago. Do you go for the low def stuff that was considered good at the time, or stick to one star junk that was at least shot in HD?

I mean, you can always turn off netflix and go instagram pictures of your lunch or whatever the kids are doing these days. But if you're in the mood to mindlessly consume video entertainment eventually you're bound to trip over the thousands and thousands of hours of stuff made before you were born.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o73thfrAcL1slstjg_480.mp4#_=_

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
90s TV is huge now. There are high schoolers in tyool 2016 who are god drat obsessed with Twin Peaks and The X-Files.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sex Hobbit posted:

90s TV is huge now. There are high schoolers in tyool 2016 who are god drat obsessed with Twin Peaks and The X-Files.

You mean after both had a new season in the past few months?

edit: huh, didn't realise the Twin Peaks one was delayed until next year. Preparing for it, maybe? :shrug:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

As the Cylons have said, this has all happened before and will happen again. Teenagers have discovered old media for decades.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm old too, but I'd guess that some of them do. There is a lot out there now, but the latest thing is finite and people binge watch entire seasons in a weekend. Eventually you've seen all the [insert genre] made in the last ten years that got at least 2 stars, and you're still bored. Meanwhile Netflix keeps nudging you with suggestions for 4 star stuff made decades ago. Do you go for the low def stuff that was considered good at the time, or stick to one star junk that was at least shot in HD?

I mean, you can always turn off netflix and go instagram pictures of your lunch or whatever the kids are doing these days. But if you're in the mood to mindlessly consume video entertainment eventually you're bound to trip over the thousands and thousands of hours of stuff made before you were born.

Actually, everything is a copy of a copy of a remake of something handed-down.

Or "its all been done" - Barenaked Ladies

or was that King Solomon... that known student of the ancients

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Sex Hobbit posted:

Both are good and available, in their entirety, on streaming

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The X-Files is and always has been a shockingly bad show.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shrapnig posted:

The X-Files is and always has been a shockingly bad show.

lol

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Random Stranger posted:

Haxan is not a subtle movie:

It is and it isn't. The whole witch angle is really over dramatic since, you know, it was made in the 20's. The reveal at the end when it tells you what the film is actually about is pretty clever, though.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

Ray Romano cutting onions

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Ray Romano beaten to death with a brick.

Fake edit - sorry, thought this was the "what you'd wish from a genie" thread.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
A strong opinion about Ray Romano?

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

I only glanced at this for a second at first and assumed it was a joke written in another language. Swedish, maybe? Finnish? :eng99:

Barometer posted:

My wife is a witch. I'll ask her about all that Satan butt kissing and post an extensive ask/tell thread about it. brb

Funny picture!

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

I got all of them on the first try, but "bail pepr" had to be said aloud before it clicked. "Pepr" was easy, but the "bail" threw me.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm such a high class intellectual I didn't understand any of that low class dialect

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I'm such a high class intellectual I didn't understand any of that low class dialect

Ah aint gaht nah ideer watcher suyen.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

If you have a 3D printer, you can have your own... HODOR!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Or, you know, cut a block of wood and dremel it out in like 2 minutes.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Solice Kirsk posted:

Or, you know, cut a block of wood and dremel it out in like 2 minutes.

They've got dremel's in Minecraft now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Never played it, but I'd assume not. Do they?

• Locked thread