Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

larchesdanrew posted:

How is it completing all the sudokus if they're all half done?

When did this become the "PYF Terribly Unfunny and Cryptic 'Comics'" thread?

Oh, right, from the beginning.

Wait, are you being ironically stupid or regular stupid? Because half of the puzzles are completely done, not all of the puzzles are half done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What kind of idiot cares about if a bird drops dead, much less flips the gently caress out over it?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Mentalizer posted:

How is that a pun?

I swear I'm not trying to PBF this poo poo, I'm just trying to figure out what the guy is trying to say. I mean, maybe it's because I'm not really familiar with Pokemon but I don't see how "I've got so many balls that I'm hallucinating" works as a pun.

He has so many pokeballs lying around that they are literally a tripping hazard. As in if you step on them you will very likely trip and fall. Thus you would be "tripping [on] balls". If the joke is still unclear to you then perhaps Highlights for Kids magazine would be more your speed.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Mentalizer posted:

Yeah, no poo poo man. I assumed that was the 'joke' he was going for when I first saw it, but it was so stupid that I figured there had to be more that I was missing. 'Tripping balls' and 'tripping on balls' have such completely different meanings that it doesn't even work as a pun, it's just meaningless nonsense.

e: I do appreciate the snappy 'Highlights for Children' burn though, good stuff.

I don't think you actually know what a pun is.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Puns are jokes based on homonyms and rhymes having unrelated or contradictory meanings. When you combine the literal meaning of what is said against the implied meaning it creates an absurd dichotomy, which we humans call "hu-mor".

Are there any other simple concepts your would like explained before you return to planet Autism to share what you have learned from us earthlings?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Mentalizer posted:

That's pretty good but I didn't ask what a pun was, I asked why you think this particular pun works. So either your reading comprehension is utter poo poo or you're purposely avoiding the question because you'd rather act like a giant shithead for no reason.

So since you're too busy being a sanctimonious rear end in a top hat to understand my point I'll rephrase it:

"The pun that the author is trying to make is awkward and poorly constructed, thus in my eyes it does not actually work as a pun but instead comes across as unrelated nonsense."

Now, since you apparently think that it is indeed a good and funny pun would you care to try and tell me why you think so? Or do you just want to fire off more lovely burns in an attempt to make yourself look smarter than you actually are?

It works because:

Who What Now posted:

When you combine the literal meaning of what is said against the implied meaning it creates an absurd dichotomy, which we humans call "hu-mor".

Since you missed it the first time I'll explain it again:

Who What Now posted:

He has so many pokeballs lying around that they are literally a tripping hazard. As in if you step on them you will very likely trip and fall. Thus you would be "tripping [on] balls". If the joke is still unclear to you then perhaps Highlights for Kids magazine would be more your speed.

It's not hilarious but it is a pun. Maybe instead of throwing a hissy fit that someone is making jokes in the thread about funny comics you could read what is actually in those posts where your question was already answered. Or are your chronically twisted panties somehow cutting off circulation to your brain?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

shamelessly stealing this from the DnD pictures thread

Best Loss parody yet.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rolo posted:

What the heck is wrong with that person's face?

Anal fisting.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I like the Great Outdoor Fight and that's it. That's my Achewood story.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

paradoxGentleman posted:

Isn't it possible that the guy is honestly disgusted by fedora type males?

It's both, really.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

paradoxGentleman posted:

why would you ruin such a nice comic

Agreed. Which is why I'm glad they improved it, instead.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Can confirm, elves are poo poo.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Minarch posted:

im the clown who wants to die

We all are.

*looks away as a single tear rolls down my cheek*

...we all are...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Xand_Man posted:

There seems to be vas deferens in people's opinions on the subject.

Do you think it's a difference of gender? I can semen and women having different opinions on the comic.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Post the one where Roast Beef keeps buying t-shirts he won't wear and the last one says "plus I got hella depression".

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RandomFerret posted:

My favourite part of that comic is that there was a goon who bought that shirt to wear to a party where a girl saw it and she asked him "so, what do you suck?" and he got embarrassed and never wore it again.

It's like, drat man, you just completely became the character right there. Life imitates art, you know?

I don't own that shirt but I am Roast Beef irl

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PYF Roast Beef Comics: GODDAMNIT WHAT AM I GOING TO DO ABOUT MY PROBLEMS

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Warren Ellis based Spider Jerusalem's initial appearance off of Alan Moore.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The best reason not to post the comics is because they aren't funny.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

monkeytennis posted:

Did you physically her?

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I thought the pacing was very poor and it was easy to lose interest in it despite being so short, but I'm glad KC gave it a try because he seems like a really cool dude who makes good comics and should be allowed to experiment. That's my story, ok bye.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

oldpainless posted:

I'm an introvert in rl but all of you on here are my friends even the ones i insult or the ones who insult me and are mean.

Haha, look at this loser!

*shoves u into locker*

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nitrox posted:

It would have been easier to just reply "no"

What's it like, being joyless and dead inside?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I like the fact that in this comic every oppressed person has weird hair while every oppressor has normal hair.

There were several with dyed and/or styled hair, though?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A Moose posted:

I loving love when people post Achewood, because that leads to babies complaining about achewood, which leads to more achewood!

I like when people post Achewood because then I don't have to look through a billion years' worth of unfunny ones to find the good comics.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

paradoxGentleman posted:

You are right, that was ninny-like of me. Have the Starhorse saga as an apology.

I think you must have posted these in mistake. This is the funny comics thread. The "boring, unfunny garbage comics" is thattaway.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Das Boo posted:

I couldn't get it to also be Loss. :(

Yer a good people, Das Boo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

whiteyfats posted:

Does somebody have the furry comic where they are portrayed as an unjustly oppressed minority? Because the clueless nature of it was amazing. If it helps, I think a furry gets beat up.

It's called Dreaming of Utopia, is drawn by a good (who's name escapes me, maybe Moonbeam City or something?) and you can find it posted in its entirety in the Webcomics thread in CCCC.

E: Paladinus! :argh:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RareAcumen posted:

when u c it

I don't see it :(

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RareAcumen posted:

The bottom four panels on the right make a loss.

Finally found it!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Vicissitude posted:

Not with that attitude.

Not with any attitude! <:mad:>

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ragequit posted:

God dang it Len

That poster ain't right, I tell you hwhat.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Roblo posted:

Statistically, you'd think at least one would be funny.

And that's why the entire field of statistics is horseshit.

Suck it, statisticians. Y'all are just slightly less lovely sooth-sayers.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

dumb. posted:

I don't get this one.

It's a picture of some douchebag hipster listening to AC-DC on vinyl like the rear end in a top hat he is.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
http://pandyland.net/random/?comicid=038285209

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Len posted:

My underling at work honestly believes Zoe and Anita deserved to be run out of the industry.

Pretty sure that's a justifiably fireable offense.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

Does he post comics somewhere besides the main website? I don't remember seeing this one before.

It's there. It's not even from that long ago.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's actually pronounced "butt sex"

Excuse you, but it's actually "gif"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zzulu posted:

if satan is so evil wouldn't he welcome all evildoers and create a paradise in hell for them

Satan is the good guy of the bible.

*tips neckbeard, strokes fedora*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lets Pickle posted:

No they went out of their way to point out that the werewolf's penis was flaccid when he mashed it against the owl's butt.

loving Werewolf Jones

• Locked thread