Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Nuclear War posted:

someone post the ant comic

The old link is dead, now you actually have to buy the book.

That being said, the book is amazing, and I ordered a copy even before the link got taken down. https://www.drawnandquarterly.com/ant-colony

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

this comic sucks

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
sorry your comics suck so bad

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

cheerfullydrab posted:

See I think the whole rest of your paragraph hinges on this exact bit. Which is also where the heart of my question was. You say it's crude language? What makes it crude? When is language like this used normally? Can you give me some other examples of crude language? What kind of people, in your mind, use language like this? Why is it that language is even necessary to communicaaa aa aaa? Whaaaa aa aaaaaa aaaaa aaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

It just escalates so quickly

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

A lot of the comics were based on true stories. The attempted birthday rape of Owl was something the author witnessed happening in real life to one of their friends at a party and still finds it incredibly hosed up that the person it happened to is still best friends with the people who did it.

This is an interesting post because I was seriously wondering if the author doesn't know that this poo poo actually does happen to a lot of people but now that I know that I don't necessarily like it, I'm more strangely impacted by it. It's a weird comic and I've been thinking about it a lot since I saw it. Whatever. Here's a cute Nedroid comic.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

kizudarake posted:

Sounds like a fuckton of comic book stores to me.

Yeah, I went into a sci-fi/board game nerd store not too long ago and pretty much that exact dude was there. It's shocking to think that this experience is so relatable, because he seriously did every single one of those things. Especially the smell.

First three panels of that comic are dumb though.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Soul Reaver posted:

HURR DURR I WROTE TOO MANY WORDS ABOUT VGCATS OF ALL THINGS

Yes. Yes you did. That being said, it's definitely not "monkey cheese penguins" random.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

frankenfreak posted:

Cyanide and Happiness (c) Explosm.net

I'm pretty sure this was drawn by the guy who does Nedroid, one of his lower effort things.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Len posted:

Anyone got that webcomic of the dad trying to force his son to be like him? One of the panels is a kid getting hit by a Nintendo controller.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Committed to unwise car

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

Post the one where Roast Beef keeps buying t-shirts he won't wear and the last one says "plus I got hella depression".

I thought about that shirt today and that's literally why I visited the achewood website.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

I don't own that shirt but I am Roast Beef irl

Yep

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

and so the something awful forums were created

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Chris Onstad might be having a hard time

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Stoatbringer posted:

Yeah, it used to be quite varied and mildly funny but some years ago appeared to run out of material and has been banging the PATRIARCHY!!! drum non-stop ever since. I occasionally go and have a look and it's just more of the same. A shame, because I like the artwork as well.

"Why are people so hateful towards allies? Every movement needs them in order to gain mainstream concern."

*reads multiple Sinfest comics*

"Ah. THAT'S the reason."

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Karate Bastard posted:

Daaaaamn but that Gaeneviad was a work of art.

Seconding this. Definitely worth the click.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

If I've learned anything from the daily comics thread in BSS, it's that spiderman can take WAY more massive head trauma than that.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Sakurazuka posted:

Can we have Achewood back please?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
this isn't the worst thread, but goddamnit it's trying its darndest to be

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

You know, I always thought this was the comic that I most related to Reginald with. But now...

I've done this so many times, goddamnit.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The only thing wrong with Nedroid is that ive already read it all.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Nitrox posted:

Perhaps you should post comics that are not poo poo, really

Friendly reminder to properly embed your images before making snarky posts online.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

This happened to my aunt before. I guess a robber chickened out but left the deposit slip he wrote his message on. She fills out the deposit slip, and ends up handing the teller a slip that says "I have a gun, give me all the money you have" written on the back of it. The blood drained from the teller's face pretty quick. Luckily she decided to actually ask my aunt if she wrote it rather than just trigger the silent alarm or w/e

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Took me a sec.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

I like achewood a bunch, but this comic is accurate

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Whoops, page snipe.

Anyway here's Achewood

Jesus this is dark. Even for Achewood.

Lots of good little touches, like Ray's doctor being there but not stopping anything, and the decibel meter showing up when RB crushes him.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Oof. That happened to me a few times as a kid, all to the same toe. Turns out that falling off the first time makes it that much easier to fall off every other time you hit the nail at an awkward angle.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Kung Pow Enter the Fist was absolutely hilarious to 13yo me, and the production was innovative and has a bunch of cool stories with it. I guess it's pretty immature but gently caress it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2vBZuLI3oI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

The directors commentary, where they talk about how hard it was to find a talented Asian actress who had one giant boob in the center of her chest.

Awesome, I thought I was the only one who listened to that. Yeah, the commentary is gold and goes into a lot of detail.

• Locked thread