Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

blunt for century posted:

Don't be terrible pedantic ultranerds this time you guys

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

edit: if I get probated for this, know that I blame legal weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Rorschach's rorcock: "Christ... what an rear end in a top hat" :dong:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

paradoxGentleman posted:

Skip Tobey, whp is not me, is instead wonderful

I am going to need some of the handholding that was mentioned a bunch of posts ago, because I don't know who this guy is and I don't get it.

That's corporate mascot Poppin Fresh aka the Pillsbury Dough Boy. As for why he's giving himself teeth/knife I'm not sure if that's a reference to something (Chucky?) or if the joke is really just "ha ha creepy horror darkness"

edit: I only just now noticed he's apparently using the lighter to bake his mouth and arm into place. Huh.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
American McGee's Poppin Fresh

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

still works

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
crosspost from the architectural failures thread

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 22:43 on Mar 27, 2015

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Sanford posted:

Where is this thread, please?

In the gibbis: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3701638

That comic was posted at the top of page 20, I'm catching up right now

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 02:54 on Mar 28, 2015

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Considering the comparative monstrousness of the Connolly tower, I don't blame you.

Then again, considering the monstrousness of the Connolly tower, I dunno if it would've even undercut your message that badly. At worst it'd be "well that second one's kinda ug--HOLY poo poo"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Marc Maron with kids

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Those last 3 panels are 100% unnecessary

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Krowley posted:

Are you talking to yourself?

holy poo poo, he's pbfsplaining to himself

this thread's headed for the singularity :aaa:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I don't get it. If he's killin it that hard, shouldn't he get the part? "Too perfect" seems more like a bullshit excuse for an anti-robot bigot to literally get away with murder.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Did the concept of fanfiction even exist in the 1300s? I don't get it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

BioEnchanted posted:

Most of Dante's Inferno's characters were friends, enemies or political figures contemporary to Dante Aligheri in real life, who he gave ironic punishments to based on imagined (or in some cases actual) transgressions. You could almost say it was fanfic of his own life at a stretch.

Wouldn't that be more of a biography then?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
That Beartato one is pretty somber with no text in the last panel.

No edit here (at work), I just did it in my head.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
shamelessly stealing this from the DnD pictures thread

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I haven't played basically any of the games in the AZ comics that I've seen so far, and I think they do a pretty good job of getting the joke across without requiring specific knowledge of the game. The most that Phoenix Wright "ah beautiful america" one requires is knowing that they're very much not in America. I'm sure it helps if you have experience with bad game localizations in general, but anyone can understand that joke. AZ's not really that bad by any measure imo. At worst it's mediocre, but I like it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
My favorite thing about this thread is, you'd think "PYF funny comics" would be about as straightforward as the Funny Pics or Schadenfreude threads, or any of the other countless "things that make you laff," and yet. I'm way more entertained by the utter chaos of the thread itself in this case, the ebb and flow of all kinds of comics and posting, everyone getting mad about comics and posts for every possible reason... it's fuckin beautiful. :911:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bogan Krkic posted:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

What the gently caress is an actual funny comic doing in this thread you piece of poo poo

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
stealin this from another thread

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

BonHair posted:

Also, getting laid by having a huge dick is not as easy as one might think. No one ever believes you before you're taking your pants off anyway.

Not if you're wearing the right pants.

Also, being Asian and having a big dick made dating extra fun. Ironically, in the beginning, then in reality, when I realized that relaxing and just letting my normal confidence come through no matter what meant that every guy and girl assumed I HAD to be hung, since I was tall, asian, AND confident.

edit: have a comic

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 16:16 on Oct 27, 2015

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RCarr posted:

What the gently caress makes you think anyone wants to hear about your dick, jesus christ.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

edit: missed a perfect opportunity to replace the brunette with a strawman in the last panel, or all of them, oh well

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Rolo posted:

Are those all unaltered? Like Marmaduke was just an rear end in a top hat dog with no punchline? I hope so.

PYF Funny Comics: just an rear end in a top hat dog with no punchline

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

dumb. posted:

Shocking lack of Joan Cornella lately...

Is the joke supposed to be that he's masturbating in the first panel?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
oh man oh MAN it's that guy! I knew the style felt super familiar to me, and for a moment I thought this was that gangstalking guy, but this is the same guy who did that weird-rear end long-rear end comic with the girl who had a magic sword and destiny, and those two weird otherworld spy agents who kept trying to guide her towards her destiny but kept loving things up ridiculously. It started out really really weird, but as long as you could push through the crude art, the comic itself was pretty great. Like, if he shopped that comic out and paid for a good artist, it could seriously sell.

Is this a new project he's starting? I need a link. Also the guy's name because I forgot to write it down somewhere, I need to follow his stuff.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

yessssssssssss thank you

Hitmen for Destiny was the one I was thinking of! It's long but it owns so hard.

And even though you already told me,

Hogge Wild posted:

post a funny comic and i'll tell it to you

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Minarch posted:

yeah, penny arcade really sold out when they backed off the pinnacle of artistic integrity and endeavour that was dickwolves

He didn't say or imply any of those things, he was illustrating how little the comic really matters to the creators at this point. They clearly had very strong opinions on it (one more so than the other, I forget who but I think it's the bigger rear end in a top hat/Tycho) and weren't going to let go until they realized, oh hey, this will affect PAX and the business. Suddenly that hill wasn't important enough to die on.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pastry of the Year posted:

(a) the artist is ABSOLUTELY the bigger rear end in a top hat and
Oh okay, I couldn't really remember

quote:

(b) all their much-vaunted charity work has its origins in basically organizing a group of early-adopting, entertainment - starved Internet nerds to go all in on the idea of "Penny Arcade fan as a lifestyle choice" and throw thousands of dollars at what was less a civic-spirited initiative and more a dogwhistle gently caress-you at Jack Thompson
okay, cool? I know next to nothing about them or PAX and don't really care so I'm not sure who you're arguing with or against hahaha

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Rolo posted:

I've seen this a hundred times and I'm convinced that I'll never get it.

The joke is that they've found a fountain of regular-rear end water, but unable to cope with the fact that the Fountain of Youth doesn't exist and they're on a fool's errand, Cortez's assistant makes up some bullshit to try and assuage his boss' disappointment. It's a pretty clever commentary on the Enlightenment and the dawn of scientific thought.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

paradoxGentleman posted:

The comics-to-bullshit-said-about-comics ratio is absolutely out of wack here.

I feel like these would be funny if I was a vet or something. It doesn't seem terrible so there's probably just a context I don't have for any of this.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
yeah naw dude, Kate Beaton knows how to tell jokes and make weird things in history funny. She definitely whiffs it now and again, but my face didn't even twitch for a single one of those vet jokes.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'll be the other other 50% and assure everyone that Achewood owns and if you don't like it you're worse than hitler nobody really cares and in this thread you're just asking for another 10 pages of achewood comics and achewood chat

edit: actually at this point that's a secret to no one; I'm beginning to suspect you guys are the closeted-antigay-Republican-senator-getting-a-brojob of webcomic fans.

"oh no, please, don't post achewood, it's soooo unfunny" *winks, bites lip*

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 17:49 on Jan 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Nitrox posted:

A healthy thing to do would be to stop reading this thread if you hate it so much
I think it's safe to say that everyone who's still reading this thread loves the punishment. We all know the drill by this point.

I don't get the last panel, where did all the other clowns come from between panels 3 and 4?

• Locked thread