Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So I had kind of a bad first impression of this game when the race descriptions included sexual proclivities for the elves...

...Then I got in game and shamed a skeleton to death and then did an autopsy that confirmed said shaming. I then died to a giant spider and got a fear of cows from said death.

This game is kind of OK for being in development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Tsurupettan posted:

This game is loving weird but it owns. Name is Tsurupettan in game.

Is there dirt in this newbie cave? I have tons of mushrooms.

Kill skeletons to get dirt, there is a pond in one if the side paths you can take bottles to to get water, everything else is either ground spawn or in a chest.

Don't go into the hidden map path without a friend unless you like taking dirt naps. Skeleton mages are rough.

Get psychology and murder wolves with a combination of a rat buddy and shame.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ratzap posted:

I never understood people moaning about that problem myself. It was always so easy to get a couple of dozen, certainly not hours of farming and the higher level you got, the easier it became and the more places you could go to get them. Did you constantly lose pets or something (curiosity here, I really never got how people needed so many bone chips). Later on having to cart bone chips and peridots around was a PITA but then we got the AA to 'store' the pet and it became a non-issue anyway.

If differentiation has a little cost or effort to it, no problem. I can chose to do it or not.

You have to consider back in early EQ pre PoP pets despawned when you zoned, logged off, or got disconnected. Keep in mind in the late 90s early 00s having a shaky dial-up/dsl connection was way more common and you'd have to resummon a pet every time your modem burped. Largely bone chips wasn't a big deal because you could pop over to field of bone and buy all the bone chips you could hold from newbies in the area for a relative pittance compared to peridots.

Field of bone/kurns tower was largely necro paradise in general though. Once you got past level 20 or so you could pretty quickly farm any amount of bone chips you needed in short order.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Lame twerk 3/10.