Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rented this from Redbox. I took the disc back after the round table conference room cutscene. Making me walk around that huge table without sprint after starting me right next to the drat exit but having 3 people block me is not a game I want to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

I really don't understand why this forum has a "shark tank" thread for the Xbox One when it's main competitor has dreck like this on its console.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Charles Martel posted:

I really don't understand why this forum has a "shark tank" thread for the Xbox One when it's main competitor has dreck like this on its console.

Xbone doesn't need games to be terrible and contemptuous of its audience.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

Xbone doesn't need games to be terrible and contemptuous of its audience.

To each their own, but I must live in some bizarre reality where Microsoft's products work just fine for me. I don't want to start a retarded console warrior flamewar full of edgy and hilarious jokes about how "underpowered" the "xbone" is, so I'll just say this: Sony and the PS4 are far from perfect, and The Order is a perfect representation of that.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Charles Martel posted:

To each their own, but I must live in some bizarre reality where Microsoft's products work just fine for me. I don't want to start a retarded console warrior flamewar full of edgy and hilarious jokes about how "underpowered" the "xbone" is, so I'll just say this: Sony and the PS4 are far from perfect, and The Order is a perfect representation of that.

Yet you come into a PS4 game thread spouting xbone poo poo.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Charles Martel posted:

I even posted this video in the Shark Tank, and did a stream of the game earlier that was really more at Sony/The Order's expense than Microsoft's. There are no sacred cows. :getin:

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

univbee posted:

I even posted this video in the Shark Tank, and did a stream of the game earlier that was really more at Sony/The Order's expense than Microsoft's. There are no sacred cows. :getin:

poo poo the MC Collection even won something, that's gotta count for something.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Edit: ^^^ The MCC deserves all of the flak it got and still gets. What a terrible launch.

univbee posted:

There are no sacred cows.

Exactly. That's the point I was trying to get across. There should be a more "generalized" type thread for this kind of thing, in my opinion, but was just stating my main thoughts after watching that video, which does a good job de-constructing everything that went wrong with The Order.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Charles Martel posted:

Exactly. That's the point I was trying to get across. There should be a more "generalized" type thread for this kind of thing, in my opinion, but was just stating my main thoughts after watching that video, which does a good job de-constructing everything that went wrong with The Order.

The Shark Thread has kind of become a bit more general, actually; Microsoft just happens to gently caress up more often and usually (but not always) in a more spectacularly embarrassing fashion.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
This game is so weird. There are interesting things happening all around the game but none of it materializes at all, either in the story or gameplay.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

Edit: ^^^ The MCC deserves all of the flak it got and still gets. What a terrible launch.

I was never interested in the Xbone so I don't know what happened with the MCC. What was wrong with it?

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
This game Cinematic Experience sold millions so get ready for The Order: 1886-2: The Re-ordering, coming to you in Q2 2016 (day 1 DLC includes different color shoelaces for the protagonists' boots and an option to autoplay all the QTE segments)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I was never interested in the Xbone so I don't know what happened with the MCC. What was wrong with it?

It launched with online matchmaking completely broken and a bunch of other problems and still isn't 100% fixed now months later.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Charles Martel posted:

I think a big part of a PS4 mocking thread not existing is because most of the master race just don't care enough. I could mock console users all day for paying for internet and not being able to play simple media formats and whatnot but I would be alone. The only ones that really care for this poo poo are other console users and the poo poo you have to put up with a PS4 have counterparts on the bone but not the contrary, so they are "universally accepted" by console users.
But you should read the sharktank if you don't, microsoft gently caress ups are really funny.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mr. Fortitude posted:

- Even if you purchase the game on disc, you have to download about 18 gigs worth of data to play multiplayer online (it was 15 at launch). If you get it digitally it's about 61 gigs.
- Even if you just want to play single player it installs Halo 4 first (takes 15 minutes), then Halo 1 (another 15 minutes) and then Halo 2 which takes a really long time to install and then Halo 3 which also takes a while. It's a good 45 minutes to an hour+ before you can play Halo 2, a.k.a. the one they remastered.
- Matchmaking is seriously broken and has been since launch. Impossible game types (e.g. 11 people in 10-person game, and it's balanced 7v4 or worse), even if matchmaking works it takes a few minutes to do its thing and the game has a high chance of crashing while loading the map, so you end up with people trying to game all night and getting in 4 games if they're lucky. It's been slowly getting better but is still well below what most people would consider acceptable and we're 4 full months after the game's release.
- Bugs galore including falling through level geometry, content not unlocking, saves and achievements getting wiped.

There are a ton more, someone online somewhere maintains a pages-long list of serious bugs.

As much as I despise The Order, it was a working game with a miniscule Day 1 patch.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Charles Martel posted:

make the thread

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Charles Martel posted:

The OMG NO 1080P MY PIXELS :qq: discussion is stupid for two reasons: The XBox One isn't marketed as a dedicated gaming console and more as a AIO entertainment device for the living room, and if people wanted graphics so mind-blowing, there are, again, other platforms to consider. While spergs are on PS4s, PCs, or whatever staring at polygons and pixels of a tree up close, I'll be running around buildings at light speed turning other players into swiss cheese and making giant robots explode in TitanFall in a couple weeks. It still looks great for what it is, but you would swear some people think it looks like a stuttering version of Atari's Adventure.

Complaints are warranted, but it's just grasping at straws in my eyes at this point.

hmm

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

makes you think

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Sweet Helldump-esque post, bro. Because looking through people's post history is always a cool thing to do.

And I stand by the general idea of that post: Graphics aren't everything. The Order is a perfect example of a bad game that's barely playable, but hey, at least it's not an xbox title running at 720p, amirite?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Charles Martel posted:

Sweet Helldump-esque post, bro. Because looking through people's post history is always a cool thing to do.
lmao

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

lalaland posted:

This game Cinematic Experience sold millions so get ready for The Order: 1886-2: The Re-ordering, coming to you in Q2 2016 (day 1 DLC includes different color shoelaces for the protagonists' boots and an option to autoplay all the QTE segments)

Is there actual sales data for this game anywhere?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

whys there no failure thread for the winning platform guys? i looked but only found this failure thread i'm posting in now. please advise

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Charles Martel posted:

And I stand by the general idea of that post: Graphics aren't everything. The Order is a perfect example of a bad game that's barely playable, but hey, at least it's not an xbox title running at 720p, amirite?

quoting his post is problematically helldumpic

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SBJ posted:

Naa I just haven't been able to enjoy a Nintendo game since I graduated high school

Did you just graduate high school cuz two of the best games ever made came out on the Wii so you must be braindead retarded with terrible taste if you didn't just graduate high school.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

Did you just graduate high school cuz two of the best games ever made came out on the Wii so you must be braindead retarded with terrible taste if you didn't just graduate high school.

Look man, I know it's the internet and 'lol respect' and whatever but can we not be that guy who shits on people for not enjoying games by [X company]?

I'll agree with you that 3D world looked great, however.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I finally played this. I liked it by the end, but I was really frustrated with how drawn out things were for the first few hours. It felt like they spent too long making a pretty engine and had to rush gameplay in to sell it. This easily had the worst pacing of any game I've played. I'd still give a sequel a chance.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Charles Martel posted:

Aye aye aye!!!!!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Charles Martel posted:

лмао

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
Meh, heh. Think you're real clever, pointing to the tattoo on my face that says: "I'm Gay" - Me. Turns out you're actually a stalker for laughing at me.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

RareAcumen posted:

Look man, I know it's the internet and 'lol respect' and whatever but can we not be that guy who shits on people for not enjoying games by [X company]?

As you can see, you're in the wrong place.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Charles Martel posted:

As you can see, you're in the wrong place.

I meant good games that are not buggy, unfinished, overhyped, etc.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Collectors edition is down to a measly 100 bucks. Get one while you still can.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
When I rented this game I fully expected to play the most average game in the world. I did not, however, expect to see digital dong... but there it was anyway. TWICE.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

abagofcheetos posted:

When I rented this game I fully expected to play the most average game in the world. I did not, however, expect to see digital dong... but there it was anyway. TWICE.

art confirmed,

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

it was obviously a dong representing some obscure artistic metaphor

sheesh, you all need to broaden your horizons

e:

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 22, 2015

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Just bought a PS4 last night, need opnions. This or Bloodborne?

TIA.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

oldpainless posted:

Just bought a PS4 last night, need opnions. This or Bloodborne?

TIA.

Dunno it's a tough call

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-order-1886
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/bloodborne

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

That's a hell of a post.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Thanks.

I'm going with the Order as I know the reviewers were all paid off to favor Bloodborne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That 65 The Order has on Metacritic is pretty generous. I've played games with scores like that that are passably fun.

• Locked thread