Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001
Merge all teh mega threads into an UltraThread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
the music thread is maybe worth keeping around because music is good for getting you in "the zone" for programming. and here you can get advice from other ppl who use music to help them code instead of people who listen to music because it's "art" or whatever

the thread could just be really bad though. I don't follow it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

Merge all teh mega threads into an UltraThread

Result:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

is the music thread a "yospos music" thread or just a music thread, in yospos? move it regardless because i do not post in it, and DEFINITELY move the fitness thread.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

the music thread is maybe worth keeping around because music is good for getting you in "the zone" for programming. and here you can get advice from other ppl who use music to help them code instead of people who listen to music because it's "art" or whatever

the thread could just be really bad though. I don't follow it

i feel like this could go into the terrible programmer thread. its just im having a rly hard time reconciling MUSIC and FUNNY/IRONY COMPUTER. imvho it can be renamed Programming Music and moved to PHIZ or something... idk

Result:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

make a red panda thread and probate anyone who posts in it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

is the music thread a "yospos music" thread or just a music thread, in yospos? move it regardless because i do not post in it, and DEFINITELY move the fitness thread.

ppl post al sorts of music in there. go have a read. its got like normal music in there. if it was non stop kraftwork thats itd be a different story

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sweevo posted:

make a red panda thread and probate anyone who posts in it

Result:

teen bear
Feb 19, 2006

move all programming and programming music threads to the cavern, imo

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

fitness and computers just dont mix, op

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

teen bear posted:

move all programming and programming music threads to the cavern, imo

as much as ide love to get more traffic going on in the cavern, i dont think the extremely serious posters itcobol (in the cavern of cobol) would appreciate a bunch of foul-mouthed YOSPOSTERs barging in and making jobes about P-Langs

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

yard salad posted:

fitness and computers just dont mix, op

Result:

wow anmother 5.. maybe random.org is broke.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smythe posted:

as much as ide love to get more traffic going on in the cavern, i dont think the extremely serious posters itcobol (in the cavern of cobol) would appreciate a bunch of foul-mouthed YOSPOSTERs barging in and making jobes about P-Langs

Result:

keep them in yospos but probate ppl who exclusively post "(lang) is poo poo" for dozens and dozens of pages

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i like the fitness thread in yospos because most of it is morbidly obese guys talking about their first time back in the gym in years (me) and the other guys are super autist programmers who min/max everything in their life and log it all and use theoretical advanced computer algorithms to figure out their next weights.

also we can make fun of crossfit and other lifters/gym-goers and stuff without it getting super ridic like in W&W because their mods own crossfit boxes and give goon discounts and no fun is allowed there.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
close the megathreads then make a megathread refugees gigathread for everyone to post everything

Killer Space Bees
Sep 7, 2011

combine all threads, ban anyone who posts in it

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:
*rolls the dice* I for one, welcome our new corporate overlord

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Flat Daddy posted:

keep them in yospos but probate ppl who exclusively post "(lang) is poo poo" for dozens and dozens of pages

Result:

c# ftw ^^

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i like the fitness thread in yospos because most of it is morbidly obese guys talking about their first time back in the gym in years (me) and the other guys are super autist programmers who min/max everything in their life and log it all and use theoretical advanced computer algorithms to figure out their next weights.

also we can make fun of crossfit and other lifters/gym-goers and stuff without it getting super ridic like in W&W because their mods own crossfit boxes and give goon discounts and no fun is allowed there.

hmm.. an angle i hadn't considered previosly. perhaps a simple refocusing of the thread is in ordeR? we will ruminate on this.

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

close the megathreads then make a megathread refugees gigathread for everyone to post everything

Result:

thanks g*d it didnt probe u. my benefactor. my master. my lord and king. *nervsouly rubs palms*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Killer Space Bees posted:

combine all threads, ban anyone who posts in it

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Tangra posted:

*rolls the dice* I for one, welcome our new corporate overlord

Result:

i swear to god u ppl are so loving lucky

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Smythe, I want you to know you're a real mensch.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

Smythe, I want you to know you're a real mensch.

i wouldnt go that far. but im squirtintly a neurotic little human being! :iamafag:

Result:

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 388 days!
i like the idea of having a fitness thread for the reasons mentioned, the only real problem w/ it is threadshitters who arent good enough to actually be funny. it needs either less or higher quality trolling imo

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
also pls keep any possible laffs-generating threads unclosed. tbe drugs thread was snuffed before its prime

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

low quality trolling is super embarrassing. for an example, see a wheezy steampunk's posts in waywt

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

wesley snypes posted:

i like the idea of having a fitness thread for the reasons mentioned, the only real problem w/ it is threadshitters who arent good enough to actually be funny. it needs either less or higher quality trolling imo

yea. maybe the fitness thread just needs to be refocussed. maybe if there was a custom YOSFit Tracker webapp? The thread can't live in its current state. it just doesnt grok the YOS zeitgeist

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Flat Daddy posted:

also pls keep any possible laffs-generating threads unclosed. tbe drugs thread was snuffed before its prime

i didnt touch that fkin thread!!

Result:

*rips our clumps of hair* UNBELIEVABLE!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

low quality trolling is super embarrassing. for an example, see a wheezy steampunk's posts in waywt

Result:

FML

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 388 days!
mmaybe we just need to 'gamify' it a lil bit.. make every1 post their fitocracy scores. get some competition going, some blood pumping. pit the huge buff yosposters against each other in a full-on internet fistfight

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

wesley snypes posted:

mmaybe we just need to 'gamify' it a lil bit.. make every1 post their fitocracy scores. get some competition going, some blood pumping. pit the huge buff yosposters against each other in a full-on internet fistfight

some salient points here

Result:

wesley... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

the man who made my av. my muse. my friend. one of the best posters ITF. jesus chirts... why did it have to come to this

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
who are all these people posting I've never seen before

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

not sure dude

Result:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

gently caress the police

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sudo Echo posted:

gently caress the police

Result:

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Smythe posted:

not sure dude

Result:

pls reinstate NO ANIMES rule

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PCjr sidecar posted:

pls reinstate NO ANIMES rule

i feel like social policies like that can be worked out by the community flaming ppl who post it.

Result:

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

SmokaDustbowl posted:

im a new gimmick poster that shills for IBM products and cannot jack off to completion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Flat Daddy posted:

im a new gimmick poster that shills for IBM products and cannot jack off to completion

welcome

Result:

errr.. bye =/ sorry

• Locked thread