Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
An Ort

I mean the music thread in its current state is kinda bad, but it could be saved. Make it about computer-based music production instead with a healthy dose of Amiga demoscene videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

fuctifino posted:

it's probably safer posting in this thread than investing in bitcoin

to the moon!

e2a: almost forgot to ask, the bitcoin thread is staying yeah?

not sure. we'll cross that bridge in due time

Result:

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

gonna roll a 6

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

An Ort

I mean the music thread in its current state is kinda bad, but it could be saved. Make it about computer-based music production instead with a healthy dose of Amiga demoscene videos.

agreed. gavel will bang at 3. i need to close this thread soon b/c i have dentist and then work. sry all

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Postmaster GBS posted:

gonna roll a 6

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ok all. going to close this for the day. music thread will die at some pt today and be reincarnated as more YOSPOS. if you have thoughs to the contrary, or even to the... corollary? idk math words. please pm me. if you dont have pms, well, idk. pm me on steam i guess http://steamcommunity.com/id/SmytheHiggins/ and if you dont have steam well then idk. youre hosed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Thread open. Today I would like to discuss the reboot of the Fitness Thread. What would you like to see out of it? It can't continue in its current laissez-faire state. it needs to be computer related. so please create for me a computer-fitness theme for the threads reboot. please do not beat me up extremnely buff fitness YOSPOSters

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
jwhdkbfhshbdh

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

horse mans posted:

this poo poo sucks you fag

hey i wasn't trying to play your game you tryhard little bitch, this poo poo is terrible and you need to do the right thing and gas your own dumb tryhard thread

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Flat Daddy posted:

jwhdkbfhshbdh

lucky you, i forgot to my painfully clear that the probe machine was still on

*jumps up to grab a huge high voltage lever, body weight of the small, patheytic, weakling barely pulls the switxch down into place* the probe machine ... is back on!! *a dull humm emenates from the floorboards as the building begins to subly vibrate*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

horse mans posted:

hey i wasn't trying to play your game you tryhard little bitch, this poo poo is terrible and you need to do the right thing and gas your own dumb tryhard thread

if you want to be entered in tyhe probe lottery, please post again. i forgot to remind ppl i was probing for this thread. thnx

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

Thread open. Today I would like to discuss the reboot of the Fitness Thread. What would you like to see out of it? It can't continue in its current laissez-faire state. it needs to be computer related. so please create for me a computer-fitness theme for the threads reboot. please do not beat me up extremnely buff fitness YOSPOSters

all weights lifted must be powers of 2

2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8- well you know how it goes

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Smythe posted:

feel free to post itt, but every timne you do im going to random.org between 1 and 10 and if it gets an odd number im going to probe you.
:chome:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
ok finally i managed to catch this thread. here is what i wanted to post:

smythe why do you care about megathreads. actually everyone why do you care. i mean threads are not a finite resource we can have lots of them. who cares if you post in one or dont post in one. i dont get why everyone is suddenly sperging about what threads other people post in.

and the only megathread i post in is the bitcoin one so dont say im just crying about my own faggoty posting zone cause im not

ok thx for reading my essay hope you like it

teen bear
Feb 19, 2006

all fitness posts must contain screenshots of your pathetic gains on your iOS fitness app of choice

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

newreply.php posted:

all weights lifted must be powers of 2

2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8- well you know how it goes

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Result:

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Smythe posted:

if you want to be entered in tyhe probe lottery, please post again. i forgot to remind ppl i was probing for this thread. thnx

shut the gently caress up

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

A Pinball Wizard posted:

ok finally i managed to catch this thread. here is what i wanted to post:

smythe why do you care about megathreads. actually everyone why do you care. i mean threads are not a finite resource we can have lots of them. who cares if you post in one or dont post in one. i dont get why everyone is suddenly sperging about what threads other people post in.

and the only megathread i post in is the bitcoin one so dont say im just crying about my own faggoty posting zone cause im not

ok thx for reading my essay hope you like it

2 reasons:

-new people come into YOSPOS and see threads with 999999999 posts. "erm... yea, never gonna catch up on this" and leave. source: this happens to ME when i goto games, mmohmo, cd, etc. and im a veteran forums poster.
-its my mandate from sa management

that being said, i value your measured input. thank you for positively contributing to YOSPOS. here's your roll

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

teen bear posted:

all fitness posts must contain screenshots of your pathetic gains on your iOS fitness app of choice

agreed but must be platform agnostic and i would REALLY prefer a custom YOSPOS webapp

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

horse mans posted:

shut the gently caress up

Result:

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
give me my daily probe pls

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flat Daddy posted:

and then probate me lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Flat Daddy posted:

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Flat Daddy posted:

and then probate me lol

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
FITNESS THREAD REBOOT PEOPLE. I WANT A CUSTOM YOSPOS-WEBAPP FOR FITNESS TRACKING.

Why is the YOSPOS Fitness THread better, or different than EVERY OTHER FORUMS FITNESS THREAD?

Because we're Alpha Male Code Ninjas who make a P. Deece Six Figgies.

Make the webapp NEXT FRIDAY or im going to have to CLOSE IT until the app is ready.

SUBMIT TO QA byu NEXT FRIDAY

im not a computer professional so if this is unreasonable please just tell me. feel free to pm lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
:razz:goon project:iamafag:

so the fitness thread would be people disguising gainsposting as bug reports and feedback? lol

plus idk what fit people do or what a fit app does; only thing i've seen like that is gps for runners too 36 to buy a garmin and it probably needs to be a native app because while the html5 location api is p. good you need an app running as a service because the browser will go to sleep and stop recording. tho i guess you could tell it to leave the screen on b/c yosposters are fat and tire easily so it's not like battery life would be an issue :smugmrgw:

w/e i don't post in the fatness thread idgaf if it burns

Garbd
Dec 29, 2008

fitbit thread

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Smythe posted:

2 reasons:

-new people come into YOSPOS and see threads with 999999999 posts. "erm... yea, never gonna catch up on this" and leave. source: this happens to ME when i goto games, mmohmo, cd, etc. and im a veteran forums poster.
-its my mandate from sa management

fwiw, I feel like general-purpose megathreads also tend to degenerate into weird cliquey bullshit as they run out of actual new content to post, which is unfunny & depressing

more focused threads have a higher chance of being actually funny/interesting (and if one sucks, it usually dies pretty fast, so who cares)

just my 2 cents :mrgw:

smythe please roll me a prime number

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

:agreed:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
tbh i think nearly all the egathreads shojuld be closed, then re judged when assholes re-open then 5 minutes later.

also immediately :gas: the cat thread, fitness thread. they are not about funy bcomputr and do not belong in yospos

also sticky every inri thread and g0m. also just ban lp0 already or do likea lng rear end probe

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i'ma let it ride again today, smythe

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
also im doublin down on dis but pls (re)move the george lucas thread to some drooling poo poo like phiz or w/e. also the gaming thred, theres a games sub & it seems kinda reasonable if u ar gonna rm or gas the fitness thred since theres a forum for that too

also btw i am a shitposter but tbqh i think you are doing a great job of supreme leader, lord of chaos, etc

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 387 days!
theres so many megathreads getting posted in so often that new threads just slide str8 off the page. posting in yopsos is like sowing ur seeds into a thicket, 2 put it biblically, that poo poo does not work!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

jony ive aces posted:

:razz:goon project:iamafag:

so the fitness thread would be people disguising gainsposting as bug reports and feedback? lol

plus idk what fit people do or what a fit app does; only thing i've seen like that is gps for runners too 36 to buy a garmin and it probably needs to be a native app because while the html5 location api is p. good you need an app running as a service because the browser will go to sleep and stop recording. tho i guess you could tell it to leave the screen on b/c yosposters are fat and tire easily so it's not like battery life would be an issue :smugmrgw:

w/e i don't post in the fatness thread idgaf if it burns

doesnt need to be anything fancy. just like a spreadhseet frontend where the columns are labeled "SICK GAINS" and u upload ur SA av. dont need a gps or anything. just user inputs things, it tracks it. maybe ranks people based on their gains or whatever. ide settle for a cool looking gogle form that dumps into a read-only spredsheet with a hummourous format.

thanks for your input.
:worship:

anywhay

Result:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Garbd posted:

fitbit thread

Result:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
pop my prob cherry smythe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

fwiw, I feel like general-purpose megathreads also tend to degenerate into weird cliquey bullshit as they run out of actual new content to post, which is unfunny & depressing

more focused threads have a higher chance of being actually funny/interesting (and if one sucks, it usually dies pretty fast, so who cares)

just my 2 cents :mrgw:

smythe please roll me a prime number

agreed with a caveat: i think some degree of cliquey bullshit is good. a powerful clique can run off bad posters as long as they get eachother back. 1 of my problems with YOSPOS is that posters don't get eachothers back. if someone flames one of my forum allies im going to call them a fag. if one of my forum alies flames someone i'll emptyquote them. thje little faggots in YOSPOS never had friends in real life so they dont understand this behaviour. they start sniping at eachother trying to look cool in front of an outsider. its loving pathetic. it makes me sick.

jk nobody cares

Result:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Result:

• Locked thread