Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i'll buy yo-kai watch and report if it's good.

godspeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Thanks for the help the other day, Imps, I've got a New 3DS XL, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and A Link Between Worlds coming in from Amazon tomorrow. One last quick question since I trust Imp opinions more than anyone else's: I've got Story of Seasons, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rune Factory 4, and Fantasy Life on my wish list but they all seem like they're going to scratch the same itch as customizable cartoony life simulation-ish games, does any one of these stand out over the others? I'm leaning towards Fantasy Life for now (I'll end up buying them all at some point, I'm sure) but I've never played any games of this style before so I dunno.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Fantasy Life seems like one of the better options of that group.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I really like Harvest Moon so I'd personally go with Story of Seasons. I'm so mad that EU doesn't have that available. Fantasy Life always struck me as too much of just grinding a class/job and not too much customizing, building up stuff like with a farm. I still want it though, but I don't know to much about it. Go with your heart.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fantasy Life is a grindfest but its pretty customizable.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Fantasy Life is really cute and fun. It's a grindfest but it's backwards in that the grinding is really fast-paced and fun and the actual story stuff is a real boring drag. It's not really life simulator-y though, it's more like an rpg that heavily revolves around the stuff that's normally side-professions in mmo's. I bought it kinda thinking I'd be making a living as a carpenter/hunter and it's not really like that.

Animal Crossing is a whole different beast from any of those other games because it functions around real-time. It feels barely like a game at all in some ways but if you get into it you'll somehow put way more time into it than any other game. If you get anal about "missing" stuff you may want to skip it because it can induce an almost mmo-like hold where you're loading it up not because you want to play but because you want to make sure your neighbors aren't moving/you're not missing anything in the stores/etc.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 9, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
plutonis how is yokai watch

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I've been kinda wanting to get Fantasy Life for a while but I've never seen it discounted.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just want to live a life different from mine.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

plutonis how is yokai watch

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The only thing I find to be bad and annoying is the recruit rng. If you throw food at a monster group before battle sometimes a guy you don't want to recruit grabs it. Or your yokai kill the guy you want before you give him food. And even so the RNG can gently caress you by having the Yokai look like he loved the food a lot but not joining you after the battle which had me looking for and fightingb specific fuckers for hours!!!

it's a fun and cute game otherwise. it gets the real earthbound feel of actually playing as a kid and looking for bugs and stuff

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

so its kind of like smt demons extorting you for cash/health and then leaving without joining. thats cool to me.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

When demons do that on SMT they let you know though instead of continuing to fight until you wipe them

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
there are a few yo-kai that have a passive that increases the recruitment rate.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is this the site I want to buy an R4 from?

Also has anyone ordered from them with a prepaid card, they only take Visa and I'm not getting a new credit card just to buy a flash cart.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i seem to remember them being pretty good

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Is Snake Eater 3ds a worthwhile port for $30?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Oberst posted:

*snickering* Why yes... it runs at a Beautiful 60 fps, has several hours of bonus content included, and is the definitive version of the game. This gamer cannot recommend it enough.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I did a foxhound run of it and it is definitely snake eater at a little less than ps2 fps with crouch walk, third person aiming and quicker weapon switching. It is also $20 on the eshop.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

rediscover posted:

*snickering* Why yes... it runs at a Beautiful 60 fps, has several hours of bonus content included, and is the definitive version of the game. This gamer cannot recommend it enough.

gently caress off baby boy

Evil Eagle posted:

I did a foxhound run of it and it is definitely snake eater at a little less than ps2 fps with crouch walk, third person aiming and quicker weapon switching. It is also $20 on the eshop.

Thank you for the actual answer. $20 is a drat good deal for mobile mgs3 even if it runs like rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DQVII and DQVIII 3DS remakes confirmed for NA today.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

DQVII and DQVIII 3DS remakes confirmed for NA today.

thread title related

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon will belong in this thread next week, on November 20.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
on november 20, i will have to make the most difficult choice i have ever faced: totodile or froakie?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The project X zone demo was kinda fun...has anyone here played the full game

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

A cool drat horse posted:

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon will belong in this thread next week, on November 20.

Hell yes

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

The project X zone demo was kinda fun...has anyone here played the full game

I didn't care for it but If you like it I imagine it's pretty inexpensive

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i've heard a lot of people say the game gets insanely slow later on.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The action bits are fun, kinda like Valkyrie profile but the strategy part even in the demo seemed really pointless. I guess I'll just keep waiting for exist archive to get a us release

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Oberst posted:

gently caress off baby boy

Hold your tongue.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Oberst posted:

eh......

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

has there been anything interesting on the 3DS in the last few months.

a train and uh some sega 3d classics i guess.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

xenoblade maybe? i dunno when that came out though t it was like two months or go or somethin

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Tortimer has invited me to his secret island.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
tri force heroes.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Yo-kai watch is a good monster collecting game.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Fire emblem awakening is seriously so god drat good. The main storyline seems too easy to me tho, was I not supposed to grind a lil on the optional battles?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

A cool drat horse posted:

Apparently it has hosed up recruitment mechanics? At least it will not be as bad as Gates

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

crunk dork posted:

Fire emblem awakening is seriously so god drat good. The main storyline seems too easy to me tho, was I not supposed to grind a lil on the optional battles?

the ideal difficulty setting on it is hard i think, even that gets pretty easy though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hard was too hard for me because I like FE games but I'm still really bad at SRPGs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
If I pair two guys together for long enough will they fall in love?

• Locked thread