Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hTAXATdxac

it looks like they put a lot of work into upgrading the areas, and everyone says this is a good ff game, so i will be cautiously optimistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
it looks good

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Turd Ferguson

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Groin Attack: In the Netherlands' promotion for the M&M's "Peanutball", Red kicks it to demonstrate its durability. It proceeds to bounce around and hits him right between the legs. Red reacts appropriately.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to play the FFXV demo, but there is no way in hell I'm going to spend 60 dollars on a 4 year old PSP game with higher res textures.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Hoodrich posted:

Groin Attack: In the Netherlands' promotion for the M&M's "Peanutball", Red kicks it to demonstrate its durability. It proceeds to bounce around and hits him right between the legs. Red reacts appropriately.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
maybe you can rent it and play the demo, it depends if its a dlc or an on disc thing like the ffxii demo on dq 8

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that's a good point, I could use the red box at the grocery store. Well congrats on the informative thread.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I want to play the FFXV demo, but there is no way in hell I'm going to spend 60 dollars on a 4 year old PSP game with higher res textures.

well i mean type-0 never came out in the west and iirc the fan translation was shot down or something so i understand paying 60 big ones for it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hoodrich posted:

m&ms are made of chocolate they lack penises

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

that's a good point, I could use the red box at the grocery store. Well congrats on the informative thread.

Red Box is owned by Coinstar :eng101:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

well i mean type-0 never came out in the west and iirc the fan translation was shot down or something so i understand paying 60 big ones for it

The fan translation came out like 2 days before the announcement was made that type-0 was getting a remake and square made him take down the translation and the guy who headed up that project had a mental breakdown because he wasted years of his life or something. Headshot.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive never even played ff and it's WAY more than a retexture from that vid. but 60 dollars for an hdmake of an old game lol

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
idk id like for them to announce they added extra poo poo to it but somehow i doubt it

i bet its better than ffxv though

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
i was not, op

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

The fan translation came out like 2 days before the announcement was made that type-0 was getting a remake and square made him take down the translation and the guy who headed up that project had a mental breakdown because he wasted years of his life or something. Headshot.

I think he actually knew that the official translation is on its way and rushed the project to release, which some other members of the team (if I recall correctly) opposed. Either way he wanted to show the world his work and I can respect his dedication.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This is coming out too close to Bloodborne, gently caress.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

No thanks, OP.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Hoodrich posted:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'll be impressed if they can actually release the game, since it takes them a decade to do any god damned thing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Phantasium posted:

I'll be impressed if they can actually release the game, since it takes them a decade to do any god damned thing.
Slightly over a decade. The first Final Fantasy was released in 1852 and was played via telegraphy.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Slightly over a decade. The first Final Fantasy was released in 1852 and was played via telegraphy.

I question your historical accuracy because one button sounds like too much gameplay for a Final Fantasy.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

that sux.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

its a shame bc i downloaded it on day 1 and it was p well made

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
its like that chrono trigger sequel project square shut down, except that it actually got released

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hubris.height posted:

its like that chrono trigger sequel project square shut down, except that it actually got released
I read a plot summary on Wikipedia and it was some Chrono Compendium bullshit so I'm glad it's dead.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

People should leave Chrono alone and make new fun games and IP's instead of sitting around like that old dude next tot he bucket that takes you to Lavos.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the chrono trigger sequel is chrono cross :troll: :awesome: :louisgod: :weed:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eye of Widesauron posted:

People should leave Chrono alone and make new fun games and IP's instead of sitting around like that old dude next tot he bucket that takes you to Lavos.
That's Gaspar. He's a 90s kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

does this have real-time battles and RTS elements what the heck

also yeah it looks fine whatever final fantasy is like 80% music anyway

• Locked thread