Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Lord Windy posted:

Does this happen at all in Australia? Because I never hear of anything like this over here.

Also I really like the police and pretty much have never had a bad experience with one.

Anecdotally, the police are probably worse than Europe but not as bad as the US.

Australia has an excessive machismo culture which result in a more aggressive-than-norm police culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Jarmak posted:

Its kind of amusing to watch this thread go from "never call the police" to "you don't need a gun that's what police are there for" without even pausing to take a breath.

Police are useful if you need people dead but don't want to go through the hassle (legal fees, court dates, buying ammunition) of doing it yourself.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Jarmak posted:

Sorry if I've seen enough good people die to not give the slightest gently caress about people who bring it on themselves.

:fireman:

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Agrajag posted:

I'm still not sure what the giant fatso following the cop around like a dog on a leash was doing there.

Concerned Citizen Protecting Beloved Boys In Blue.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

pentyne posted:

If you have to print a card because you're worried you're kids are going to get picked up you know for a fact it will become and issue and you are daring the world to challenge you.

It's a reasonable thing to challenge. I used to walk my sister to and from school (3 miles round trip) when I was 8-12 and her being 2 years younger.

Montgomery County doesn't even seem that dangerous in terms of crime statistics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
James Blake, retired tennis player and Harvard educated black man was tackled to the ground and cuffed by 5 officers. Turns out that he wasn't the guy they were after and, yet again, the only descriptor needed to arrest a black suspect is the colour of their skin.

https://twitter.com/search?q=james+blake

• Locked thread