Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Your conviction is admirable.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It was fun and the ability to customize it with .wads set a nice precedent but I think there are more fun games out now.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
It's your favorite game, OP

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Yobgoblin posted:

It's your favorite game, OP
It's not. See my other thread for clarification on this matter

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XohjwUpbLVY

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont agree op but it is very good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I did not grow up with Doom but I feel it and Quake have aged very well as their core gameplay is very simple and very enjoyable, Doom may possibly have aged better due to it's sprite art arguably looking better than Quake's ancient 3D enemy models. However, Doom 2's level design is poo poo. It is garbage.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 19, 2015

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

chex quest was more fun, imo

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
chex quest has doom 2 episode 2 and episode 3 in it because they forgot to trim them out

might've been doom 1 episode 2 and 3

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
iawtop

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Trick Question posted:

chex quest was more fun, imo

Pepsi man was also.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
you know? i've never played a wolfenstein game

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

though honestly if we're going best game of all time, I'd have a hard time believing it's anything other than wonderful 101

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I don't know op, Morrowind was pretty loving legit

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Eye of Widesauron posted:

It was fun and the ability to customize it with .wads set a nice precedent but I think there are more fun games out now.

^^^^ This person likes Cinematic gaming FYI ^^^^^^^

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Sir AIDS posted:

^^^^ This person likes Cinematic gaming FYI ^^^^^^^

lmao.

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

doom is hell of cool

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doom loving Sucks!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not!

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i got trolled

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's alright OP, but there's a lot of better one's out there.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like heretic now that ive played it... more so than doom

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Black Baby Goku posted:

i like heretic now that ive played it... more so than doom

waht about hexen

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

NickRoweFillea posted:

waht about hexen

haven't played it

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
It's poo poo.

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
Doom is the best fps ever made because its balance is perfect. you can load up any map pistol start and jump in no bullshit story play a level in five minutes or five hours depending on what you feel like. the art is timeless the gameplay is unmatched and show a good wad on UV max to any kid -18 they think its some indie retro shooter they can't to try out. any FPS that isn't doom or quake can blow me I want to zip around like superman with a ton of weapons killing evil incarnate until slayer and ministry makes me deaf. gently caress cover systems, gently caress moving at a snails pace, gently caress the Z axis, and gently caress regenerating health I wan't "not getting shot" to be my primary concern, not "where can I hide for a second to regenerate" and I want my health to tick down if I get it over 100. spending forever wandering around for that one keycard is fun in comparison of going from scripted story point to scripted story point in a linear fashion, gently caress you Doom 3. And don't be one of those people who say serious sam and painkiller are carrying the torch either, throwing fucktons of monsters =/= doom, doom is about killing hell, the most classic god-fearing midwestern version of it to dissonant remixes of pantera and alice in chains. The bestiary is perfectly balanced save for the barons and wad makers never run out of ways to make you say gently caress with all the monster situations people can think of. every fps post Q3 is too loving boring, gently caress cinematics, gently caress intros, I would rather play FMV games than have to listen to some NPC tell me why it's important to kill the things trying to kill me other than the fact that they are quite obviously trying to kill me and fail at making me feel like I'm in a big hollywood production in the process. Ever since halo games have too much bullshit. Shoot rad poo poo to rad music and cut out the bullshit, only someone whos hand physically grafted to the mouse during development could have made the best FPS for over 20 years. Anything not Doom sucks. Quake is cool too. Duke 3D gets a pass

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006

Quirk posted:

Doom is the best fps ever made because its balance is perfect. you can load up any map pistol start and jump in no bullshit story play a level in five minutes or five hours depending on what you feel like. the art is timeless the gameplay is unmatched and show a good wad on UV max to any kid -18 they think its some indie retro shooter they can't to try out. any FPS that isn't doom or quake can blow me I want to zip around like superman with a ton of weapons killing evil incarnate until slayer and ministry makes me deaf. gently caress cover systems, gently caress moving at a snails pace, gently caress the Z axis, and gently caress regenerating health I wan't "not getting shot" to be my primary concern, not "where can I hide for a second to regenerate" and I want my health to tick down if I get it over 100. spending forever wandering around for that one keycard is fun in comparison of going from scripted story point to scripted story point in a linear fashion, gently caress you Doom 3. And don't be one of those people who say serious sam and painkiller are carrying the torch either, throwing fucktons of monsters =/= doom, doom is about killing hell, the most classic god-fearing midwestern version of it to dissonant remixes of pantera and alice in chains. The bestiary is perfectly balanced save for the barons and wad makers never run out of ways to make you say gently caress with all the monster situations people can think of. every fps post Q3 is too loving boring, gently caress cinematics, gently caress intros, I would rather play FMV games than have to listen to some NPC tell me why it's important to kill the things trying to kill me other than the fact that they are quite obviously trying to kill me and fail at making me feel like I'm in a big hollywood production in the process. Ever since halo games have too much bullshit. Shoot rad poo poo to rad music and cut out the bullshit, only someone whos hand physically grafted to the mouse during development could have made the best FPS for over 20 years. Anything not Doom sucks. Quake is cool too. Duke 3D gets a pass

drat...

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

The Debate Rages On.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
"who that works instadoom work but who take photo?" - Caveman, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Schnedwob posted:

The Debate Rages On.

Jerri Jaatinen asks the hard questions.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
why cant doom guy crawl

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

why cant doom guy crawl
Because he's playing Doom, not Crawl, dumbass.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Schnedwob posted:

The Debate Rages On.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Today's Rotted Culture is gonna be my new band's name

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
no op, thief is best game of all time

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
way more games should use the "head at the bottom that shows how beat up you are" health system imo

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Skilleddk posted:

no op, thief is best game of all time
Lmfao, no.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

When I'm done replaying Doom as God Himself intended in all its pixelated glory, what poo poo do I install to make it pretty and modern?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

When I'm done replaying Doom as God Himself intended in all its pixelated glory, what poo poo do I install to make it pretty and modern?

Why would you bother.

• Locked thread