Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i hated the old 3d and i always turned it off, couldn't stand it. it really strained my eyes.

but apparently a lot of that eye strain was caused from not holding my head perfectly still at the perfect angle at all times. the new 3ds has head tracking that fixes that and i didn't think it would actually be a big enough improvement for me to turn it on, but it is

having it on during some of those majora's mask minigames (like the deku flower game where you gotta land on the moving platforms) is really loving cool

ok bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
whatever, homo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

THE PENETRATOR posted:

whatever, homo

how can i get a ralp fan tag THE PENETRATOR

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
just gotta be a big ralp fan

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

NickRoweFillea posted:

you have to be a fan of ralp

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
summoning ralp

give me the tag please

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
*in extremely ralp fan v/o*

ralllllllllllp give me the taaaaaaaaaag

Soral
May 30, 2009

i told my good friend ralp to never give this guy a ralp fan tag, just now

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

NickRoweFillea posted:

pff... don't bother. unless ralp himself uploads it, it's all phony

Anyways, I've been playing 3D land lately and god is it annoying to try to hold the system perfectly in place for this game in 3D. Tempted to get a new 3DS to fix that.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
it still hurts me eyes after like an hour, but it's definitely way better than before

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Soral posted:

i told my good friend ralp to never give this guy a ralp fan tag, just now

You don't even have a ralp fan tag, how do I know ralp is your good friend, when you don't even have the tag

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Does it fix SMT4's 3d? Game looks like poo poo on max 3d

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Mercurochrome posted:

i always thought smt4's 3d was on the better end of the spectrum

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mercurochrome posted:

It doesn't.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Does it have any less slowdown on 3d with some games like X/Y? That got ridiculous sometimes.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Does it have any less slowdown on 3d with some games like X/Y? That got ridiculous sometimes.

not that i know of. it has FASTER PROCESSING POWER

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Dexters Secret posted:

lol thats not even blast processing. will nto buy

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Dexters Secret posted:

I sure hope they'll update the pokémon games to take advantage of the 3 unused cores.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Ivy posted:

I sure hope they'll update the pokémon games to take advantage of the 3 unused cores.

if you mean software update you're sol

if you mean update every year I've got good news

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
Soemone take a pic so I can see what the new 3d looks like Thanks

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Liquid Penguins posted:

if you mean software update you're sol

if you mean update every year I've got good news

I mean, there's always some form of 1.1 patch. Maybe if they're feeling ambitious they could go 1.2...

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Ivy posted:

I mean, there's always some form of 1.1 patch. Maybe if they're feeling ambitious they could go 1.2...

I think nintendo management would rather the team work on whatever pokemon game is coming out this year than to patch the old ones

I'm not saying it isn't possible, just that nintendo won't do it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its way better for sure but it still murders my eyes after playing for 30+ minutes

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

new 3d owns but i put that poo poo on FULL POWER while playing majoras mask and now i'm blind

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i thank gaming jesus every day i wake up and my eyes arent too loving retarded to use the 3d on my 3ds

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Mercurochrome posted:

looks gr8 on my regular 3dsxl..

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I.N.R.I posted:

looks gr8 on my regular 3dsxl..

outside of some extreme ghosting during the fusion animation i dont even know what hes talking about

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Awesome! posted:

i thank gaming jesus every day i wake up and my eyes arent too loving retarded to use the 3d on my 3ds

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Awesome! posted:

sorry, i meant to say it's perfectly comfortable to hold my old 3ds at the optimal distance (14") away from my face while keeping my neck absolutely still at all times so as not to break the immersion

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

do you have parkinsons disease or something? its not that hard

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Awesome! posted:

do you have parkinsons disease or something? its not that hard

it's uncomfortable as poo poo to hold any part of your body perfectly still for a long period of time, let alone your neck

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

[commercial opens on michael j fox playing 3d land] nintendo always gives us what we need. thank you

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

although you do bring up a good point that the new 3ds does in fact help parkinson's patients with enjoying the console's portable 3d experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Awesome! posted:

[commercial opens on michael j fox playing 3d land] nintendo always gives us what we need. thank you

yeah that

• Locked thread