Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

The Glumslinger posted:

The LA Times had a little slideshow of the current proposed stadiums, and also included a drawing of a proposed Carson stadium from the 90s:

Look at that loving thing, it amazing

It looks like a cross between Del Mar Racetrack and the Coliseum and is rad as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

SA2K posted:

The San Diego stadium advisory group has narrowed their efforts to focus on the Qualcomm site rather than downtown. A funding plan will be put together by late May.

The Chargers representative in attendance at the announcement of this today? Shawne Merriman. Still love you, Lights Out.

That's awesome. I miss having him around.
At least he's still part of the organization in some form.

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine
http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/Oakland-Raiders-urged-to-consider-football-only-6126480.php

good news is they could save money on demolition, as all you'd have to do is look at the Coliseum funny and it'll collapse

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bivens posted:

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/Oakland-Raiders-urged-to-consider-football-only-6126480.php

good news is they could save money on demolition, as all you'd have to do is look at the Coliseum funny and it'll collapse

gently caress that idea

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Fly with me posted:

That's awesome. I miss having him around.
At least he's still part of the organization in some form.

Remember when he dated Tila Tequila? He must feel lucky he got the gently caress out of that.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Tila Tequila is the myspace lady that's also a Nazi sympathizer, right?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
yup

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ostentatious posted:

Tila Tequila is the myspace lady that's also a Nazi sympathizer, right?

She's a Nazi sympathizer now? Last I heard of her was when she almost got killed by Juggalos.

Edit

According to Wiki she successfully reproduced. :stare:

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Mar 13, 2015

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Spoeank posted:

So a 2013 Detroit - Minnesota game then?

nah the 2011 Lions-Tebow game

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Remember when he dated Tila Tequila? He must feel lucky he got the gently caress out of that.

It was a fun morning when I woke up and the first thread I saw in TFF was "Shawne Merriman beat the poo poo out of Tila Tequila"

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

SA2K posted:

You don't think Seahawks fans would be mad if they moved the team to Spokane? Or if the Browns or Bengals moved to Columbus?

I don't believe there is an entire major mountain range and a separate climate between Carson and San Diego, but keep on keeping on.

And if the Seahawks moved to, say, Portland or Forks I'd at least understand the issue and stick to rooting for them. But Spokane? gently caress that noise.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If you don't think the climate in San Diego and Los Angeles are different, you've never been to California

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Maybe not a major mountain range, but there are several small mountain ranges. And they're classified as two separate climate zones.

But thanks for your arbitrary guidelines to what makes relocating a franchise ok and not ok.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
LA times is literally running front page stories on every thing having to do with the NFL in LA. It's basically every other day right now and that's not an exaggeration.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-labor-group-inglewood-stadium-20150312-story.html

Tough to read this as either one of the other projects playing games(cause AEG is out now) or just trying to get some negotiation leverage on what looks to be the most likely winner. I think it's the latter.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Zypher posted:

Maybe not a major mountain range, but there are several small mountain ranges. And they're classified as two separate climate zones.

But thanks for your arbitrary guidelines to what makes relocating a franchise ok and not ok.

All guidelines for everything are arbitrary.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

All guidelines for everything are arbitrary.

Are you a sociology major?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SA2K posted:

Are you a sociology major?

Pothead philosophy burnout.

Edit
For what it is worth, I understand why you wouldn't cheer for the Chargers if they moved to Carson. Same reason I wouldn't cheer for the Sharks if they moved to San Francisco.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The other day the guys at work asked me what my major was and I told them I went to the school of hard knocks

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

The other day the guys at work asked me what my major was and I told them I went to the school of hard knocks

I told somebody I went to "Balled So Hard University" and they told me they support Paterno too. :smith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

lmao

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Zypher posted:

Call me when there is a mountain pass closure on I-5 or w/e that bisects those two obviously wholly disparate climate zones.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

SA2K posted:

If you don't think the climate in San Diego and Los Angeles are different, you've never been to California

I mean, one is dry and hot, the other one is more dry and more hot. They're not exactly night and day.

Also, a proper comparison for Seattle would be moving the team down to Tacoma, as it's roughly the same distance/drive time and they have distinguishable climates.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Zurreco posted:

I mean, one is dry and hot, the other one is more dry and more hot. They're not exactly night and day.

On the other hand, they're as culturally different Colorado Springs and Berkeley.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

In what universe is San Diego dry and hot? I mean, sure, you might need to use the air conditioner for two weeks out of the year, but that's not a hot climate.

It's pleasant for like 350 days a year. Compared to Los Angeles which is an arid desert.

Climate chat

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
pssssh california and its nonweather. Midwest is where its at, one week it snows and the next its in the 60's(fahrenheit) :smugdog:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

pssssh california and its nonweather. Midwest is where its at, one week it snows and the next its in the 60's(fahrenheit) :smugdog:

There are those two weeks every year where things are perfect.

Then you start thinking about how to act like seasons are a good thing on the internet in hopes of drawing other people in so they can share your pain.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

SA2K posted:

In what universe is San Diego dry and hot? I mean, sure, you might need to use the air conditioner for two weeks out of the year, but that's not a hot climate.

It's pleasant for like 350 days a year. Compared to Los Angeles which is an arid desert.

Climate chat

I moved there from Chicago and even after ~15 years living there I never got used to the heat or the dryness. It even gets exacerbated by the Santa Ana winds, which is essentially heat and dryness incarnate. San Diego is literally a desert.

Zurreco fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 13, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Everything south of Santa Barbara/Ventura is a desert wasteland suckling at the teat of Northern California water supplies

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Zurreco posted:

I moved there from Chicago and even after ~15 years living there I never got used to the heat or the dryness. San Diego is literally a desert.

Well when your baseline is "lovely cold Midwestern weather", I guess you don't know how to react to it feeling nice outside

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

SA2K posted:

Well when your baseline is "lovely cold Midwestern weather", I guess you don't know how to react to it feeling nice outside

Everyone I know who has lived in both Southern CA and somewhere with actual weather patterns has distinctively preferred the latter. Leaving SD was one of the best things I ever did for myself.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Zurreco posted:

Everyone I know who has lived in both Southern CA and somewhere with actual weather patterns has distinctively preferred the latter. Leaving SD was one of the best things I ever did for myself.

Having lived in both, gently caress the cold, I'll live in a place I actually enjoy living.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Everything south of Santa Barbara/Ventura is a desert wasteland suckling at the teat of Northern California water supplies

The biggest culture shock, moving from NorCal to socal, was just how green every motherfucker in LA keeps their lawn. Back home everyone posts on Facebook about not washing their car, taking shorter showers, etc. My parents haven't kept their lawn bright green in a few years because of the drought, and neither have most of their neighbors.

Living in San Bernardino County now: dude in the apartment next to mine goes out to water the sidewalk every day. :psyduck::ca:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
It's like 90 degrees in San Diego today. I should go to the beach or something.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

We are all Californians and should all unite in our disapproval of people in the central valley

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SA2K posted:

We are all Californians and should all unite in our disapproval of people in the central valley

They grow food and meth, what does your end bring to the state?

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

SA2K posted:

but they grow all of our food

and meth

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

u want ur freaking water back? ok you can have it *throws u into an above ground pool* haha, well, see ya *turns on all the faucets in the house and kickflips off into the distance*

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

SA2K posted:

Climate chat

Not really. It works the same way in both places

by the beach where rich people live=pleasant
inland away from the beach=arid hell

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

LEGO Genetics posted:

but they grow all of our food

and meth

:stare: was this serendipity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

u want ur freaking water back? ok you can have it *throws u into an above ground pool* haha, well, see ya *turns on all the faucets in the house and kickflips off into the distance*

Nooo my drought :(

Chichevache posted:

The biggest culture shock, moving from NorCal to socal, was just how green every motherfucker in LA keeps their lawn. Back home everyone posts on Facebook about not washing their car, taking shorter showers, etc. My parents haven't kept their lawn bright green in a few years because of the drought, and neither have most of their neighbors.

Living in San Bernardino County now: dude in the apartment next to mine goes out to water the sidewalk every day. :psyduck::ca:

California is rapidly running out of water and SoCal people are fighting FIGHTING for their rights to do that poo poo. It's so frustrating.

• Locked thread