Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The Glumslinger posted:

The LA Times had a little slideshow of the current proposed stadiums, and also included a drawing of a proposed Carson stadium from the 90s:

Look at that loving thing, it amazing

Looks like an NFL Blitz themed stadium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Do you think the NFL will issue a dickish public statement to take shots at St. Louis and San Diego? It seems like something Goodell would do.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The LA Coliseum is gonna be so empty.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chinatown posted:

i feel this is an appropriate video

https://youtu.be/0-d-Hf5Zzn4

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I have a friend who has lived in LA their entire life contemplating moving to Detroit, just to get out of LA.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Actually, Columbus is about three hours and fifteen minutes away from Detroit. Grand Rapids is about two hours from Detroit, move the Lions to Grand Rapids, you take them, you cheap Dutch bastards

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MechaFrogzilla posted:

How about Toledo? The point was not distance, it was about sticking them in Ohio, where no self-respecting Michigander would want to follow them.

I want to punish Grand Rapids though

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Febreeze posted:

I drove from Maryland to Oregon and it loving owned, saw all kinds of cool poo poo, plus I got stuck in a blizzard in western nebraska and had to draft an 18 wheeler in my little honda for 50 miles.

But seriously if you are an American you owe it to yourself to do a cross country road trip at some point in your life.

I went from Detroit to Denver this year, it was awesome. In parts.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Sash! posted:

A lot of Eastern cities are right on state borders for some reason.

Rivers, and bodies of water.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Reno is a shithole filled with abusive people that somehow aren't allowed to live in Florida.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Grittybeard posted:

Since I never look at hockey threads before the playoffs what's up with the Golden Knights maybe getting sued by the Army? I mean I know about the parachute team and all but is there a chance they actually have to change names?

The organization is totally and entirely staffed with incompetents, hopefully they have to change the name.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

shirts and skins posted:

Agreed. The city has made noise about making them change the name if they move in though.

Snyder tried for years to make FedEx as inaccessible as possible, even barring people from walking in from Metro/off-site parking until he lost a suit over it. But, it turns out, when you make it a pain in the rear end to get to your stadium, people don't want to go! Crazy stuff.

Are there any articles that easily explain this story?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Volkerball posted:

not sure if the tickets will be outrageously expensive, or dirt cheap. probably the latter.

They will be outrageously expensive, then dumped for dirt cheap on StubHub.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

a neat cape posted:

What are the average capacity for NHL arenas vs soccer stadiums?

NHL is typically around 20,000, soccer is usually more.

Soccer has more space around the playing surface, and tend to be outside with a roof over the stands only.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Nail Rat posted:

It's basically just since they were an expansion team that they've been god awful, before that they had periods of badness but nothing out of the ordinary at all. Yeah they hadn't won a Super Bowl through the first 30 but a bunch of teams hadn't.

Through Super Bowl 30, here's who won, hadn't won before, and hadn't played.

Won: Green Bay, NY Jets, Kansas City, Baltimore (Colts), Dallas, Miami, Pittsburgh, Oakland, San Francisco, Washington, Chicago, NY Giants.

Hadn't won: Minnesota, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, New England, Buffalo, Denver, San Diego

Hadn't played: Detroit, Seattle, Arizona, Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Cleveland, Baltimore (Ravens), Indianapolis, Houston/Tennessee, Jacksonville.

Through today, here are those same lists.

Won: Green Bay, NY Jets, Kansas City, Baltimore (Colts), Dallas, Miami, Pittsburgh, Oakland, San Francisco, Washington, Chicago, NY Giants, Denver, Los Angeles/St. Louis, Baltimore (Ravens), New England, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle,

Hadn't won: Minnesota, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Buffalo, San Diego, Atlanta, Tennessee, Carolina, Arizona.

Hadn't played: Detroit, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Houston.

The Lions are the worst team, as the only ones going 0 for 50 in even making the Super Bowl. Then Cleveland.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/TBLightning/status/819596619943440384

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Honestly happy for the city of San Diego. gently caress NFL owners.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Of all the things to find today, I found a $25 PF Chang's gift card while cleaning up some boxes tonight.

If any Chargers fans would like some free PF Chang's, please let me know.

I am serious, this isn't a joke.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

a neat cape posted:

I want the Changs

You don't have private messaging. How can I get you the Chang's?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
An email has been sent with the gift card attached.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Volkerball posted:

if you see mark davis there tell him i said sup

Mark Davis is a Hooters man, everyone knows this

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Volkerball posted:

mark eats at the same pf changs almost every day

I...wow. That's incredible.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

iospace posted:

Not sure if good idea or bad idea

The Rams and Chargers barely count as professional football teams.

It's like LA was a two-team city like New York, but both teams were the Jets.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Spoeank posted:

Mm hmm.

Mm hmm.

How many NFL teams does St. Louis have though

How many Super Bowl wins does St. Louis have

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chris James 2 posted:

Apparently after seeing the backlash in San Diego over the Chargers moving to LA, the NFL is worried about riots at the Oakland Coliseum if the Raiders announce they're moving to Las Vegas and still have to play in the OCo for the next few years. Looks like if the Raiders move to Vegas they are going to try and cut and run, and not play in Oakland next year.

Isn't that stadium already ruins?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chris James 2 posted:

Burning it down would be doing both teams a favor but the league understandably doesn't want that airing on live TV or the audio being on radio

It'd be the one thing that would get me to tune into Thursday Night Football, that's for sure.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I think they should tear down the center field seats and bring the views back to the Oakland Coliseum.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Rumor is that Phil Michelson loves watching his wife get hosed by other rich men so I'm not surprised he's cool with his beloved city getting the same treatment.

That is some rumor!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Volkerball posted:

Like that time he cheated on his fiance with his best friend's wife, and then kept banging her even after his best friend found out and told her if she ever saw Marcus again he'd murder her lol.

Good times, hopefully nothing happened to that woman

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

warcrimes posted:

gently caress off trash

What?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

warcrimes posted:

Is posting while drunk as gently caress still probateable? Asking for a friend(who apologizes for that rude post).

Are you drunk? Why are you mad?

Is this pro Marcus Allen, or against?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Kevyn posted:

LOL, the NFL's gonna beat the NHL to Vegas by like a month.

This is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

I was neutral towards the Raiders moving, but now that a sworn enemy is happy about it, I am mad that they are moving

• Locked thread