Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
So which team is moving to San Antonio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Seems like we'd save ourselves a lot of grief if we built stadiums to last 500 years.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

So is the Raiders' new stadium going to be in San Marcos or New Braunfels?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Nobody should have to change divisions right?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67giTyfNkLw&t=40s

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

How much money do teams make from people actually coming to games compared to what they make from TV (which is split equally right?)? Or is it more about merch and brand value?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Why would anybody build an enclosed stadium in Los Angeles?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Who would Chargers fan root for if not the Chargers? They're still going to be the closest team...

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If we ever get that GTA V story DLC I hope this is what it's about.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

kiimo posted:

I mean, I'm not trying to derail but it's one of the few places where in less than two hours you can be in like five different climate zones. I personally ski a lot, go to wine country a lot, hike a lot and camp a lot. You don't get that in KC where I'm from. It's an 8 hour drive to Chicago which is largely the same.

Finally someone to speak up for Los Angeles, one of America's hidden gems.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

evilweasel posted:

so did baltimore, that's why the colts fled in the dead of night because maryland was about to eminent domain their asses

Wow sounds like they deserved what they got if they were trying to pull that poo poo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The New Braunfels Solution

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It doesn't have a greater than 50% chance of happening, but doesn't San Diego staying put and the Raiders going to LA seem like a plausible outcome?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

computer parts posted:

Yes, if by some miracle the Chargers run out the clock without committing then the Raiders would probably go to LA.

Seems like the best outcome for everyone, seems like the Raiders have a lot more built-in fandom in LA than the Chargers. The Chargers must have some interest in leveraging the city and staying in SD or else what's the purpose of this 12 month ultimatum?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Zypher posted:

ESPN's effort post on the LA relocation made it seem like the Raiders were hardly even considered because the old white men running things were scared of how LA gangs had previously co-opted Raiders swag.

How many deaths are we going to have to hear about because people are unwilling to let go of their Raiders snapbacks? :fireman:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

warcrimes posted:

St Louis is market 20 and not a traditional small market in any sense of the word when it comes to baseball. Miami and AZ basically bought championships then immediately dismantled their teams. KC is the one exception I mentioned and is almost immediately being picked apart.

The lack of a salary cap likely aided Miami and AZ in buying said championships. It allows small market teams to bide their time and go for it when all the pieces are in place, rather than having a strict ceiling and floor that force them to plod along in mediocrity forever, like roughly 80% of NBA franchises.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I forgot what this thread was about, why don't the Raiders just play in UNLV's stadium for a year or two before their stadium is done? I know Davis said he wants everything to be perfect when they move in, but having a soft launch in a small stadium in their new city has got to be better than playing in front of small and likely hostile crowds in Oakland for three years. Especially since the team looks to be competitive in the short term future, why not use that as an opportunity to build some excitement and good will in Las Vegas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah, I figured if something as small as Stub Hub got the okay I'd think they could get the NFL's blessing on Sam Boyd, though I'm sure Stub Hub is nicer and newer. But if they think they'll still draw crowds in Oakland I guess it makes sense to stay.

• Locked thread