Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

SA2K posted:

Man, fans of teams that will never move coming in here and talking about how awesome and cool at is that two fanbases are about to lose their teams is a special kind of hosed up.

THANK YOU!

By the way, judging fanbases by how many of their hats or whatever you see is dumb. Everyone in St. Louis owns a Cardinals hat (and loves wearing them). I don't even really like baseball and I own one. No one owns a Rams hat - really who owns football hats that aren't stocking caps?

the mean lunch lady fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Goal: Raiders and Chargers stay, massive useless Los Angeles stadium built, Rams stay in STL, LA loses. We all win

plz this

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

SA2K posted:

The Rams are kinda good though

They're so close to being good ughhhhh

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Here's a video of the stadium St. Louis is building. It looks pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQkGOSnJ9rY

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
monster truck jams

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Ross Angeles posted:

There are three plans.

1.) Inglewood. This is the land around Hollywood Park that Stan Kroenke owns and plans to develop and build a stadium on. As of now, this is the plan that is furthest along and probably means the Rams are gone.

2.) Carson. This is the 168 acres in Carson, CA that is jointly owned by the Chargers and Raiders. Myself and many others believe that this will never happen because the NFL doesn't want two stadiums in LA. Plus the site would have to go through years of decontamination and political red tape before a shovel goes into the ground.

3.) San Diego. The CSAG (Citizens Stadium Advisory Group) has presented the mayor and Chargers the framework for a new stadium in San Diego, at the current Qualcomm site. The team and city are currently in negotiations over it.

There's no plan in Oakland.

There's also the St. Louis plan.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Eifert Posting posted:

I won't be happy if there's a pro team in St. Louis. Let the "best fans in baseball" have baseball.

no plz

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Another thing that's out there is

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/bernie-can-stl-be-the-next-cleveland-in-nfl/article_ea2bb1a4-9219-5ab1-9065-ed0611c4df97.html posted:

"2. The NFL makes a Denver deal with Kroenke, who would be given first-in-line status to purchase the Denver Broncos should the franchise go up for sale in the next several years. This would undoubtedly have some appeal for Kroenke, who owns Denver-based teams in the NHL, NBA and MLS. By adding the Broncos to his properties, Kroenke would no longer be in violation of the NFL's rule prohibiting cross ownership.

The NFL would approach Kroenke with this promise: plan on staying in St. Louis and moving into the new riverfront stadium, and we'll take care of you when the Broncos become available.

But this is no longer such a simple scenario. With owner Pat Bowlen's health in serious decline, the Broncos are currently held by a family trust. Under the old NFL rules, there'd be some financial pressure for Bowlen's children to sell the franchise to avoid massive inheritance taxes. But with the new NFL ownership rules, the Bowlen's heirs have a better chance of keeping the team.

That would change only if they wanted to sell. In that case, Kroenke could purchase the team and sell the Rams to new ownership that keeps the team in St. Louis. But all of that depends on the Bowlen family.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Benne posted:

The only real solution is to bulldoze St. Louis to the ground, and all Cardinals fans with it

RUDE

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Chilichimp posted:

Raiders to SA, Rams to LA, Chargers remain.

I can live with this poo poo right here. I'm sure only Oakland fans would be put out (what's left of them) and there are no Rams fans left.

So much side eye right now

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Benne posted:

Crossposting from N/V: St. Louis judge just ruled that a public stadium doesn't need a vote to use city funds.

I'm sure this will go over well http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/article_51c33b67-9b72-5055-ba56-94cc9e1b46e2.html#.Vb-hJi52tcd.twitter

You wouldn't be able to tell if people cared or not. If you read the comments on STLToday on stories about the Rams moving, the only people posting are: A) people from LA and B) people from St. Louis that only like the Cardinals (true assholes).

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

zen death robot posted:

The Post Dispatch uses Facebook for its comments, of course it's all old people complaining.

Oh god you don't need to tell me. All the people that post on the Rams stories not about possibly moving are horrible old people.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Athanatos posted:

I'd wager STL does not follow this rule. Even during the Greatest Show on Turf years, it was kinda like "This is nice, but when does baseball start back up?"

They'd need something more than decent to pull numbers.

Uh, what?

The Dome was rocking in the GSOT days. Just look at the boxscores for the games from then. Early in '99 they weren't selling out because they were terrible the season, but later in the year and through 2001, they sold out every game.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Athanatos posted:

I dont think even a decent QB would get STL back to that point though. It would take a really loving good team to pull them away from baseball again.

Even sellingout every game it still felt like a baseball town at the pinnacle of NFL-dom in the city.

And at this point so far down, it's a long way to climb out of the fan hole they've dug themselves.

They're not that far from selling out and it's not like the Cardinals and Rams play at the same time that often anyway. If the Rams were good, St. Louis would definitely strongly support them again.

The Cardinals have been in St. Louis for over 100 years and good most of the time. The Rams have been there only 20 and have been bad the majority of the time. They get pretty good support despite that.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Metapod posted:

The best way for this to end

DISAGREE

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Zurreco posted:

Residents would actually want them there. Residents could also probably afford to go to games.
Texas can handle three teams. Missouri can barely justify having one.
Color scheme matches Spurs.
St Louis is going downhill incredibly fast while SA is actually kind of getting good at a healthy rate.

St. Louis city might be going downhill, but the suburbs are where everyone lives and STL still has a larger metropolitan area than San Antonio by a lot. The Rams aren't moving from a lack of support, they're moving because the owner wants the team to be worth more. Missouri can definitely justify having more than one team. It's not like the St. Louis and Kansas City are super close together where people from St. Louis wouldn't mind driving to see the Chiefs.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Tank44 posted:

Challenger Space Shuttle explosion in like 3rd grade. Boom! 1986... When St Louis was in similar stages to lose the NFL Cardinals.

The Cardinals leaving was St. Louis not wanting to build a stadium for a poo poo rear end team that was only good three seasons out of the 27 it was there, as well as bad attendance problems. At least this time they're willing to build one.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
:smith:

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Alaois posted:

no, he can't, for reasons he can not and will not explain

LA is an evil city and Anaheim is entirely different

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Ross Angeles posted:

How are you so sure you'd have won the AFCCG and Superbowl in 2001? The Rams were pretty good.

:smith:

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Ron Jeremy posted:

So were the Raiders. Gannon throwing the T Brown and Jerry Rice? Lawd have mercy...

Pure Homer. I'm not sure, but I think so.

Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt were pretty good too, I guess?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Grittybeard posted:

gently caress Isaac Bruce for religiously making GBS threads on Derrick Thomas though.

Wait, what?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Grittybeard posted:

He got in a wreck around the same time Derrick did and claimed he threw his hands in the air and yelled Jesus Christ and that's why he was fine. He imagined DT didn't do that and that's why he was paralyzed and is now dead.

drat what a dick

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Dis good. I hope they have someone to build it for.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Grittybeard posted:

Budweiser doesn't own itself anymore. It would have to be...ummm...hmm. Harley Race's Wrestling Academy?

Apparently whatever Busch that owns Kräftig is pretty well off, maybe he could do it.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Best ending, no one moves to LA, LA continues to suck

agreed

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Ross Angeles posted:

It would be cool if Oakland, San Diego, and St. Louis would put their feet down and not give in to what the teams want, and Oakland and San Diego are doing that. St. Louis is loving everything up.

The people behind building the new stadium in St. Louis aren't giving in to what the team wants. Stan Kroenke wants to move to make more money, not because the stadium's bad. Sure the terms of the lease were broken leading to this, but the lease would only be good for 10 more years anyway. They are just showing the NFL they're willing to do whatever to keep the team there (which is fine to me because the EJD sucks a lot and the new stadium is outdoor and looks cool.)

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Volkerball posted:

The Raiders will go to a random city that hasn't even been mentioned before they stay in Oakland. The question is how long they stay on 1 year rentals of the Coliseum before they get something worked out to move. If they aren't a part of the LA deal, then the process of relocation starts at square 1 with no LA on the table, and it might be another 3-4 years before the Raiders play in a new stadium. I highly doubt it will by StL or SD though, because if those cities are capable of providing a deal for the NFL, then there's incentive for the owners to force the teams in those cities to get one done rather than do a swap for no reason.

St. Louis has a stadium all ready to build. They just need a commitment from Stan (or someone else I guess).

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I feel like the league is going to approve the Raiders and Chargers moving, since St. Louis actually has a plan and funding secured. The stadium task force worked closely with the the relocation committee to get it right.

Of course I'll be wrong and without a team by next week

WOO

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

axeil posted:

gently caress that, the NFL should force them to work together. It's the only plan that makes sense. The Raiders absolutely have to have a new stadium, the Colosseum is literally falling apart and needs Solo cups everywhere to keep water from flooding things.

The Chargers also need a new stadium though

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

b-minus1 posted:

The Rams are going to move to LA and go 13-3 the first year, and I will kill myself.

Ahem, if Jeff Fisher is still their coach, they will go 8-8 next year, then in 2017 go 13-3. This is canon (Every 9 years his teams go 13-3).

chupacabraTERROR posted:

I just don't see why the city should have to pay for the stadium, period. LA isn't going to pay for the Carson stadium, why should cities like SD who are too broke to fix potholes shovel cash into Spanos' pockets? SD has had its issues in the past 15 years with the pension crisis and lovely leaders, and now that they seem to be turning a new leaf, a billionaire comes in and demands a bunch of cash. If that's how the NFL works these days then good riddance. It's been like this for quite a while and to be honest I'm glad someone stood up to them and called their bluff.

Dean Spanos claims they have to move to LA, so the Rams don't move there and steal the southern California market. Pretty triflin' imo

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

zen death robot posted:

So will Kronke ragequit the NFL when he can't move the team to LA?

A conspiracy out there is if he can't move the Rams, the NFL will let him buy the Broncos and sell the Rams to someone who will keep them in St. Louis.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

He claims STL cannot support 3 pro sports franchises. Yes, that is really an NFL owner pleading publicly that he cannot compete with an NHL team. I love the Blues, but give me a loving break.

RIGHT?! I brought this up when I was talking to my friends about this and Kroenke is complaining about somehow losing out to what it easily at best the 4th most popular sports in America, at a time when the Blues are one of the best teams in the NHL. gently caress outta here with that reasoning.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

zen death robot posted:

It's kind of interesting that Kroenke went so far as to say that nearly every city in the US is better suited for an NFL team than St Louis. I don't know if that'll effect the eventual vote at all but that's a hell of a thing to essentially pitch to that a city is poisonous to the league.

he's a dickhead

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Volkerball posted:

Pro-Rams rally at the coliseum.

those little airplane text things are a lot smaller than i thought

FUCKIN PACKED

Dang what's that like 1000 people?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Volkerball posted:

i'm like 4 hours north of st louis and i only get nfc north games lol.

I mean that would put you in Bears territory.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

b-minus1 posted:

There's no chance St. Louis comes out on top when the dust settles. We're hosed

such bullshit

St. Louis makes a strong attempt to keep the Rams and it doesn't even loving matter

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Qwijib0 posted:

Cards would be this way still if Michael Bidwill hadn't taken over the team, Bill gave no fucks about winning.

The sweetheart stadium deal that Bill whined for and got is also having solvency problems because of lower tax revenues from depressed tourism. And it only cost $450M.

gently caress Bill Bidwell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Please just end this poo poo so I can quit cheering for my dumb football team if need be

• Locked thread