Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If the Chargers and Raiders move there, the Rams won't. They won't have 3 LA teams. There's no way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SA2K posted:

I have to believe that this is going to make either the city of San Diego or the city of Oakland cave

I would definitely prefer that over sharing a stadium. Especially since I'm pretty sure the A's already have their situation figured out, so if Oakland caved, it would just be for the Raiders, and could be all personalized and decked out in silver and black like the niners new stadium.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

axeil posted:

Move the entire AFC West there. The brawls would be spectacular.

LA doesn't deserve a guaranteed playoff team every year.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
IIRC i think they made a deal to tear down the coliseum and build a new stadium there.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Volkerball posted:

IIRC i think they made a deal to tear down the coliseum and build a new stadium there.

No, I didn't RC. The A's are looking into renovations at the Coliseum and moving forward with that. The Raiders can only stay in Oakland if there's a new stadium, which would be the joint "Coliseum City" with a stadium for both the Raiders and A's right next to each other. If the A's aren't on board with that plan, the Raiders don't get a stadium.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MourningView posted:

If the Raiders move they better tear down Mt. Davis and get the rad view of the hills again. That was a gorgeous baseball stadium before they added a bunch of poo poo to convince Davis to come back.

I don't see why they wouldn't if it was just the A's stadium.

One thing worth noting is that Mark Davis is 100% the poorest owner in the NFL, so if it comes down to three teams trying to compete for two spots at the LA Stadium, despite having the biggest fan base there, the Raiders probably lose. Unless this guy

can make friends with some hedge fund guys and F500 CEO's.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

seiferguy posted:

Admittedly I'm not too familiar with the Raiders' history but whenever a potential team moving comes up, all the fans of said team get upset (see: Chargers fans in this case) but Raiders fans are perfectly content with the team moving to the other side of the state. I know the Raiders were in LA for awhile, but it seems like no one in Oakland cares about them, or even the fans in Oakland are like "yeah they should move" because the Coliseum is that terrible.

The Raider fans in Oakland I know are not content at all with it, but it's basically the polar opposite of the Colts sneaking off to Indy in the middle of the night. It's the city that is going to be held accountable for this, not Davis. They've been living off 1 year leases in one of the 2 or 3 shittiest stadiums in the entire league for like 5 years trying to get a deal done, and it's just not happening. And Oakland fans are a rabid mob who would still stab people for saying the wrong thing about the team if it moved to London.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I guess the moral is that only midwesterners who took off for LA to pursue an acting career read the LA times.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nail Rat posted:

:confused: There are a lot more Raiders fans in the midwest than Rams fans. It's not even close.

I know one Raider fan (yours truly) and 0 Rams fans 4 hours north of St. Louis, so this holds up.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

i feel bad for how lovely everyone elses fan base is

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NC-17 posted:

What's the backstory behind those photos?

Raiders/Chargers season opener last year. The 2012 edition was better though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-59CrWrr4

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Chargers will stay, Kroenke will get his stadium, Raiders are hosed. It is known.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Parmesan Basil posted:

I wish it had fallen in the ocean.

No, even better. I live in Iowa and I basically want for nothing in life. You just can't get this kind of living on a lovely coast.

you get what you pay for

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Parmesan Basil posted:

A coast person pays to be near a dangerously massive puddle of water they can't drink. Meanwhile, I pay for land I can use for a million things. Check and mate, coastal putz!

you can plant poo poo, and you can hunt. that's two.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The NFL gets final say. If both deals end up working out, then the owners can decide how it plays out.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zeitgueist posted:

I don't think the NFL digs shared stadiums

16 home games in LA is pretty enticing.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
that better be marble on the outside

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

AsInHowe posted:

Looks like an NFL Blitz themed stadium.

Needs a sand covered field with mines all over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrb0bc3C0kY

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chilichimp posted:

I'd go for a football stadium that's done up to look like the actual Roman Colisseum. Would own and also just completely troll the "football is too violent, American is going down the terlit, mnyaaaaaah" people.

Build the stadium out of marble, and instead of the black eyed peas, throw on hans zimmer in between plays. Legit want a roman themed team now.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bivens posted:

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/Oakland-Raiders-urged-to-consider-football-only-6126480.php

good news is they could save money on demolition, as all you'd have to do is look at the Coliseum funny and it'll collapse

gently caress that idea

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I could definitely get behind the Mexico City Bandidos.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alouicious posted:

i'd prefer the Guadalajara Guardebosques

if they wouldn't play in estadio azteca what's even the point

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oakland and Alameda county are still trying to get Coliseum City thing done, so basically, no one has any loving idea what's going on anymore.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/breaking-news/ci_27754792/oakland-alameda-county-moving-forward-together-coliseum-city

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Logos on jerseys is amateur poo poo.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What's to stop him from just retiring if he doesn't want to move from San Diego? Dude's no spring chicken, and he probably could have gotten by perfectly happy on 25k a year.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
One thing to keep in mind is that even with all the money in the world, Kroenke has to rely on NFL approval. If Kroenke gets all his poo poo sorted in a week with room to spare, and Carson ekes itself into being workable after months of nitpicking, the NFL can, and likely would, approve the Carson deal and tell Kroenke to suck it up. So it's irrelevant which deals seem more likely to go through the approval process, because as long as both of them do get approved, the NFL can take its pick.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if you fuckers make us move in with the 49ers i swear to god ross

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
we just want our own skull palace where we can blast dr dre. :sigh:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Krispy kreme is where it's at.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

The City of Oakland has said they won't put any public money into a stadium.

If I'm Mark Davis, I'm already calling Stan Kroenke and asking how much my rent is going to be.

Football. Stadiums. LA. San Diego. Oakland.

gently caress you too Oakland.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Qualcomm Stadium as a temporary home beats Oakland's Coliseum.

The faintest praise.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If the Raiders leave Oakland and move to Qualcomm, they would literally be moving from the worst stadium in the NFL to the worst stadium in the NFL.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There's the Coliseum City plan in Oakland, but that seems to be Oakland trying to look like they're doing something.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ron Jeremy posted:

Autumn is coming.

just checked and it's still winter.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

It's to the point where I'm just emotionally exhausted by it. Just get it over with, one way or the other

Same. Thankfully I don't live in Oakland or this would be hell.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

hahahaha. This probation is ridiculous.

welcome to spergerdome, bitch. anyways, the raiders are definitely leaving.

quote:

The proposal is officially confidential, but it became available to the Bay Area News group who shared it with Marc Ganis, president of the consulting firm SportsCorp Ltd. and a veteran of numerous NFL stadium deals, including the one that brought the Raiders back from Los Angeles.

"This is not just the worst stadium proposal I've seen," Ganis said. "It's the worst by far."

"I can't think of any sports team owner that would take a proposal like this even remotely seriously," Ganis said. "It's so one-sided and so bad, that it's almost as if local leaders are saying 'we can't really do anything, so go ahead and leave.' "

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i'm pretty sure that question is going to ensure that the raiders end up in la. it's either that or they'll rent the coliseum yearly until it gets condemned and then move to like, albany.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Henchman of Santa posted:

Exactly. They look the same, but are the opposite in every other way.

The Raiders owned the 1900's, and the Spurs own the 2000's.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

Jerry Jones will never allow it

it will be his last dying gift in the memory of al

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

the biggest tragedy of the Chargers moving would be the inability to use this anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naB5_32y1UQ

easily outweighed by the fact that this would still be applicable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bLyjcXQmF0

• Locked thread