Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Combine the Chargers and Raiders into one franchise, then use the excess players to form the roster of the new London team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

Franz Kafka, is that you?!

As Ross awoke one morning from troubled dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a monstrous obese man wearing spiked shoulder pads

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DJExile posted:

The NBA has admitted they're going to have them soon and I'm betting the NHL won't be far behind. There's no way it doesn't happen in the NFL soon enough.

Hell, look how much companies pay to be primary shirt sponsors for Premier League teams.

Soccer is the most popular sport on earth and doesn't have commercials during the game so it makes the most sense there. I would not be shocked if they happened in the NFL but the Premier League isn't a great comparison.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Raiders would be great in San Antonio because they're like the nega-Spurs

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

They already have the right color scheme for SA

Exactly. They look the same, but are the opposite in every other way.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
CityLab did a piece on how Angelenos might choose their team in the event of two moving: http://www.citylab.com/work/2016/01/its-time-for-la-fans-to-decide-chargers-or-rams/424161/?utm_source=atlfb

Sound accurate? I've only bee to SoCal a couple of times and don't know any sports fans from there.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Zurreco posted:

I almost got one when I moved up to Seattle because it's a win-win situation: I get a stupid license plate and the city gets a little more money to spend on important stuff. Then I remembered that DAG_YO was only going to get attention from people who wanted an explanation or, worse, people who actually got the reference and wanted to talk about it. Also, ZURRECO fits great but I don't want to accidentally cut someone off and then have them find all of my lovely SA posts when they stalk me later on.

...Homestar Runner?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Did the Bears play at Illinois stadium while Soldier Field was getting renovations or am I making that up?

I guess looking it up it isn't that crazy, Memorial Stadium held about 70k back then, which is a lot bigger than I was thinking it would be. I'm sure it wasn't particularly nice, but it was big enough.

Also the Vikings have been playing at the university for two or three years

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Just cross the border and play in Tijuana

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

v2vian man posted:

yeah traffic sucks if you move to naperville. i pay 1k a month for a two bedroom in avondale. it's not that bad

I also live in Avondale and it's great but traffic is loving terrible everywhere. I work downtown and only drive there on Sundays and it still occasionally takes 45 minutes to get there for seemingly no reason. Traffic and the winter are brutal, but I love everything else about the city.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I like the really old school Rams uniforms with white horns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Why do team names have to be badass and xxxtreme

I love goofy team names, like the New Orleans Pelicans. That's awesome. If anything they should have made the logo way goofier, like the KU Jayhawk.

Pelicans are nightmare birds built for murder even if they don't look at it.

Mascot XTREMEness is tied to the sport anyway. Football has a bunch of predatory animals and violent humans. Basketball has more things that invoke how the game is played (Magic, Jazz). Baseball is full of old timey nicknames based on uniform color and poo poo like that.

• Locked thread