Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Toilet Mouth posted:

It doesn't have a greater than 50% chance of happening, but doesn't San Diego staying put and the Raiders going to LA seem like a plausible outcome?

Yes, if by some miracle the Chargers run out the clock without committing then the Raiders would probably go to LA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

v2vian man posted:

the chargers got 12 months just to see if some dumbass city councilperson panics and comes running in with billions in public money

Pretty much. Also Spanos would prefer not being a junior partner.

I don't think Davis really cares one way or the other because they're the loving Raiders in Los Angeles.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

zen death robot posted:

Kroenke has to die first, give it 20 years then his wife will be sick of the west coast and want to move the Rams to her hometown of Bentonville, Arkansas

The Walton Rams.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Zurreco posted:

You know how SD Charger fans would not travel to LA for games? SD Raider fans would make that drive in a heartbeat.

A fairly significant portion of the Oakland ticket holders drive up from LA every week.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Glass of Milk posted:

Playing devil's advocate, if you're going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars, invest in infrastructure, business development, etc. How about a non-lovely public transportation system?

What are you thinking? Keep in mind San Diego isn't exactly compact.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Volkerball posted:

The Raiders have no reason to bluff now, so this increasing chatter with Las Vegas is interesting.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/business/tourism/raiders-owner-mark-davis-address-state-panel-discuss-proposed-stadium-move-las

I wonder if Mark would pursue this over moving into the Kroenkhouse if the Chargers end up staying in SD.

Normally I'd say he'd have to be insane to not go to LA if possible, but Vegas might be the exception.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I love how this has gone from "Vegas is maybe a pipe dream" to "oh wow this might actually happen" in just like 4 months.

Also I'd definitely head to Vegas for at least one game.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

As someone that knows nothing about Vegas' public transportation would it be viable to have the monorail go to the proposed stadium site or would that be insane/impossible?

I dunno, but this does remind me there's a plan to build a train from Vegas to LA. I think they might be building it now.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kirios posted:

While I had California plates on my car Portland drivers were massive assholes, consistently honking, refusing to let me over, etc. As soon as I got Oregon plates that completely changed.

This will happen anywhere in the West. You might even get lynched if it's Idaho.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
We used to play the "spot all the license plates" game when I was a kid since there was nothing else to do when driving from idaho to the oregon coast. We saw all of the states except Delaware, because those fuckers must never get out.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sash! posted:

A lot of Eastern cities are right on state borders for some reason.

Not much room to be anywhere else.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

effectual posted:

So if neither oakland or vegas put up much cash, what will the Raiders do? Stay in old Oco a few more years then try again?

San Antonio. :getin:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The Glumslinger posted:

Sorry, I think you meant to post this photo

Future San Antonio Raiders stadium.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Well poo poo, I'm going to Vegas in the near future.

Keyser S0ze posted:

Hybrid Darth Raider/Immortan Joe/Bucky Larson/Gorilla dude avs

+ Optimus Prime

computer parts fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 15, 2016

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

v2vian man posted:

Again, if not for the stadium, they could have that tax and better schools or public services

They're raising the tax for that payment.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kiimo posted:

They can serve their food in the concessions though. Can't wait to see what insane poo poo they put up trying to compete with Green Bay.

How do you put chicken tikka masala on a stick?

At least China is well prepared for that:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chris James 2 posted:

Didn't we just have years of people saying LA and Vegas were never getting a team

Hell, we even had years of "a game in London is the most expansion the league will get" and now we're about to have a game in Mexico

London's not getting a team because of timezones.

Mexico City will get a permanent team before London, for that reason. And it will probably be the Jags.

• Locked thread