Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
What do you think of when you think of San Diego?

How about Oakland?

Do you think about this?

:barf:

Well that's because the Chargers and Raiders have spoke about a deal to build a stadium in beautiful Carson, CA

Carson is known for it's beauty

quote:

On the field, the San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders have had as bitter a rivalry as any in the NFL but in a sense, they’re now partners.

The teams will officially announce Friday that, while they work on stadium deals in their current cities, they will jointly pursue a shared, $1.7-billion NFL stadium in Carson as an alternative.

Update: Proposal prompts dismay in San Diego, hope in Oakland

While theirs might seem to be an unlikely pairing -- the Silver & Black and the Powder Blue -- the Raiders and Chargers have actually been closer over the years than many people might think.

:stare:

JANUARY 12 2017

THE CHARGERS ARE DEAD
LONG LIVE THE CHARGERS

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

SA2K posted:

Historic legacy franchises up the ante. Yankees fans, Lakers fans, Red Wings fans, etc

Am I allowed to feel pride in the Minneapolis Lakers? This is important

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

thompson posted:

LA is lovely

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

mike- posted:

I wish la could get a team that isn't the Chargers raiders or Rams but beggars can't be choosers.

Give them the Steelers or Lions

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't see any way it affects the Rams. Kroenke already has land for his stadium, and they're a vote away from being allowed to build it. He's likely getting what he wants anyway. Chargers and Raiders are just fighting for a second stadium to be built in the city that they could both play in. As long as a good portion of each fanbase sticks with the team and watches on TV, ratings will be up, and the two stadiums should at least get frequent decent attendance, albeit not sellouts. Rams would probably be at best the second-most popular NFL team there if they aren't the only ones to go, but they're already not the most popular sports team in St Louis anyway so that's not a shocking development.

Although isn't there a worry about fractions? On a smaller scale, Minneapolis-St. Paul has Hockey and Basketball running side by side, hockey is more popular by a long long shot and the Basketball team is always on life support. If there's three LA teams, aren't you just essentially dividing down the amount of fans by a lot? I get that NYC has two teams but still :shrug:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Blitz7x posted:

I'm hope the Raiders move to LA so I can unironically wear my LA Raiders hat without looking like a douche

Are you Eazy-E?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

the raiders

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Benne posted:

FedEx Field is so bad that Snyder already wants a new stadium less than 20 years after building it

To be fair that is largely self inflicted

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Good news for San Diego, the GULLS ARE BACK!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Volkerball posted:

Chargers will stay, Kroenke will get his stadium, Raiders are hosed. It is known.

Goal: Raiders and Chargers stay, massive useless Los Angeles stadium built, Rams stay in STL, LA loses. We all win

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

All this California infighting has made me realize how much I love Minnesota and hate Anaheim

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Ron Jeremy posted:

That stadium looks pretty cool. Too bad no bowl stadiums will ever get built for NFL teams. If you're not at least 40% luxury boxes, you're not getting built.

Why is this basically a rule?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Qwijib0 posted:

The equivalent level seat on the other side is a $90 ticket. You need ~650 seats to equal one box holding 40.

put ads on jerseys next

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I want Davis to suddenly roll out a plan that incorporates all Oakland sports into one, so the A's, Warriors (I think), and Raiders get a stadium, then move SJS to Oakland for the hell of it and create a Oakland sports mecca.

Am I allowed to dream?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

About that Vikes thing, people I know on the Internet and the who are pro soccer are so obnoxious about that Pluto vs Stadium thing, thanks WCCO

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I don't want the Rams to move

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Ross Angeles posted:

I wonder if Steve Balmer wants to get into the game.

It's the Russians

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Glass of Milk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OSC-rXed-I

Dick Enberg needs money. I like that stadium design, though. Too bad it will never happen.

I love Dick Enberg

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Best ending, no one moves to LA, LA continues to suck

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Goodnight Chargers, I hate you Dean Spanos as much as I hate Norm Green, and that says a lot.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Norm Green is one of the greediest scumbag owners on earth. Look him up

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I like how the NFL keeps their revenues in their own private little club but the Packers have to release it.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Stan Kroenke
Clay Bennett
Norm Green
Dean Spanos

Burn in hell all y'all

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Frackie Robinson posted:

Why would anybody build an enclosed stadium in Los Angeles?

ooo it might get INCLEMENT ooo nooooooooooo oooooooooooo noooooooooo

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

https://twitter.com/kingbrian_/status/687139607687729152

KROENKE SUCKS

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Ammanas posted:

Don't feel sorry for saint Louis. It's a racist hellhole and deserves all the suffering it gets :HOTTAKE:

Also I doubt the chargers go anywhere

What, and I should feel happy for LA? LA is a hellhole with good PR. And if you're going to call St. Louis racist...you don't know the beginning with LA.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Vertical Lime posted:

March 29th should be interesting

Send Reaves and Backes to Kroenke's box

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Ross Angeles posted:

Dean Spanos has reportedly re-opened dialogue with the city of San Diego

:peanut:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

When the Raiders were in LA, the NFL and NHL team matched, when the Rams were in St Louis, the NHL team and the NFL team had similar colors

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Volkerball posted:

The one helmet rule sucks because having alternate helmets is cool, but I totally get the logic of the danger behind having players use new helmets all the time instead of one that they have broken in and are used to.

The NFL doing tiny weird things for player safety but nothing huge? Color me shocked!!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Sash! posted:

Steelers always been in Pittsburgh, even when they weren't the Steelers :smugdog:

Merge the Steelers and the Eagles and move them to Philadelphia

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Barudak posted:

And yet they'll soon have your Rivers

:wow:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Twin cities owns

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

The first year of his ownership

They then did nothing of note.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Ragnarok the Red posted:

So is like the potential for the Las Vegas Raiders still just a distant pipe dream? The Sands CEO wants to build a billion dollar stadium for UNLV near the strip that'll seat 65k the teams could share.

Any chance of that being a real option or is Vegas just being used as leverage yet again and lol den of sin and gambling :(

Yes

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I love Target Field

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

FCKGW posted:

LOL NERD

I think all the international students around UCI think its a league of legends reference though.

League of Legends sucks

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Can we have one non dome stadium please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

NC-17 posted:

Yeah, in the desert!

Don't move to a wasteland

Spoeank posted:

This worked well for Levis, only one person died from the elements.

Maybe they should consume fluids or seek shelter during a storm

• Locked thread