Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

shyduck posted:

The University of Texas should play IN the Alamo.

be a fucker of a drive all the way to san antonio to get there every saturday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'd prefer the Guadalajara Guardebosques

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I mean MetLife stadium exists so building on toxic landfill is not a problem for NFL stadiums

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you west coast assholes will learn soon enough, dunkin donuts is fuckin poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

relocate every team

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Back in the good old days my grandfather watched football from a wooden bleacher, and he enjoyed it.

today, we know him as Deteriorata

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

move the rams to LA, move the colts to St. Louis

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

zen death robot posted:

You can still be a Chargers fan if they're in another city

no, he can't, for reasons he can not and will not explain

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

where ever they build new stadiums, they need to hire whoever designed the stadiums in All Pro Football 2k8, those crazy-rear end themed stadiums were the bomb

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Spoeank posted:

California has so goddamned many sports teams:

NFL:
49ers
Raiders
Chargers
Rams
(Make them all the NFC West)

NBA:
Kings
Warriors
Clippers
Lakers

MLB:
Giants
A's
Dodgers
Angels
Padres
(make them all the NL West)

NHL:
Sharks
Ducks
Kings

MLS:
Earthquakes
Galaxy

its a big state

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i know i'm always just tripping over people who cannot wait to extol the virtues of Portland, Maine.

do you like cities and love white people? portland, maine might be the place for you.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

even Newark has bright spots like the Ironbound.

cities are great and some of y'all belong in South Dakota or some poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Volkerball posted:

loving hell

this is basically how i pictured Freeside in Neuromancer looking

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

the gently caress are the aztecs going to do

time to share a stadium with USD fucker

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bring back the Steamroller

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kiimo posted:

Man you guys get mad about water a lot.

CONGRESS CREATED DUSTBOWL

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Kroenkhouse

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i loving hate metlife stadium

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

What's wrong with it? I hear people hate it all the time, but I've never heard a reason beyond the traffic being bad, and I just assumed that comes as part of that area in general.

it looks like a giant glowing HVAC unit

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Yeah they spent almost as much as Jerry Jones to build what almost looks like an unfinished frame. Metlife looks terrible.

to be fair as evidenced by the still-in-tact old Giants Stadium (a way nicer looking stadium) it probably isn't finished in that picture, but the finished product ain't much different

note the white tarp underneath the METLIFE sign in the foreground, they had to install that after they realized that there was no rain coverage in that area for the people standing underneath

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

when i think of the kind of rowdy, raunchy illegal trouble you can get up to in vegas, I think cirque du soliel

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he's not wrong

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i've never understood playing video-based gambling games, at least at table games you can see the drat deck in front of you, how can you trust a computer enough to not completely gently caress you

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sash! posted:

New York, DC, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Charlotte, Chicago, Jacksonville, and Buffalo all have whole states they could have had around them, but nope all crammed into corners less than 25 miles from another state.

i'm not sure you know how settling works

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a football stadium: literally the same as buses

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

warcrimes posted:

I'm on the far right, sucking my gut in

Hmmm, where have I seen that warboys hand sign before....

scrub doesn't know the warboy handsign is a V8, 2/10

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

okay which one of you did this (ham)

Volkerball posted:

That welfare and public transportation are beneficial to the people who use them at least at some tax expense to those who don't isn't controversial. In fact, in the case of welfare, that's the entire point of the program. The point being that not every penny of taxes spent by every person is going to be spent in a way that is a direct benefit to themselves. Whether or not they are justified is a completely separate conversation that I didn't comment on. If someone can't read and gets salty about it, that's their problem.

you are massively, insanely dumb

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Didn't we just have years of people saying LA and Vegas were never getting a team

Hell, we even had years of "a game in London is the most expansion the league will get" and now we're about to have a game in Mexico

nothing will ever change, because i think change is bad and scary!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Los Angeles Chargers of Anaheim

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

San Diego & Oakland are bad, along with Carson, and California really

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Is it possible that maybe, just maybe, we can move every team to LA? It's clearly very important we do this rather than expand to another city that has say, 0 teams.

ladies and gentlemen, your Salt Lake Super Chargers!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

Does anything think that Goodell actually has any sense of shame or pride at this point?

goodell is a glorified mannequin in a suit

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ice To Meet You posted:

All teams make their logos in Paint and save as .jpg, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

v2vian man posted:

none of what you posted is supported by the article at all

But he sounded so authoritative when he posted it!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bank of America Stadium West

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

look what you fucks did, you got Leperflesh all over the goddamn thread, do you know how hard that poo poo is to clean off

• Locked thread