Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

I want my home town to be famous for something ok

Monkey paw curls finger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Woodchip posted:

OKC Frackin' Earthquakes.

Finally a football team that tells the truth

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MrLogan posted:

AFC West plays both the south divisions next year. They are sending three teams to the playoffs.

The cycle was broken so no

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

lol if your city doesn;t have an ikea

Oklahoma doesn't have one :negative:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

old dog child posted:

The only cool thing about your state is that I could smoke inside a Buffalo Wild Wings (and bars I guess)

OKC owns tulsa is okay the Universities are pretty dope

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

If Southern California doesn't have seasons why am I freezing?

*low 50s

For those who actually have this view, gently caress you

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

Everyone does, it can't be helped. I grew up in almost the same climate as you. My friend is from North loving Dakota. It only takes about three or four months to turn into a weather pussy.

Metapod posted:

gently caress you

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Never did that but I was doing an inspection in East Palo Alto and I heard gunshots like three houses down. I noped the gently caress outta there pretty goddamn fast. The same day a bored housewife in Los Altos Hills scolded me for running my car for too long.

Our Oakland adjusters regularly get carjacked, like one a year. I mean if you leave your car unlocked and running with you sitting in the passenger seat, what the gently caress else do you think is going to happen?

:psyduck:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Eat poo poo non-car havers.

This is a real dumb mentality to have

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chupacabraTERROR posted:

public transportation sucks, i enjoy my rear end being warmed by my cars heated seats when its 60 degrees or lower thank you very much

If it's better funded it can be good though

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

No one takes the blue line because it goes through places that they only know about from hip hop songs or places that they only hear about with the word "riots" following it and it's like, how the hell else are you going to get from long beach to downtown

Through the secret tunnels underground

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zen death robot posted:

My car is really air tight and will trap them which makes for a really hosed up surprise when you get back in 30 minutes later and forget.

Also my dad thought he'd be funny and rip on one time and he didn't know he'd have to deal with it when we got back in from the store 15 minutes later. Served him right for farting in my drat car.

What kind of car is that airtight?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

AT&T is the most beautiful stadium or arena in all of American sports and I will fight you if you say otherwise

(PNC is actually really nice and is also an acceptable answer).

PNC is so drat beautiful. Makes me always pick Pitt in the show

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Where is Vegas getting/going to get the water needed to support all these people?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

warcrimes posted:

It needs a new water supply to support a 60-man roster? wut

If they get a nfl team they are pretty much saying we want to expand as a city and bring in more people. How are they going to support them?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lessail posted:

bro do you think there's only hotel workers here or something

I think they are big city built in a desert and was wondering there plan was going forward

No Safe Word posted:

Vegas doesn't have to grow to support an NFL team. It's already bigger than many MSAs that have a team (Indy, Nashville, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Buffalo, Green Bay).

Didn't think they were bigger than new orleans

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

They can drink Mead.

The answer I was looking for. Thanks everyone

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

warcrimes posted:

Ah, okay. LV is in a desert but it's not the middle of the Mojave, it's surrounded by mountains and has a plentiful water supply. Those Mormon genocidists picked a great spot to genocide.

Things that don't get taught in Oklahoma

Rick posted:

Las Vegas's water plan is a lot better than Phoenix's, which is "Maybe Tucson will sell us the CAP water they're storing :downs:"

Hemet is really bad.

Lmao

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ron Jeremy posted:

Things that have never before been uttered for $1000, Alex

Woah Alex Smith you have huge hands

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

If it makes you feel better the planes states are just as hosed once the Ogallala Aquifer gets depleted/permanently polluted from fracking.

Why would this make anyone feel better

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

I for one look forward to the Dust Bowl returning.

It won't because we now have trees and advanced farming techniques to prevent that :eng101:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Those signs are my favorite random California thing

Link?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hahahahahahhaahah

Febreeze posted:

I drove from Maryland to Oregon and it loving owned, saw all kinds of cool poo poo, plus I got stuck in a blizzard in western nebraska and had to draft an 18 wheeler in my little honda for 50 miles.

But seriously if you are an American you owe it to yourself to do a cross country road trip at some point in your life.

I'll keep that in mind

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

All politicians are awful except my guy is the worst, most pervasive idiocy

I ask you look at Oklahoma before making that judgement

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Reno 911 was a good show

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

How do you draft a two time super bowl winning quarterback and move a decade later?

Lmao

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Oakland isn't some 3rd world uncivilized city that's going to riot over the Raiders moving

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

warcrimes posted:

As somneone who lived in Vegas for 11 years and is probably moving back in the next year- *shrug* you're/we're not paying for it, rich tourists are

Lmao what a retarded thing to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Soccer has like a combined 8 shots on goal per game in 90 minutes and hockey has like 60 combined shots per game in 60 minutes. One of those is dull and the other is constant action

i'm glad we can agree that soccer owns and hockey blows

• Locked thread