Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NC-17 posted:

What's the backstory behind those photos?

Raiders fans keep it real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chris James 2 posted:

Carson city council approved the stadium idea 3-0

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SA2K posted:

This whole thing has been a giant smokescreen and was never going to happen

That's how I feel about it. I don't trust any loving story that comes out of nowhere a few weeks before the draft, and giving up on a middle aged great QB is just insanity.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Boltman: Well, I'm grateful, not only for your goose bumps, but for your interest in -- in our kind of communication. Could I tell you the words of one of the songs, which I feel is very important?

Senator Pastore: Yes.

Boltman: This has to do with that good feeling of control which I feel that children need to know is there. And it starts out, "What do you do with the mad that you feel?" And that first line came straight from a child. I work with children doing puppets in -- in very personal communication with small groups:

San Diego Super Chargers,
San Diego Chargers!
San Diego Super Chargers,
San Diego Chargers!
Charge!

We're coming your way,
We're gonna dazzle you with our super play.
The time has come,
You know we're shooting for number one.
With thunderbolts and lightning
We'll light up the sky,
We'll give it all we've got, and more
With the Super Charger try!

Senator Pastore: I think it's wonderful. I think it's wonderful. Looks like you just earned the new stadium.

--Y'all better get this reference

Kalli fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 15, 2015

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I demand both the Raiders and Rams make new LA music videos.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

In "I am old news" I was in high school when Columbine happened

I graduated the year before and my old high school responded to it by banning trenchcoats and black shirts and KMFDM which is funny because I had already left that high school and furthermore....

I do remember a bunch of kids running through the halls screaming that OJ got acquitted though, also I got a lot of use with my ability to mimic Judge Ito's voice during that year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So should I start the "where will the LA Rams move to?" thread now or give it a year?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

jesus how is LA so bad at football

It's a city of transplants that have hometown teams to root for and coke parties to go to with Chandler Jones.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Feel bad for Chargers fans but at least they're moving about as close as humanly possible for a team moving.

I think they'll probably overtake the Rams in popularity (actually having a QB helps), but it really feels like within 15 years max at least one of these two teams will not be in LA.

gently caress your city if you give them a stadium though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Harlock posted:

Aren't they going to share the new stadium with the Rams?

Yeah, I mean when they move again.

I mean this isn't a long term solution regardless of what they say. They or the Rams will leave soon enough.

chupacabraTERROR posted:

lol if u think rivers is moving his rear end up the 5 to that shithole of a town

It's like an hour flight right? He probably will not move his family and just fly back and forth a lot.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Does this mean masturbating security guard is out of a job?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Febreeze posted:

So here's a good article about the monetary reasons behind the move

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-diego-chargers-los-angeles-move-relocation-011217?cmpid=feed:-sports-MSNcom

It's a depressing read, honestly

The thing is that piece takes as gospel that PSL sales will be a massive financial boon for the two teams when the Rams already have an attendance problem and actively dicked over the previous PSL owners and for the Chargers, who are likely not in the top half dozen teams for fanbases in LA. Who's dropping 4-10k on these PSL's exactly ?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

I think Chargers fans can both be happy that we didn't give a billionaire a stadium, and sad that the team is gone

Agreed, but it should be channeled into anger at Spanos.

You know, sports fans riot over the dumbest poo poo, it would've been fantastic if the Chargers didn't have any corporate offices to move to LA.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

quote:

In an appearance on XTRA 1360 in San Diego, Rivers admitted to being “a little numb” and to having to “[hold] back tears a few times” during the interview, the 13-year veteran embraced his new place of business.

“I’m not gonna be there for 13 years but I’m gonna given ’em all I’ve got in the short time I have left,” Rivers said.

He said he will be “the same guy I’ve always been,” and that he hopes folks in San Diego will still look at him and say, “That’s our quarterback” in the same way his Alabama hometown still does.

He nevertheless admitted to being “excited” and “fired up” about playing in Los Angeles, even though it’s still not clear how excited or fired up L.A. is to have the Chargers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

you know I didn't think the Chargers would be able to handle something more poorly then the Joey Bosa contract.

Well played Chargers.

Wait, I mean, not well played.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

Can I quit this team

Welcome aboard friend, get ready to celebrate the Superbowl in a month :toot:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

whiteyfats posted:

Mark actually kind of owns. Way worse owners in the league.

He honestly seems like one of the better ones all things considered. All he really needs to achieve top tier status is to successfully sue the league to carry on dad's legacy.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mark Davis procreating has probably 50/50 odds of spitting out a Charles II.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Wait, i don't think I'm doing this right.

• Locked thread