Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Levi's Stadium literally killed a guy and Jed won't buy shade :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

What category does "Endless suburban hellscape distinguishable only by the different languages on their respective supermarkets" fall under?

San Jose isn't on the coast, man

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I just realized in 2020, no California NFL team will be in the same city they were in in 2010.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Volkerball posted:

It's still San Francisco, don't be a pedant.

I'm not being a pedant. Levis is almost an hour from San Francisco proper. It's not in the same city.

Don't be a poo poo.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Santa Clara is an hour's drive because of traffic, though. It's only 45 miles.

Which is still not the same city of course. So, are we not accepting that New York has a football team, then? MetLife is in East Rutherford, New Jersey, which is apparently a 37 minute drive even though it's only 13 miles?

What is the limit?

Alright I'll reword my statement:

No California football team (Niners, Chargers, Raiders, Rams) will play in the same stadium in 2020 that it played in in 2010.

Holy poo poo nerds it was a commentary on all the NFL movement in the state.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

How bad was Candlestick out of curiosty? I know it wasn't O.Co bad but I was under the impression it actually was a pretty bad stadium at the end.

It was literally falling apart. I remember I was slapping the seat of the chair in front of me and a bolt came flying out that was never replaced. Another time I slipped going down the stairs because a chunk of concrete about the size of a fist came out from under my feet.

It was really bad.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

rjmccall posted:

Being pedantic about cities vs. their close-in suburbs is silly. That said, Santa Clara is not a close-in suburb of San Francisco. It is an incorporated suburb of San Jose, a nearby but completely different city.

The stadium is actually a huge pain in the rear end to get to from SF. It is not a "50 minute drive" by any stretch, at least not on game days, because you either leave early enough to avoid the traffic (which, y'know, doesn't actually mean you don't count the extra time you spend waiting at the stadium) or you crawl through standstill traffic for an hour. I was fortunate enough to live near BART on the southern side of the city, and it still took about two and a half hours to get there on public transit. Just the final train ride from Mountain View takes over thirty minutes. It's faster to get there from Oakland.

I agree that a lot of the anger is because the Niners have been terrible, but San Francisco is not wrong to feel like it got abandoned.

Yeah the 45-50 minutes is laughable because I live 5 or 6 miles from the stadium and it takes me a half hour because the traffic is a clusterfuck

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Eli Wiggum posted:

By that same token, how many people in southern California care about the Warriors?

Lakers fans now that Kobe retired.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

a neat cape posted:

David Eckstein is better than Barry Bonds

I'm going to find you and kill you in your sleep

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

How's squandering the best hitter in baseball being the only blip of relevance since 2002 working out for you because the three titles since then tends to dull the pain

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Is this Jerry Dipoto or Billy Eppler

Eli Wiggum posted:

At least you had that even year bullshit going on until the Cubs put an end to it last year :smug:

I guess it's time to....... even the odds

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Baseball is bad because the latest CBA actively encourages the most interesting/possibly best player in the world not bother to try to play in MLB.

I long for Otani. :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

Baseball is okay live in the park where it occupies the same niche as fishing: you're there to relax and have a couple of beers, the other stuff that's going on is a bonus.

Hockey and soccer are both a lot of back and forth without scoring, which is kinda dull. Whereas points happen so often in basketball it ends up boring for the opposite reason.

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen to your response.

Baseball is interesting because live and on TV are two completely different experiences. Baseball live you hang out, chat, drink some beers, eat some food under the guise of sport. You can leave and come back and don't miss much and you can't see any of the details at all (pitch movement, balls/strikes, etc).

Then on TV you can sperg out about velocity, movement, pitch framing, etc.

Both are good experiences.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Just barnstorm

Please Raiders

It is your destiny

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The Bay Area is just a monolithic expanse of business parks, tech campuses and identical strip malls anchored by Targets.

Levis could be 5 or 50 miles outside SF and it makes no difference because nothing matters its all the same endless hellscape of $3000 2Br/2Ba apartments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

My wife and I are moving out of the bay in July to actually be able to buy a house and I'm very excited :snoop:

• Locked thread